BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds United preview

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

A great win. Remember the days when we couldn't hang onto a lead to save our lives?

An important home result, am looking forward to watching the Rovers take on Ipswich on Tuesday. Should be a good battle between two even teams.

• Backroom

What a good win that is and an enjoyable afternoon

First half we were ok but still managed to create a lot, scored at the right time after Kean kept us in it superbly and never fully looked like conceding after and could have had a couple ourselves.

I thought the first sub took us out of the game a bit but was pleased to see bowyer mix it up with the second and show that he is willing to bring off Rhodes when required

Kean - 3 or 4 amateur moment but a world class save, you can almost see his heart sink when he does something daft

Kane - get some new studs - ok otherwise

Dann - sloppy start but solid after

Hanley - solid

Spurr - great finish and solid as ever

King - messy but dangerous and at times Messi

Cairney - much better jn the middle, a real talent

Dunn - tried to make things happen and it's always possible when he's on

Taylor - superb, ran his socks off and played well in 3 positions

Lowe - did what he does well but jibbed a 50/50

Rhodes - tried harder than last week but never looked a threat

Marshall - obviously talented but frustrating

DJ - looked up for it but no real time

Interesting seeing thoughts on the ref I thought he was a homer overall

That was a cracking good game of football imo.

Leeds were extremely physical and by and large we met the physical challenge very well.

It was a sensational bit of work from Taylor to win the ball back which led to the corner from whixh we scored the winnerand overall I thoughr he had a tremendous game. Intelligent player who keeps it simple and plays the right ball at the right time.

I also thought Hanley had an extremely good game at the back.

Four points from two games against Reading and Leeds. I think we'd have taken that before the off. Still an exceedingly long way to go but a concerted play off push ought to be well within our capabilities once everyone is fit.

• Backroom

It's occurred to me that none of us nor the manager actually know what our best team is, back four picks itself at the moment but then it could be any from many

Two 1-0 wins against promotion contenders. I really think we COULD do it, but depends on consistency and injuries.

Today clearly showed how important a fit Dunn is to us :)

I didn't actually think Dunn had a particularly good game today, never really got into it imo.

On the other hand Cairney looks a class apart to our other available central midfield options.

Hope today also cements Taylor's place in the side, been scratching my head all season wondering why he couldn't seem to get s game.

I didn't actually think Dunn had a particularly good game today, never really got into it imo.

On the other hand Cairney looks a class apart to our other available central midfield options.

Hope today also cements Taylor's place in the side, been scratching my head all season wondering why he couldn't seem to get s game.

Must say Taylor always looked decent when playing against us, a real battler too, which is so important in this league.

Well played the lad !!!

• Backroom

Leeds fans will be gutted by this result btw. A lot of them were expecting a win today, as the below post on their footymad forum shows...

re: Blackburn v Leeds score prediction

blackburn 1 leeds 3

not going to be the hard game many imagine , walk in the park this one ...

:lol: makes Lawro look like a psychic.

How are we looking on the whole? Been out of touch for a while and unable to follow the games and was @#/? not to get a stream tonight (thanks Pear for the Rovers Player log on). I presume promotion places are optimistic based on the results i've seen but has the team started to gel and could we get better or are we at our best? Last games I saw were Bolton and Burnley so no idea how we're performing other than catching the results now and again.

• Backroom

How are we looking on the whole? Been out of touch for a while and unable to follow the games and was keaned not to get a stream tonight (thanks Pear for the Rovers Player log on). I presume promotion places are optimistic based on the results i've seen but has the team started to gel and could we get better or are we at our best? Last games I saw were Bolton and Burnley so no idea how we're performing other than catching the results now and again.

As a team we're pretty much the total opposite to when Kean was in charge. We're far more organised and dogged, players fight for each other and look much fitter. We don't concede goals by the bucketload anymore and can actually hold onto a lead. We still struggle creatively and we're still trying to find a way to get the best out of Rhodes, but we're a steady outfit without too many weaknesses but also without any amazing strengths either.

In reality we're a solid mid-table team who could sneak 6th with a huge amount of luck and a hell of a run of form.

Good win and an enjoyable game of football.

Taylor was outstanding and Cairney (finally) in a central role kept us ticking over and keeping the ball for longer periods.

The main thing for me is still that there's sod all in this league, I'm yet to see a good side. We just need to be positive and today, both in team selection and application, we were.

Archived