SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

I think Wolves would want a fair amount of money. Mind you they now have Leon Clarke, so someone may be lining up a bid.

Oh and Best is not a 'big personality' in the same way that say Kevin Pietersen is. KP has talent whereas Best is just a League 2 player with delusions and luck.

Varney is a journeyman lower league player who has played mostly below Championship level AND he's the wrong side of 30. Looks like another Williamson. Can well understand why he's throwing his toys out of the pram to bag a last big contract . Been there before.

I think a few of us may be thinking the worst if he is signed on a long deal on top wages, it won't be a Bowyer purchase.

I think Wolves would want a fair amount of money. Mind you they now have Leon Clarke, so someone may be lining up a bid.

Oh and Best is not a 'big personality' in the same way that say Kevin Pietersen is. KP has talent whereas Best is just a League 2 player with delusions and luck.

I'm not just referring to best. It seems Raheem was a big personality, therefore he's out. Seems by judges comments he tried to talk to the manager and asked what he needed to do as he was determined to get back into the team, he's out. Look at the team it's full of wimps and you know that none of them would question any manager.

And best is by no means a league 2 player, he's a good championship player. Saying he's league 2 standard is ludicrous.

I'm not just referring to best. It seems Raheem was a big personality, therefore he's out. Seems by judges comments he tried to talk to the manager and asked what he needed to do as he was determined to get back into the team, he's out. Look at the team it's full of wimps and you know that none of them would question any manager.

And best is by no means a league 2 player, he's a good championship player. Saying he's league 2 standard is ludicrous.

What has best done to prove he is a good championship striker?

Guest Norbert

I exaggerate about Best's ability but as far as I can see he has only had one good season in his career, when Newcastle got promoted. He has been rubbish everywhere else and is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

I can't really comment about Raheem Henley/Hanley as I have never seen him play so who knows about him. Nor have I heard about any idiotic Twitter messages etc. Judge has been severely criticised by many here who regularly go to games for being rubbish.

I think Best might be championship level. But hes a wrongun. Plain and simple. I saw it with my own eyes when he was a kid at Southampton. He hasnt changed a bit. In some circumstances when the ego belongs to a player with real talent its worth persisting. Best has nothing to brag about. He has no pedigree and even less class. This has nothing to do with Bowyer and everything to do with Blackburn Rovers. At this point in time we can ill afford anyone who has a negative effect on the side. I'd wager Best is exactly that.

Guest Norbert

People starting to mention a loan for Dwight Gayle as part of a deal for Dann now.

Apparently mentioned on Talksh_t and Radio 5.

Make of that what you will, but unless it is done and confimed I'll not believe any of these stories.

Look at the team it's full of wimps and you know that none of them would question any manager.

I have seen some rubbish - but this tops the lot. I bet there is a fair few of them that you wouldn't call them wimps to their faces.

Given the need to balance the wage bill - would you have kept Judge ? I actually liked him - but he was way back in the pecking order for a starting place.

Guest Norbert

ACCORDING to a tweet Best gets 60k if he plays and scores woahh imagine that for a contract

butch-cassidy-and-the-sundance-kid.jpg

"For a minute there I thought we were in trouble."

Archived