BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nothing really to do about the deal mate. the chat was more around Varney refusing to play in their last game, and having been left out by Brian McD. He asked to not play to avoid injury, so it seems like Varney could be on his way if a deal is reached. most of them seem to like Varney, and they reckon he was their man of the match in the game against Leicester

Icers, can you relay what the link says for those who's phone can't seem to access it? Is it looking like a done deal?

Varney refused to play in the last game because he wanted to avoid injury. Ergo, a move must be on the cards.

• Moderation Lead

I remember Luke Varney scored against Spurs last year in FA Cup but also remembered the better on of the strike pair, Ross McCormack!

There have been a few rumours linking McCormack with West Ham this window.

just some of the comments PV

by Fernandopartridge » Yesterday,

23:39

Disappointing to hear, he was our best

player last week and he would have

played more of a role tonight than

Diouf.

moustache » Yesterday, 23:25

Shame if he did as he would have been

more mobile than diouf and based on

his performance v leicestarrrn would

have offered a strike partner to Ross,

which against a limited Ipswich side

would have been enough to earn 3

points and build some momentum.

by Barlow Boy » Today, 07:31

My MOM, and the official MOM,

against Leicester. Had he wanted to,

he would have got a starting spot

without question tonight but if he has

the move beckoning that he wants I

don't really blame him for wanting to

avoid the risk of injury.

48 hours for the transfer masterplan, devised in Pune during Bowyers recent jolly, to be implemented.

Shelfy picks up the red phone "Operation Meh is go!!"

The main aim in this window was to reduce the wage bill and ship out some of the deadwood. I think most supporters believe that this has been done quite well. Indeed, some of the deadwood lower down the club has also been shed which is no bad thing. Clearly Gary's little jolly to Pune was very successful.

8 goals in 48? It's a pants signing.

Wiki reveals that Gestede scored 7 goals in 55 for Cardiff. In Jan alone he's scored 4 in 5. Has he been a pants signing too?

How about Shearer? He only scored 1 goal in every 6 games for Soton before KMD broke the bank for him.

Wiki reveals that Gestede scored 7 goals in 55 for Cardiff. In Jan alone he's scored 4 in 5. Has he been a pants signing too?

How about Shearer? He only scored 1 goal in every 6 games for Soton before KMD broke the bank for him.

Thanks for that...

It's a pants signing.

Thanks for that...

It's a pants signing.

Sorry was just going to delete cos I found the same point had been made to you a number of times. Pointless to do so now.

Personally I'd rather see the effort going in to finding a centre half. The mixed reports coming out from the club about Danns no show are quite frankly laughable.

If GB is to go for a striker that striker must be faster than Gestede and Rhodes in order to give him a full range of options to play with.

He wont get many faster than Gestede imo.

Sorry was just going to delete cos I found the same point had been made to you a number of times. Pointless to do so now.

You make it sound as if it's a sure thing? Signing any player has risks, players sign with good scoring records and can turn out to be awful. My personal opinion is that he's not of the standard of player we need to get out if this division.

• Backroom

You make it sound as if it's a sure thing? Signing any player has risks, players sign with good scoring records and can turn out to be awful. My personal opinion is that he's not of the standard of player we need to get out if this division.

And with all due respect, that opinion counts for very little. That's unless you've seen him play regularly in the last couple of years.

He could be a Gestede or a Campbell. Until he plays for us, it's pretty stupid to write him off.

The main aim in this window was to reduce the wage bill and ship out some of the deadwood. I think most supporters believe that this has been done quite well. Indeed, some of the deadwood lower down the club has also been shed which is no bad thing. Clearly Gary's little jolly to Pune was very successful.[/quote

Shedding the deadwood is hardly a master stoke pb.

For the jolly to be "very successful" surely we have to invest in players that improve us?

And "main aim to reduce wage bill" suggests we're not aiming to get out of this division.

Archived