BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not just referring to best. It seems Raheem was a big personality, therefore he's out. Seems by judges comments he tried to talk to the manager and asked what he needed to do as he was determined to get back into the team, he's out. Look at the team it's full of wimps and you know that none of them would question any manager.

And best is by no means a league 2 player, he's a good championship player. Saying he's league 2 standard is ludicrous.

I agree with you about saying Best isn't league two standard, he's not that good.

Think the hints are he is in the Nelsen, Roberts and Salgado bracket of won't pay due to monetary consequences

OMG. If that turned out to be true, that could be the final straw for me. Instead of hints,perhaps Glenn could give us a hypothetical story.

e.g.George Ego was signed by an unnamed English club for a large transfer fee . As his contract contained clauses that meant huge add -ons for every game he played,every header won and every completed pass the group, who owned the club told the manager that Ego should not be picked. Management did try to negotiate with George to drop these add-on clauses, but George and his agent would not agree. Consequently, George felt angry and victimised . Naturally, he acted out his anger on social media.

Even the more Freudian supporters stopped chanting" Super Ego" from behind the goal, while George was wrongly portrayed as the villain on fans' messageboards.....

I'm not just referring to best. It seems Raheem was a big personality, therefore he's out. Seems by judges comments he tried to talk to the manager and asked what he needed to do as he was determined to get back into the team, he's out. Look at the team it's full of wimps and you know that none of them would question any manager.

And best is by no means a league 2 player, he's a good championship player. Saying he's league 2 standard is ludicrous.

I agree with you about saying Best isn't league two standard, he's not that good.

Think dwight gayle would be brilliant

If he's the guy that banged in a hat trick against us for Peterborough not long ago I'd have him, no problem.

Why we now believing rumours re best. We have seen with our own eyes countless times he's a plantpot. He's on the PR charm offensive hoping to get a move and some are rolling over and having their bellies tickled and falling for it. He's a prat, wrongun, leech, cancer, overpaid ganster wanabee. Most importantly he's crap at football

• Backroom

A tweet must be right then, but funny nevertheless, no doubt Leon did the tweet.......was it spelled write?

Yeah, the fact that information like this is being circulated tells me all I need to know about our Leon.

The club surely wouldn't leak it, nor his agent you would think as it would put off potential clubs.

And he has boasted before about being the highest paid player at the club.

Can't wait to see the back of him. Hopefully to the lower leagues with his gangsta pal Ranger.

The thing about nelsen roberts and salgado they actually tried when they were out on the pitch

They certainly would have been massive assets in the relegation battle just like they were the season before. Why oh why would anyone freeze out their better and most influential players during a relegation battle when there is tens of millions on the line ?

They certainly would have been massive assets in the relegation battle just like they were the season before. Why oh why would anyone freeze out their better and most influential players during a relegation battle when there is tens of millions on the line ?

Yeah, that is like another secret of Fatima...Even now,I still wonder about it

Guest Norbert

Anyone with their own name tattooed on their own head is trouble in my book.

And a night on the town with him and Goodwillie is going to end badly.

Yeah, that is like another secret of Fatima...Even now,I still wonder about it

Yeah, you'd have to be a real idiot to get rid of the experienced manager, board and established premier league players and replace them with, a drink driving managerial novice, the programme editor, and on the whole, a load of crap players. You do wonder don't you?

Then you've got that "they didn't know about relegation" thing. The loss of millions of pounds as a consequence etc. then you've got all those ruddy appearance fees to pay to the players the new regime have brought in. No point bringing them in when they don't get a game is there? What with all those better players in front of them, best just pay them up and let them go, they'll only start asking questions, some of them appear to actually care about the club! Only an idiot would do that. Mind you, they only had to lease a few players here and there and we were in the Champions League I seem to recall. Maybe they forgot in the "confusion".

Then you've got to negotiate with the ruddy agents as well as pay transfer fees. Grrr. £1.6m in agents fees for a 400k player! Only an idiot, or someone who professes to know nothing about football, would fall for that surely? Then, towards the end, really ramp it up, hand out 4 year ridiculously expensive contracts and contract extensions to aging has beens and no hopers! You really have to wonder why don't you? Only an idiot would fall for that.

And they did. And it was all so easy. A word here, a word there, a few quid for you, a few quid for them, keep the pressure of eh? Come on the media, don't bite the hand that feeds you!

And then, when the penny eventually dropped, that they had been right royally stitched up, what did they do? They sent in an idiot to sort it all out.

If Palace actually are serious about wanting Dann, why don't they try something novel like meeting our valuation of him and also the player's expectations re: wages?

Still provided Nixon with a couple of stories I suppose.

And just read they're after Rhodes now, along with Saints and West Brom according to Sports Direct News.

Wonder where that came from ?

Is that the same DJ, who scores at every championship club he plays for, apart from the one team of whom had a manger who liked to play him constantly out of position?

Yeah, it's the same DJ who has failed to score in 16 games for Rovers and can go one further with him notching 12 goals in 45 games since August 2011. Hardly standout and I don't think its a single managers fault which has prevented him from becoming a fairly reputable striker in the last few years.

Maybe it could change whilst he's linked up with Holloway again!! Time will tell

All in all, if/when this Luke Varney deals pulls off, then I'd say we'd be able to gain a striker with a better goal ratio and a huge work rate, which will bode well with the teams ethic.

Will be very pleased if we could land Craig Conway. Another of the 'right type' of player we should be bringing into the club.

Can't believe some people are now starting to suggest that Bowyer or the club may be to blame for Best's behaviour.

The guy is a disgrace, pure and simple, in the same way that Bradley Orr is. Both were signed because they were buddies with Steve Kean, both were handed obscene contracts way above and beyond their ability. Both harbour resentment that their 'mate' was hated and forced out of the club and thus has weakened their own positions.

Best thinks for some reason he is a good player. Based on what I'm not sure, given he has scored less than 50 goals in a nine year professional career, the vast majority of which has been at lower league level.

Bowyer has done exactly the right thing with Best. He gave him a chance to earn a place at the start of the season, and has now decided that his attitude isn't acceptable for Bowyer's ethos. Rather than allowing the clown to disrupt the squad and other players he has been pushed aside. Best clearly isnt going to change his ways and would rather bum around at Brockhall every day than play football. We've Steve Kean to thank for his type at the club. I'm just thankful that we have a manager now who isn't going to tolerate such behaviour, no matter how much money people are on, and has the balls to stick to his decision.

I've watched Raheem Hanley a few times over the last 12 months in the reserves and to say he has gone backwards is an understatement. No loss whatsoever, just surprised he's found another club so soon.

Why we now believing rumours re best. We have seen with our own eyes countless times he's a plantpot. He's on the PR charm offensive hoping to get a move and some are rolling over and having their bellies tickled and falling for it. He's a prat, wrongun, leech, cancer, overpaid ganster wanabee. Most importantly he's crap at football

why dont people on here say what think instead of skirting round it. :lol: :lol:

I couldn't agree more. What about Best's own personal responsibility?

Bowyer is not a psychiatrist or a social worker. Anyway, even a psychiatrist / social worker would probably have decided Best had no motivation to change.

We mustn't always blame the manager for the poor performance, bad behaviour of a worker.

Where I do think Rovers probably fell down with Best is in their poor research and assessment before deciding to pay all that money for him. Another success for Shabby Singh's Flying Circus.

OMG! An awful thought...You don't think Shebby got confused and thought he was signing George Best!

Considering it's Shabby we're talking about he probably just went with his last name. "Hmm, a player named Best cannot be a bad player..."

Archived