BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most outgoings are loans with us picking up rhe lion share of the wage tab,and the majority will be back for next season. Masterplan? Hardly

A good number have gone permanently or will be at the end of their contracts when they return. So far it has been a very good window for the club.

Most outgoings are loans with us picking up rhe lion share of the wage tab,and the majority will be back for next season. Masterplan? Hardly

But, If they do well whilst out on loan it will be easier to permanently shift them in the summer(obviously)

Not sure if it's been noted on here but Raheem Hanley has signed for Swansea today.

The lad must have had a personality, bowyer does seem to struggle with players that have one of those.

But, If they do well whilst out on loan it will be easier to permanently shift them in the summer(obviously)

The lad must have had a personality, bowyer does seem to struggle with players that have one of those.

On a serious note you are on the right track. The manager and back room staff WILL NOT tolerate ego's or anyone who won't buy into the ethos within the group. Every management style has positives and negatives...I actually don't mind Bowyers as it means I don't have to watch overpaid, under worked players who think they are far better than they are playing for my beloved team.

Yes I accept that this approach means that you sometimes have to accept that the quality of player is lacking because so many modern professionals are up their own arses but it's fine by me.

There was another manager who was never afraid to move players on if they didn't conform regardless of their quality...Sir Alex Ferguson...how'd that work out for him?

Raheem Hanley has been awful for the past 18 months in the Reserve team. Totally the wrong attitude and has gone backwards. Maybe being released by the Rovers will be a wake up call for the lad. Wasn't sorry to see him go in the end.

Not necessarilly. We've loaned out plenty who have come back like bad pennies in the past and we've also loaned in plenty, the massive majority of whom we never signed

So to summarise, despite all the rumours, Best and Dann still here, Varney and Waghorn not signed?

Have to disagree that it's been a good window Parson, the outgoings have left the squad tremendously short in key areas imo. We're currently down to three centre halves and two strikers plus Best who GB has obviously no intention of using. And hardly enough quality to fill the bench.

Hardly the sign of a concerted last ditch push for promotion. More like finally throwing in the towel I'd say.

So to summarise, despite all the rumours, Best and Dann still here, Varney and Waghorn not signed?

Have to disagree that it's been a good window Parson, the outgoings have left the squad tremendously short in key areas imo. We're currently down to three centre halves and two strikers plus Best who GB has obviously no intention of using. And hardly enough quality to fill the bench.

Hardly the sign of a concerted last ditch push for promotion. More like finally throwing in the towel I'd say.

We have not lost anybody worth keeping. We already really only had 3 cb's, seem to remember Bowyer moved Lowe(?) to cb once when Songo was on the bench.

Campbell contributed the square root of sod all and Best is an absolute waster.

We need another striker but it looks like we are trying to land Varney.

Grella, Grabbi, Davies all eclipsed by Best and Etuhu in my eyes.

Perhaps what really makes them worse is the obvious corruption with the "contracts" for the boys mentality they had that summer. If you work it out - 30k+30k x 52 x 3 is 9 million pounds. Add the sign on fee's and the 2.5m for best and your talking the best part of 13m for two players who have provided absolutely nothing for the club. This nearly a quarter of all the parachute money also.

Not even taking murphys 35k a week 2 year deal (which half of it was paid off) into account

Murphy was moaning this morning on talkspot about the tax he has paid this year

Guest Norbert

Don't even go there had.e.nuff!

We've got a load out, mainly on loan sadly, now we really need a few in to give that extra push.

There was another manager who was never afraid to move players on if they didn't conform regardless of their quality...Sir Alex Ferguson...how'd that work out for him?

The 2014 "clutching desperately at greased straws" award goes to....... :D

Even worse than the Moyes apologists comparing Ferguson doing badly with a crap, drunk team that he inherited to Moyes doing crap with the reigning english champions.

If that true then the stoopid kean has no keaning shame

I thought that when Benny Carbone was on talksport the other day saying how he walked away from £3,0 m at Bradford because they were in trouble, could not see many of todays players doing it.

Benito Carbone

The 2014 "clutching desperately at greased straws" award goes to....... :D

Even worse than the Moyes apologists comparing Ferguson doing badly with a crap, drunk team that he inherited to Moyes doing crap with the reigning english champions.

Ha ha I wasn't for one second saying GB was fit to lace SAF's shoes just showing that a hard line approach to egos and attitudes can be successful.

I actually think that Bowyers tactical nous is pretty embarrassing at time. Maclaren wiped the floor with him tactically last weekend...but that's another thread...

Revidge...if Dann's mystery injury isn't a sign to you that he is being kept fit to be moved on then god help you!! IF Dann doesn't go then it will be because of pure luck...

So to summarise, despite all the rumours, Best and Dann still here, Varney and Waghorn not signed?

Totally agree Rev. Promotion hopes dashed by having to deal with years of reckless spending on rubbish .This window has been about slashing the wage bill but sadly we have only managed to get them out on loan-heaviliy subsidised at that. therefore nothing in the tin for decent new blood equals no chance of play offs.

Who said if they do well we stand a better cahnce of selling them in summer??? Conveniently overlooking current wages and that we will end up giving them money to leave.

The thing is a total farce.

Ha ha I wasn't for one second saying GB was fit to lace SAF's shoes just showing that a hard line approach to egos and attitudes can be successful.

I actually think that Bowyers tactical nous is pretty embarrassing at time. Maclaren wiped the floor with him tactically last weekend...but that's another thread...

Revidge...if Dann's mystery injury isn't a sign to you that he is being kept fit to be moved on then god help you!! IF Dann doesn't go then it will be because of pure luck...

I think Dann has chucked one in rather than been left out. If he doesnt go its because he cant agree to much lower wages than he is on at Rovers-even in the Prem. The mind bloody boggles!!

More like living within our means Rev. Times have changed and gone back to how they were 40+ years ago. As long as the owners continue to back the club - and that's a huge IF - then getting the finances under control and allowing Gary a free hand in building a young side is going to be no bad thing for the long term future of the club.

More like living within our means Rev. Times have changed and gone back to how they were 40+ years ago. As long as the owners continue to back the club - and that's a huge IF - then getting the finances under control and allowing Gary a free hand in building a young side is going to be no bad thing for the long term future of the club.

Only difference is that in 80s we had such a small squad that were draining resources like a lot of these money grabbing stars of today.

Archived