BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

More like living within our means Rev. Times have changed and gone back to how they were 40+ years ago. As long as the owners continue to back the club - and that's a huge IF - then getting the finances under control and allowing Gary a free hand in building a young side is going to be no bad thing for the long term future of the club.

Thing is Parson, living within our means on our income means a playing staff that resembles Fleetwood. Our budget should be something like £7m (similar to Rangers!!) whereas its closer to £30 mill.

The owners can't back the Club even if they want to as things stand under FFP , so a free hand at building a good young side is likely to resemble a Boy Scouts Xl.

Even signings like marshall at £1mill will be out of our reach. I'm not sure people get how severe this is going to be.

I mean against all that, is playoffs/promotion altogether realistic? I do think though that this year was promotion or bust in the context of what will become of us and what we will have to live with once the large parachutes are gone and FFP rules kick in.Theres next to no chance of us going up then-we will be lucky to survive in the championship

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i remember when we signed JJ, in his 1st few games he wasnt doing that great if i recall. fans were saying what a crap player, then he just clicked into gear and well the rest is history. so lets not quickly dismiss players before we have seen them play, so Varney IF he signs could be shrewed business by Bowyer

Dont get me wrong hate everyone who has been involved in our downfall but that window we got jones,santa cruz. Rochina and formica...bad or good? Who gets the credit??

In all honesty-with benefit of hindsight-Formica, Santa Cruz..and Rochina (!!) all turned out to be very poor signings.Jermaine Jones, however, was instrumental in keeping us up...Remember the end of that season, when we thought Venky's would surely learn from their colossal, stupidly ignorant mistakes...but the start of the following season,"judge us at the end of August".. it was clear that things were going to get a whooole lot worse.....Sorry, I promised I wouldn't...

I think one of bowyers few failings as manager(so far) is that he hasnt been able to get anything outof Leon Best.

The managers failings? More like Leon Best's failings.

Managers frequently pay 100% attention to the ability of players and 0% to the character of them.

In all honesty-with benefit of hindsight-Formica, Santa Cruz..and Rochina (!!) all turned out to be very poor signings.Jermaine Jones, however, was instrumental in keeping us up...Remember the end of that season, when we thought Venky's would surely learn from their colossal, stupidly ignorant mistakes...but the start of the following season,"judge us at the end of August".. it was clear that things were going to get a whooole lot worse.....Sorry, I promised I wouldn't...

After us all being lied to and deceived for 6 months I rested my ST renewal decision on what they did that summer... needless to say I didn't renew and I've never had one since.

Managers frequently pay 100% attention to the ability of players and 0% to the character of them.

I couldn't agree more. What about Best's own personal responsibility?

Bowyer is not a psychiatrist or a social worker. Anyway, even a psychiatrist / social worker would probably have decided Best had no motivation to change.

We mustn't always blame the manager for the poor performance, bad behaviour of a worker.

Where I do think Rovers probably fell down with Best is in their poor research and assessment before deciding to pay all that money for him. Another success for Shabby Singh's Flying Circus.

OMG! An awful thought...You don't think Shebby got confused and thought he was signing George Best!

• Backroom

Unprofessional - definitely but that comment isn't even that bad IMO the first part of the comment was that he was delighted for his mate

Also followed up with this

gxr7fo8.png

Clearly not the brightest but does seem to want to play football

Surely the club should be able to either a) ban Leon Best from commenting on the club on social media or B) be able to fine him considerable sums of money every time he makes critical comments of the club or the manager

Something just doesn't seem right with me with the whole Best situation. Its like he's 'different' to any other player. Everyone else we wanted to get rid of we have managed to do, either by selling them, paying them up, or loaning them out, but Best just hangs around like a bad smell. Nobody at the club ever mentions him, he never gets near the squad. Its clear he has no future at the club and yet he's still here. Even if it meant doing similar to we did with DJ Campbell and heavily subsidise his wages for a loan move, it would be better for all concerned if that was done. I just can't understand it. It's like he doesn't actually exist at the club even though he does and is one of the top earners too.

Got to laugh at people complaining about us now having a squad 'too small' for a promotion challenge. The club is taking steps to avert a looming financial crisis by getting rid of the excess and trimming down and now that isn't good enough!

As long as we keep Dann I'll be more than happy with a loan or two to boost numbers going into the last 19 games. Not many Championship clubs are doing much business at the moment.

Crack on Leon you brainless cretin. The more you talk like that the more we can fine you. For the sake of the club I urge every fan on whatever medium it may be to goad that tw@t to ensure he gives the club good reason to fine him every week from now until his contract expires.

Its amazing that he has such a high opinion of himself. Christ, we can't even give him away. Talentless gobshite.

Unprofessional - definitely but that comment isn't even that bad IMO the first part of the comment was that he was delighted for his mate

Also followed up with this

gxr7fo8.png

Clearly not the brightest but does seem to want to play football

Serious question. Do people pay a subscription to read what he writes on whatever he writes it on? If anybody does pay to read that they must have money to burn. Best is a symptom of the modern footballer who believes he is above everything - I just wouldn't give him any platform to spout his inane, juvenile drivel.

Crack on Leon you brainless cretin. The more you talk like that the more we can fine you. For the sake of the club I urge every fan on whatever medium it may be to goad that tw@t to ensure he gives the club good reason to fine him every week from now until his contract expires.

Its amazing that he has such a high opinion of himself. Christ, we can't even give him away. Talentless gobshite.

Urban Dictionary definition:

gobshite. Loud-mouthed person who talks a lot, but nothing with any value.

A perfect description in this case.

To be honest, I agree with some of his comments. I mean it can't just be a coincidence that so many players are/have ridiculing/ridiculed the club.

All this balls about progress off the pitch is absolute pants, still a joke club, with a diabolical set up behind the scenes, it will never change under venkys.

Varney is a journeyman lower league player who has played mostly below Championship level AND he's the wrong side of 30. Looks like another Williamson. Can well understand why he's throwing his toys out of the pram to bag a last big contract . Been there before.

Archived