BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

• Moderation Lead

ACCORDING to a tweet Best gets 60k if he plays and scores woahh imagine that for a contract

Leon Best ain't on twitter, so it's certainly not from the horse's mouth.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering it's Shabby we're talking about he probably just went with his last name. "Hmm, a player named Best cannot be a bad player..."

Good job we had other criteria for signing players before or we may never have bought Duff, Batty or Savage!

I have seen some rubbish - but this tops the lot. I bet there is a fair few of them that you wouldn't call them wimps to their faces.

Given the need to balance the wage bill - would you have kept Judge ? I actually liked him - but he was way back in the pecking order for a starting place.

Fair few I wouldn't call wimps to their face? You taking the @#/?? Name one scary player in that team, nil.

I'd like to see your example of a leader. Do you see players grabbing hold of the game when we need it the most and turning them draws/defeats into wins? Do you @#/?.

Yeah, it's the same DJ who has failed to score in 16 games for Rovers and can go one further with him notching 12 goals in 45 games since August 2011. Hardly standout and I don't think its a single managers fault which has prevented him from becoming a fairly reputable striker in the last few years.

Maybe it could change whilst he's linked up with Holloway again!! Time will tell

All in all, if/when this Luke Varney deals pulls off, then I'd say we'd be able to gain a striker with a better goal ratio and a huge work rate, which will bode well with the teams ethic.

Yes and a massive chunk of them games were as a SUB, and in the PREMIER LEAGUE. Hence me saying CHAMPIONSHIP.

So to sum up, on this board topic, since it's creation, we have:-

1. People who believe we have a team full of Sebastien Chabals

2. Leon Best is only capable of playing in the conference or below

3. Luke Varney is better than DJ Campbell

4. Matthew Killgalon is an adequate replacement for Scott Dann

5. The team may still be capable of a play off place.

Jesus wept. A bunch of non-cognitive posts.

hmm if Dann does go to palace today, the Bowyer sure as hell needs to bring in a replacement. Killgallon will partner Hanley, so unless Bowyer brings in somebody, we will have no central cover. Bowyer could recall Songo, or O Connell, but idealy an experienced replacement is better. I just hope we dont look silly, by shipping Dann out, and not have enough time to replace him.

hmm if Dann does go to palace today, the Bowyer sure as hell needs to bring in a replacement. Killgallon will partner Hanley, so unless Bowyer brings in somebody, we will have no central cover. Bowyer could recall Songo, or O Connell, but idealy an experienced replacement is better. I just hope we dont look silly, by shipping Dann out, and not have enough time to replace him.

O'Connell back is probably the first choice. Emergengy loan later the second. Sky reporting Conway being close but it's quiet on Varney. We really should push loan moves for young talent like Ibe and Lingaard.

So to sum up, on this board topic, since it's creation, we have:-

1. People who believe we have a team full of Sebastien Chabals

2. Leon Best is only capable of playing in the conference or below

3. Luke Varney is better than DJ Campbell

4. Matthew Killgalon is an adequate replacement for Scott Dann

5. The team may still be capable of a play off place.

Jesus wept. A bunch of non-cognitive posts.

Wow!! You have a very high opinion of yourself!

Take anything this clown says with a pinch of salt, but here it is for whats its worth

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko Protected Tweets 2m

Crystal Palace offer to Blackburn for Scott Dann is £1.3m down plus extras ... #ouch

Not that he takes any pleasure in saying that of course.

IF that's true then it makes things extremely simple. He doesn't go anywhere. Just not worth it.

It’s a consolidation transfer window if I’ve ever seen one, nobody coming in of real quality, just bodies to boost the squad. If Dann goes we’ll actually be weaker in my opinion but that’s still to be decided.

If I was the manager of the club I’d insist all business was done before deadline day, why managers, players and clubs see fit to leave things until the last day of the window is beyond me.

Yeah, you'd have to be a real idiot to get rid of the experienced manager, board and established premier league players and replace them with, a drink driving managerial novice, the programme editor, and on the whole, a load of crap players. You do wonder don't you?

Then you've got that "they didn't know about relegation" thing. The loss of millions of pounds as a consequence etc. then you've got all those ruddy appearance fees to pay to the players the new regime have brought in. No point bringing them in when they don't get a game is there? What with all those better players in front of them, best just pay them up and let them go, they'll only start asking questions, some of them appear to actually care about the club! Only an idiot would do that. Mind you, they only had to lease a few players here and there and we were in the Champions League I seem to recall. Maybe they forgot in the "confusion".

