BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson makes comeback

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The top 6/8 clubs have very good goalkeepers. To challenge for that final 6th spot we need a new keeper or a fully fit and in form Robinson.

Otherwise promotion is a long shot off.

The Reading keeper is excellent and saves them points and doesnt cost like ours have.

Even though we were 3-1 up against Millwall their second goal was not acceptable.

EDIT - Do we even have a coach?

If he can get his distribution sorted again he should regain the number 1 shirt, think he will also be better for finally having surgery instead of playing though the niggles. Eastwood isn't the answer should of saved both millwalls goals at the weekend, got beat at his near post an flapped at the second which was an easy take.

• Backroom

If he can get his distribution sorted again he should regain the number 1 shirt, think he will also be better for finally having surgery instead of playing though the niggles. Eastwood isn't the answer should of saved both millwalls goals at the weekend, got beat at his near post an flapped at the second which was an easy take.

The second was shocking but the first I would be impressed if any keeper saved that he is travelling across his goal then it comes back at him, no chance

The second was shocking but the first I would be impressed if any keeper saved that he is travelling across his goal then it comes back at him, no chance

To be fair to him, he lost his footing or he may well have saved it. You could be ultra picky and maybe say he lost his footing due to bad footwork, but still harsh I'd say.

Still the 2nd one was very poor. Just punch that in them conditions

IF Robbo gets back to 100% fitness and confidence then he is an all round better keeper than the other 2. Doesn't matter that he is 34 as that is still a good age for a keeper. Hopefully his opp will have cured his long standing back problem and allowed him to shed a lot of the timber he used to carry. Last season i would have said stick with Jake Kean as he seemed to be the future but for whatever reason he's gone backwards. The wages of Robinson are a problem but the owners don't seem too bothered so if he's fit and we are paying him then he should play. Shame for Clint but your no 1 is your no 1.

Acording to match reports Robinson made his usual mistake of punching the ball right to the oppos feet for them to score the 1st goal, he apperently stopped a few good shots later in the game but the damage was already done.

Sound familiar!!!!

Sounds like Kean and Eastwood!!!

Don't know if this video has been posted anywhere. Glad Robbo got a run out yesterday and glad he's made a full recovery but he does seem to have put on a bit of weight taking into account he was a big lad anyway. Think he needs a month or so yet before he could be considered for a return to the first team.

I agree Butty. Judging by the amount of timber he's carrying it could be a while yet - with no chance of him leaving in January. I guess all the medication and rest will have done that to him.

Good to see him back on the pitch though.

I agree Butty. Judging by the amount of timber he's carrying it could be a while yet - with no chance of him leaving in January. I guess all the medication and rest will have done that to him.

Good to see him back on the pitch though.

Now i understand why I can't get a pie at half-time in the JW, Robbo ate them all.

I can't believe his time off wasn't used to shed a few pounds.

Now i understand why I can't get a pie at half-time in the JW, Robbo ate them all.

I can't believe his time off wasn't used to shed a few pounds.

When you are laid up, you do tend to pile on the pounds.

Eat less then.

But he needs to eat to ensure he is well enough to fight infections, etc. He isn't walking about as much and naturally burning calories.

But I'm sure you know all this so I have to assume you are pulling my plonker.

Archived