BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds United vs Blackburn Rovers New Years Day 15.00

K-Hod

• Backroom

I have that weird feeling that we'll either lose 4-0 or win 4-0. Bowyer and the players need to take that 2nd half attitude into the game vs Leeds. Whether we will or not is up in the air tbh.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Rather unexpectedly for me I can see us putting up a fight for this one. It has been one of those seasons at times.

yep we will win then win another and think we can go on a little run and screw it all up again

• Moderation Lead

The Rovers twitter account posted this morning that we've sold 895 tickets, and that they go off sale at mid day today.

They'll be on sale at Elland Road tomorrow before the game. (Presumably cash only).

Settling down to a fairly average night on TV, good luck to those going tomorrow, transport and wet weather permitting.

What the New Year brings is anyone's guess, I hope we are here 12-months on contemplating a NY's day fixture at Ewood!

Happy New Year to all Rovers fans everywhere......Aussie fans first?!

This is a big game for us after two disappointing result, we can't really afford to lose this one. Lose and we're 7 points off 6th place. That's quite a lot of ground to make up and a lot of teams to try and leapfrog.

Have to say, can't see us winning it; may get a draw; most probably will lose. We are very poor away.

Reasons to be positive, McCormack may be out and both teams will probably be knackered after the busy Xmas period which means Leeds will hopefully have an off day. Also, anything can happen in this league Rovers could well win it which would make up for the Brum result.

I can see a win here. we tend to play better against the better league teams.

Going for 2-1 Rovers win with Gestede and Rhodes scoring.

my team would be:- Eastwood; Henley, Dann, Hanley,.Spurr, Judge, Williamson, Cairney, Marshall, Rhodes, Gestede.

subs:- Kean, Kilgallon, King, Marrow,.Taylor, Dunn, Rochina.

COYB!!!

A horrible place to go and bar one exception, seen Rovers defeated on each visit.

Wont be going tomorrow but feel home advantage/support will make a vital difference.

Sadly, feel it's Leeds to win with the wheels really coming off should we concede early.

A horrible place to go and bar one exception, seen Rovers defeated on each visit.

Wont be going tomorrow but feel home advantage/support will make a vital difference.

Sadly, feel it's Leeds to win with the wheels really coming off should we concede early.

Good to see you back just before the start of the transfer window Mercer typically upbeat match review from you there.

With Bolton and Wigan now presumably firmly out of the frame what line will you be peddling to wind people up this month? Rhodes to Forest or QPR maybe?

Apologies if I've stolen your thunder.

Plastic Head

You would drop Dann? Seriously?? Why?

I used to be a critic of Dann but he has really come on this season. Defensively, he is a now solid centre-half for this division. But not only that, he is also massively important to our attacking play. People will no doubt scoff at that but I would love to sit down with them and analyse a DVD of Dann's performance against Birmingham for example. Given that Bowyer insists on playing Lowe (and frequently Williamson alongside him), Dann has now had to shoulder a significant amount of the responsibility of getting the ball to Rhodes and whoever else is playing up with him. Whenever Lowe receives the ball, he always takes the easy option of passing it 5 yards back to one of our centre-halves. Most of the time, the ball ends up with Dann and he invariably threads a lovely pass through the midfield to Rhodes or whoever is playing up front with him.

Our second goal against Birmingham resulted from just one of several tremendous passes from Dann that Lowe could only dream of playing.

To be honest, with Cairney once again stuck out on the wing (frustratingly) and a central midfield pairing of Lowe and Williamson (mind-blowing in its mediocrity), Dann and Hanley took it upon themselves to drive us forward and start attacks against Birmingham. Hanley had several surging runs forward and Dann was repeatedly feeding Rhodes, Rochina and then Gestede - both of them clearly recognise the limitations of out central midfield and choose to by-pass it completely.

Dann was poor for a long time after he joined us but I think people now need to acknowledge that he is an important player for us, not just defensively but also offensively.

I seem to remember a diving header from Hendry for a 2-2 was it ? Late 80's

What a game that was. 1988 I think, 5000 Rovers fans crammed in the terrace behind the goal. 2-0 down and getting battered and then we were all over them in the 2nd half. Also remember the Leeds keeper making a brilliant save from Sellars to keep it at 2-2.

We were well into the 23 game unbeaten run then, I was gutted when we fell away late in the season.

Archived