BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds United vs Blackburn Rovers New Years Day 15.00

K-Hod

What a game that was. 1988 I think, 5000 Rovers fans crammed in the terrace behind the goal. 2-0 down and getting battered and then we were all over them in the 2nd half. Also remember the Leeds keeper making a brilliant save from Sellars to keep it at 2-2.

We were well into the 23 game unbeaten run then, I was gutted when we fell away late in the season.

Was the last of the unbeaten run. Went to Stoke the week after and lost 2-1. Remember huge Rovers followings to there, Barnsley and Stoke.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was the last of the unbeaten run. Went to Stoke the week after and lost 2-1. Remember huge Rovers followings to there, Barnsley and Stoke.

Didn't realise it was the last game of the run. Went to Stoke as well, remember we had all the side of the Victoria Ground (probably 5000ish again) and it went off with the police after the final whistle.

Didn't realise it was the last game of the run. Went to Stoke as well, remember we had all the side of the Victoria Ground (probably 5000ish again) and it went off with the police after the final whistle.

Great times, despite all our success since then that season is still probably one of my fav's ever. Maybe because i was young and that kind of form was all new lol. We still didn't get any bloody credit though in the media as the scousers went on a 26 game unbeaten run and as we know there was only one team in England in the 80's in the eyes of the media and general public :( Remember the season after we lost 0-2 at Elland road on Boxing day, another huge following.

Odd line up. Seems to have no real shape about it. I really fear for us today with that line up.

If i didn't know better i'd say he's taking the p'ss with that line up. Hope it works but there'll be no clean sheet today.

Archived