BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds United vs Blackburn Rovers New Years Day 15.00

K-Hod

This year I will be a wise sage with the gift of foresight

I wonder why Bowyer is after paying for Gedeste? It's not like he's shown enough to waste a wage bill on???

may want to polish that crystal ball :)

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always liked Platini. He bleeds the colour of Rovers, like Sherwood.

Very much so. It was Platini who tipped Don McKay off about Zidane. McKay turned the deal down saying "why do I want Zidane when I've got Ronnie Hildersley?"

Gestede. Good lad. Always liked him.

Evening more astounding that we decided to go defensive against Wednesday. Fortune favours the brave. Up to 9th on the live table, let's keep going at them, I expect Leeds to score so it would be good for us to get one more yet.

may want to polish that crystal ball :)

Even Jason Roberts scored occassionally. When money is tight for both wages and fees surely it's better to find a mobile player who can score more than 1 goal every preston guild? Or at least extend his loan until the end of the season rather than get potentially stuck with another lump on the wage bill??

Beggars can still be chosers

Well done Rovers.....a good 1st half. Keep it up in the 2nd. I want to send some gloating text's to my Leeds mad Brother-in-Law who is at the game today ( I will wait until FT rather than text now).

dont wabt to speak too soon but seems like GB has totally outwitted the opposition manager and players with his tactics and formation

I guess GB got his tactics from reading this MB!

Well done Rovers.....a good 1st half. Keep it up in the 2nd. I want to send some gloating text's to my Leeds mad Brother-in-Law who is at the game today ( I will wait until FT rather than text now).

The footballing gods applaud you :)

• Backroom

This kind of result, should we hold on, makes the 2 homes games over Christmas even more frustrating :(

So much so, it also shows we have the attacking options to not have to rely on Lowe and Willybobs

Would love to get a couple more then give the young lad a run out

• Backroom

Having finally seen what Cairney can do in his proper position it'd be bloody tragic if we fail to land him permanently now.

Or if we revert to Lowe in the middle and Cairney wide!

So much so, it also shows we have the attacking options to not have to rely on Lowe and Willybobs

Would love to get a couple more then give the young lad a run out

Totally agree.

Seeing this through would dispel the myth that Lowe is an essential part of how we play.

Long way to go though and the next goal is crucial.

Without wanting to jinx the result, if the performance and result hold second half, hopefully this game will help nail the myth that Lowe actually does a good job in central midfield and provide Bowyer with the sort of Eureka moment realisation that could prove to be the turning point of the season.

Edit: LD beat me to it.

What a fandabidozi first-half. That line-up was mind-boggling at first but has clearly done the business, and hopefully taught Bowyer a few lessons into the bargain. I won't be sitting comfortable until we get a third.

Archived