BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich away

Ricky

I know there is a preview to come from Daramz but as we are only a couple of days away I thought it may be wise to get something started.

Also as I'm attending this one on my own I was wondering if anyone else is heading down to it and where people might be meeting up for a drink before the game.

I don't think he will but I think Bowyer should bench Rhodes who isn't contributing enough and play DJ Campbell, who was impressive yesterday at holding the ball up when he came on.

I would also rest Dunn and play Rochina. I wouldn't involve Marshall in the squad, surely Judge should be ahead in the pecking order.

Kean

Kane Dann Hanley Spurr

Lowe Cairney

King Rochina Taylor

Campbell

Subs: Eastwood, Henley, Kilgallon, Williamson, Judge, Dunn, Rhodes.

I would expect Ipswich to be quite direct under McCarthy so to counter this I think Bowyer should set up defensively and play two holding midfielders and try and stop the Ipswich midfielders from getting on the end of any comfortthe knock-downs. We should keep it tight for the first half hour and then see how the game is panning out. I would leave some of the flair players on the bench and only bring them on if we are chasing the game.

I would expect Ipswich to be quite direct under McCarthy so to counter this I think Bowyer should set up defensively and play two holding midfielders and try and stop the Ipswich midfielders from getting on the end of any comfortthe knock-downs. We should keep it tight for the first half hour and then see how the game is panning out. I would leave some of the flair players on the bench and only bring them on if we are chasing the game.

Possibly but I don't have confidence in us being able to shut up shop away from home. If we pose little attacking threat, it'll only be a matter of time before Ipswich score. In this league, I'd be more inclined to 'have a go', like we did against Bournemouth.

Hope we have a go at them, start with Rochina. They are there for the taking IMO, although have won their last 2.

I'm heading down there on my own. Booked half day off work, must be mad!! And back at some unearthly hour, ready for 8am at work Wed. Fingers crossed it's worth it & I'm feeling a little more confident after yesterday.

Possibly but I don't have confidence in us being able to shut up shop away from home. If we pose little attacking threat, it'll only be a matter of time before Ipswich score. In this league, I'd be more inclined to 'have a go', like we did against Bournemouth.

Bournemouth was the exception rather than the rule I feel. We have to start getting ugly away from home if we are to start picking up any points. Invariably this season we have been punished for mistakes so if we cut them out and keep our shape and discipline we could get something.

• Backroom

Ipswich are definitely not "there for the taking". They're a solid team with a good manager. They're far better than Bournemouth.

Saying that, I'd line up very similarly to how we lined up against Leeds yesterday. If we play defensively we'll get beaten.

• Backroom

With another big game on Saturday id play Rochina and DJ up top in this one, we have a squad and options lets use them

Rhodes doesn't look fully fit at present and would be daft to push him to injury

I like Portman Road and I'll be there Tuesday night - anyone else making the long trip down the M6 and A14 ?

Looking forward to the match - I just hope we can get a good run going after the excellent performance against Leeds. Would take a draw as McCarthy's (my choice to replace Kean) sides are never easy to beat but a defeat after Saturday would be depressing.

I think the exact same Tom. DJ held it up well yesterday too, plus save Dunn for the weekend.

I was watching pretty carefully when DJ replaced Rhodes, specifically whether he held up the ball any better than Rhodes. He didn't.

I'm not saying taking off Rhodes was wrong necessarily, the lad looks like he needs a rest (much like Kean), but DJ only did ok.

Such a shame we didn't keep hold of CKR. Holding the ball up was what he was brilliant at. If anything it's what Rhodes has missed this season. Let's hope Gestede (sp?) is good at this.

In other news, is it right that Gestede came to Rovers already carrying an injury?

• Backroom

I actually thought DJ did hold it up better but it was at a time when the focus was on holding it so Rhodes probably would have done the same

DJ did harass the defenders well but I suppose that's easy when you know you only have 10 minutes to do

In other news, is it right that Gestede came to Rovers already carrying an injury?

Yes. GB said on Thursday that he was signed knowing that he may not make Saturday but obv the loan window closure was fast approaching. He did say he was touch & go for Leeds so expect him to be on the bench Tuesday & prob in the running for a start on Sat at QPR.

I like Portman Road and I'll be there Tuesday night - anyone else making the long trip down the M6 and A14 ?

Looking forward to the match - I just hope we can get a good run going after the excellent performance against Leeds. Would take a draw as McCarthy's (my choice to replace Kean) sides are never easy to beat but a defeat after Saturday would be depressing.

Seriously considering it as ive never been to Portman road for some reason.

1-1 (Rhodes pen)

Archived