BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson makes comeback

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he is one of the 30k a week players I would look to get rid in January.

I remember thinking he was poor at getting down to low shots a long time ago, and I can't imagine he has got more agile.

Looking forward to see if Eastwood can have another good game this Saturday, and hopefully a spell out will get Kean's head straight.

The reason Kean made his initial impact is because Robbo was becoming a liability. Good shot-stopper with one helluva kick on him, but he's a flapper and slow to get down to shots. Will any of that have improved after a long layoff with a serious back injury?

The reason Kean made his initial impact is because Robbo was becoming a liability. Good shot-stopper with one helluva kick on him, but he's a flapper and slow to get down to shots. Will any of that have improved after a long layoff with a serious back injury?

Who's to say the back injury wasn't the reason he was slower to get down?

Kean is much more of a flapper, Robbo can be hit and miss at times but he gives me and I'm sure the defence much more confidence than Kean.

Our team is also too young, it lacks leadership. Robbo will be able to pass on his experience.

I think Kean needs to be out of the firing line for now. The guy's having a crisis in confidence.

Just don't think people should be looking at Robinson as lord and saviour. I also concur with Maj that he'll be off as soon as Venky's can find someone to pick up his wages.

Who's to say the back injury wasn't the reason he was slower to get down?

I still remember it being a weakness of his when Sam was here.

No need, Eastwood was ace against QPR last Saturday and definitely deserves a run of games.

Lets be realistic, he made 1 great save and was generally more assured than kean. But he isnt as good as robbo and bowyer clearly doesnt have that much faith in him or kean would have been replaced a good few games ago.

Whilst he was busy being slow and flapping at the ball, he picked up 41 England caps.

If he can get himself 100% fit, then we've got a quality keeper again. His experience will be invaluable to the whole team, and I'd make him captain.

I also can't see anyone taking a punt on him in Jan, and we've more pressing concerns, such as getting rid of Best, Campbell and Etuhu.

Whilst he was busy being slow and flapping at the ball, he picked up 41 England caps.

If he can get himself 100% fit, then we've got a quality keeper again. His experience will be invaluable to the whole team, and I'd make him captain.

I also can't see anyone taking a punt on him in Jan, and we've more pressing concerns, such as getting rid of Best, Campbell and Etuhu.

Well said, i personally think a Paul Robinson who may be slow at getting down and a bit of a flapper (in some people eyes) :blink: is night and day better than what we have now. Good luck to Eastwood on Saturday BTY

Robbo misses some easier shots, particularly those which are low-down and long-range. However, in the past he's saved us with some blinders, he does know when to come out and when to wait, and he does have authority with the defence and @#/? them when they mess up.

He also has a great relationship with the fans and would boost our morale imo.

Robbo misses some easier shots, particularly those which are low-down and long-range. However, in the past he's saved us with some blinders, he does know when to come out and when to wait, and he does have authority with the defence and keans them when they mess up.

He also has a great relationship with the fans and would boost our morale imo.

Robinson was no great shakes before his injury and I hardly think that he will have improved, and Eastwood is deserving of selection imo BUT Robinson's experience would inspire more confidence from his teammates which is something not always taken into consideration when judging various keepers abilities.

How did Robbo do last night? Anyone see the game?

I think there's a possibility that he might come back a bit better, he's had plenty of rest to get over niggling back injuries and the like, and he'll be doing lots of fitness work.

Kean has been poor and Eastwood isn't a long term answer so if Robbo can get to their level he has to play for me.

Why?

Because of his experience which is of particular importance for this young team we have, even more so as it appears we lack leaders.

Kean has been poor and Eastwood isn't a long term answer

Really? Eastwood is 24 and 10 years younger than Robinson. At 34 and recovering from major back surgey with serious complications and commanding a reported 40k pw I think it's much safer to say that Robinson is not a long term answer.

Really? Eastwood is 24 and 10 years younger than Robinson. At 34 and recovering from major back surgey with serious complications and commanding a reported 40k pw I think it's much safer to say that Robinson is not a long term answer.

I agree with this.

I would be happy to see Robinson leave if we get the opportunity to offload him.

Archived