Then you've got to negotiate with the ruddy agents as well as pay transfer fees. Grrr. £1.6m in agents fees for a 400k player! Only an idiot, or someone who professes to know nothing about football, would fall for that surely? Then, towards the end, really ramp it up, hand out 4 year ridiculously expensive contracts and contract extensions to aging has beens and no hopers! You really have to wonder why don't you? Only an idiot would fall for that.

And they did. And it was all so easy. A word here, a word there, a few quid for you, a few quid for them, keep the pressure of eh? Come on the media, don't bite the hand that feeds you!

And then, when the penny eventually dropped, that they had been right royally stitched up, what did they do? They sent in an idiot to sort it all out.

Haha. As they say, you couldn't make it up..According to Wikipaedia(!)..." in theatre, a farce is a comedy that aims at entertaining the audience through situations that are highly exaggerated, extravagant, and thus improbable. Farces are often highly incomprehensible plot-wise (due to the large number of plot twists and random events that occur), but viewers are encouraged not to try to follow the plot in order to avoid becoming confused and overwhelmed." Well that at least explains my feelings...confused and overwhelmed...

I'm not just referring to best. It seems Raheem was a big personality, therefore he's out. Seems by judges comments he tried to talk to the manager and asked what he needed to do as he was determined to get back into the team, he's out. Look at the team it's full of wimps and you know that none of them would question any manager.

And best is by no means a league 2 player, he's a good championship player. Saying he's league 2 standard is ludicrous.

Well some commonsense here from all the Leon Best baiting, obviously the PR coming out of Ewood making Best out to be the eternal bad guy has worked on many of you on this message board, okay he overstepped the mark earlier on with his twitter rant but this last one well whats wrong with that, backing his team mates wishing a friend all the best (pardon the pun). Did David Dunne not do similar when backing Kean and telling us to get REAL.

if Bowyer has anything about him he should let us know the MAIN reason why he wont pick Best, hes better than the ones he is looking to get in today, If our darling manager who dosent learn from his mistakes, plays players out of position cant handle ego's no matter how big or small he will never make a manger, Oh for a Mick McCarthy with attitude.

I am not bothered whether Dann goes or not !

An average championship player who ducks out of challenges and is not good enough for the Prem , suspect he will be on their bench !

His relegation record must be worrying for Palace fans ...

It is obvious we won't be troubling the play off spots , Kilgallon is similar to Dann but more injury prone ...

It remains to be seen what our ambitions are for the future , mid table mediocrity must be high on the agenda ....

I am not bothered whether Dann goes or not !

An average championship player who ducks out of challenges

I couldn't agree more.

I know football has changed a lot over the last 20 years and there is now too little contact for my liking but I really want my centre halfs to relish a 50-50 and leave a bit on the forward

Having said that, I don't really understand why we are so desperate to get rid of him at the figures being quoted £1m - £2m ??

Didn't we pay about £6m for him?

Funny how Nixon says 1.3m- then a story in mirror pops up saying we accepted 3m.,,

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-transfer-news-joe-3096062

Weird eh? More like to be expected from Nicko who is the original transfer troll

Funny how Nixon says 1.3m- then a story in mirror pops up saying we accepted 3m.,,

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-transfer-news-joe-3096062

Weird eh? More like to be expected from Nicko who is the original transfer troll

Not sure what happened then, sorry lads.

Dear oh dear. It's even more galling when you consider Best is a multi-millionaire and will never have to work for the rest of his life when his playing days are over. I guess some poeple have no class.

Might do me'n you WB but life is littered with people like Best. No class, prob limited intelligence and a devil may care attitude to money caused by too much too soon / easy come, easy go mentality. Wags, gambling, drink, dodgy mates and suppliers will likely do for his personal fortune in quick time.

Not sure what happened then, sorry lads.

I think we may have accpted £3m but then Dann couldnt agree his wage reduction that would have followed by signing for Palace.Therefore , we are so desperate for anything that reduces our wages bill that we end up helping the deal happen by lowering our fee.That would seem to explain the dealy of 3 weeks since we first heard Palace wanted him.

Promotion campaign and whether you rate him or not, we sell our capytian for a meagre £1.3m. How despertely bad must things be in our finances? Venkys backing our manager in his promotion bid then???

Only 13 hours left to hang on to Rhodes or its slash your wrists time

Archived