BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

A positive of the last few weeks could be the realisation that a few of the squad need to improve or be replaced.

Letting judge go just before Marshall got injured has added to a problematic situation- we possibly need two wingers. Not an easy task when we do not have the funds to purchase, only loan.

Some good scouting may have missed by this happening 6 days pre window- the next 3 will decide if we are mid table or in the top 6.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh nowhere reliable-only the club website!! http://www.rovers.co.uk/team/reserves/raheem_hanley.aspx

What and you believed it? Please

If he's deemed not good enough, I don't see an issue. Kids get released all the time.

This youth team of recent years has had supposed potential for a while now, however the only real highlight from it is O'Connell, the rest were never going to be good enough. I'm not including Henley and Hanley in that because they weren't part of this more recent "good" youth side.

Can somebody fill me in as to how/why Raheem Hanley can go from huge potential/pushing first team to released with no fee at all so quickly??

Bit surprised we are releasing the youth etc...???

Quite simple actually...the guys a bell end

Dabo could be a good boost to the midfield and will hopefully see Williamson dropped. Although what he done vs Burnley I haven't seen him do anything to justify his selection. Hopefully Corry Evans will return to action soon and should replace Lowe.

As for the potential signing of Luke Varney, he is a player with huge experience and will be a good addition to the squad. He gave us a torrid time at Ewood cam in November but not sure why his appearances have been limited since. I would have more hope of him making an impact than the likes of DJ, Best or Slew.

Dabo could be a good boost to the midfield and will hopefully see Williamson dropped. Although what he done vs Burnley I haven't seen him do anything to justify his selection. Hopefully Corry Evans will return to action soon and should replace Lowe.

As for the potential signing of Luke Varney, he is a player with huge experience and will be a good addition to the squad. He gave us a torrid time at Ewood cam in November but not sure why his appearances have been limited since. I would have more hope of him making an impact than the likes of DJ, Best or Slew.

Is that the same DJ, who scores at every championship club he plays for, apart from the one team of whom had a manger who liked to play him constantly out of position?

It looks like 442 is our prefered formation now as rudy is playing to well to be left out and JR is never left out.

With that in mind I think we need to sign an old fashioned winger. Someone who only cares about having a go at the fullback, getting to the byline and getting a cross in.

Can be left or right sided really, but with the 2 up top we have they'd thrive off somebody like that. Never thought Ripley or Gillespie where all that, but they were mighty effective at getting to the byline and pulling it back. The strikers they played with had a feild day off them.

Also the coaches need to drum this into king and have him practice it daily. Byline cross, byline cross, byline cross until he masters it

I really think we need to be moving in on some loan targets, I don't know what the finances are but the strength of the bench last night was woeful. The LT and Kamy I think (apologises if it wasn't Kamy) alluded to us having finances for loans but nothing permanent, we really need another two bodies in my opinion. My feeling is things are moving on Danns move, his "injury" stinks of Samba injuries and many before him when a move is on the cards. With Dann in mind we will need centre back cover if that happens, we certainly need forward cover as we appear (with Best frozen out) to have no cover whatsoever for Rhodes and Gestede. Williamson went off with what looked a bad injury last night and I've yet to hear a concrete date for Evans to return and Marshall's injury appears to be season ending so we probably need cover. I'd be looking for cover out wide as centrally we have Lowe, Dunn, Cairney, Dabo and Taylor who could all fill that role.

Noticed Dann has been removed from the promotional poster sent by email for the Blackpool game and been replaced with Rudy..

Only a matter of time before he's off!

Shame but as a huge earner and one of the few with any fee value it was always on the cards

Is that the same DJ, who scores at every championship club he plays for, apart from the one team of whom had a manger who liked to play him constantly out of position?

He was useless in any position. This is typical getting all maudlin over a player who has left and suddenly he was a good player. By the way he flopped at Leicester too.

It seems to have gone quiet on the Martyn Waghorn front (maybe because Pune wont release the £500k needed) but talking to some Leicester mates last night, they say........

He is a busy player who works hard and was very good when they got promoted from League 1 but the fact he has been on loan to Millwall and Sheff Wed and not really done it there shows that he'd be a good signing for the likes of Wolves but the championship might be a bit too much for him.

They can't fault him and the crowd never get on his back but he doesn't score enough goals.

He is quite quick over 5 yards but not particularly fast over 15 yards.

Personally I would prefer him to Varney as a new start may see him lift his game.

I'd prefer a bit more talent than some Shefki Kuqi type who really tries, and runs a lot, but is rubbish.

Agreed. We need to be careful not to bring players in just for the sake of it. Has to be right with the budgets we have.

Noticed Dann has been removed from the promotional poster sent by email for the Blackpool game and been replaced with Rudy..

Only a matter of time before he's off!

Interesting.

I trust Bowyer in the transfer market - but will there be enough time between the sale of Dann and the end of the window to get someone in?!

When was it said that he has the potential to push into the first team at any point?

Well, he managed to get games in a decent Montpellier side last season. A midfield that was considerably more talented than ours in a league that, even if you are the most critical football fan, you would have to admit contains at least 5-6 teams that are significantly better than anything he will be facing this season. Lower half of Ligue 1 is probably around midtable Championship level and the league is at least phyiscal enough to know that he won't back away from the challenge or scared off by the pace.

btw has Dann been used all the time for those promotional email things? i also get those, but being over here i never really take note of it.

Yes, in every one as far back as October (couldn't be bothered to go back further). Hanley and Rhodes have been in every one as well, this is the first that Dann has been removed in a long while.

It could be a coincidence, but us Football fans (especially in the transfer window) get very suspicious.

It seems to have gone quiet on the Martyn Waghorn front (maybe because Pune wont release the £500k needed) but talking to some Leicester mates last night, they say........

He is a busy player who works hard and was very good when they got promoted from League 1 but the fact he has been on loan to Millwall and Sheff Wed and not really done it there shows that he'd be a good signing for the likes of Wolves but the championship might be a bit too much for him.

They can't fault him and the crowd never get on his back but he doesn't score enough goals.

He is quite quick over 5 yards but not particularly fast over 15 yards.

Personally I would prefer him to Varney as a new start may see him lift his game.

Looks like Varney is the one they've plumped for so Waghorn won't sign now unless the Varney deal.falls through.

Varney slightly better than Waghorn?

I'd prefer a bit more talent than some Shefki Kuqi type who really tries, and runs a lot, but is rubbish.

We have Rhodes, Gestede and Dunn who good attackers at this level so Varney as a fourth choice is not a bad move. Similar player to Paul Dickov from the limited number of times I've seen him play.

Guest Norbert

Dunn can be discounted as his legs keep falling off or whatever. I'd rather try to improve the team rather than 'getting bodies in'. We have got rid of a load of players that are in that catagory. Varney might be good however, I have not really followed his career.

Archived