BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs MAN CITY FA Cup **NO TICKETS AVAILABLE ON DAY**

As a traditionalist I hope we play our strongest team possible. Good for the fans and the players to put up a proper fight against top flight opposition.

I think they will likely rest Toure et al but their B team will be more than good enough, predicting a 3-1 defeat (Dzeko hat trick) in a closer than expected game with Navas running Spirr ragged.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will this be our "Arsenal moment" for this season? Can't really see it but stranger things have happened.

I think that "Arsenal moment" is the reason why this won't be an "Arsenal moment". City will be wary of the upset and will go for it. Got a feeling it'll be like a home game for City tomorrow.

I'll trade tomorrow's result for a Wembley one in May!

I'd say the police will have had intel, possibly from the club that large amount of City fans will be trying to buy tickets in home areas. I remember the game City were promoted at Ewood and it certainly wasn't nice so I'm not overly surprised.

You have the option to call the club or book online for the next couple of days and collect on the day of the game, I'd say most people could purchase by one of those methods.

Tickets for home fans usually need a database history when booked in person or over the phone. What if a City fan registers as a new customer on OneRovers today? Will they be able to bypass this?

Sadly those three words I dread are preventing me from making the trip from Glasgow for this one....no, not "We'll get thumped"....but "Bus replacement service"...to be honest the earlier kick off didn't really help either. I shall be watching it in a central Glasgow hostelry with my Rovers shirt on COYB!!!!!

After reading GB's pre match comments, I think he'll put out a fairly strong side. I'd imagine one of the centre halves will be rested and Dunn and Henley won't be risked. Apart from that, could be first choice.

I guess a few of the stay away fans may also come back for this one so it's a chance to try and convince them to return to the club but that won't happen if we get tonked 5-0.

Pantillimon, Clichy, Lescott, Milner, Navas, Boyata, Dzeko, Jovetic, Rodwell, Demichelis, Garcia...

Even if City rest most of the regular first team lads, they have top players to come in. Be interesting to see how Rhodes fares in this fixture, along with others with PL aspirations. Defensively City looked poor at weekend, but were clinical upfront. Looking forward to this fixture.

Errr.....

Not sure if you are going tomorrow dunc but have a look around you for any non-regulars sitting near you. :unsure:

Yes I am going. I think you need to be on the database to get a ticket so I wouldn't have thought there'll be many Man City fans in home areas. There'll always be the odd one or two that get tickets via friends etc.

Yes I am going. I think you need to be on the database to get a ticket so I wouldn't have thought there'll be many Man City fans in home areas. There'll always be the odd one or two that get tickets via friends etc.

Wouldn't sell to anyone other than those who have bought before. Succumbed and will be in the BE. I would like us to put up a fight. Draw worst case scenario. Citeh to scab it as ref puts them through with a dodgy pen!

Wouldn't sell to anyone other than those who have bought before. Succumbed and will be in the BE. I would like us to put up a fight. Draw worst case scenario. Citeh to scab it as ref puts them through with a dodgy pen!

As I said earlier is that still the case for new customers who log on and buy tickets via the OneRovers web site? Might have been a way round it for City fans.

my daughter got 3 tickets in the JW stand. she isnt on any database. 1 each for me and her and 1 for her bloke who is a city fan.

Cheers for comments

Btw ... I'm a dope

ITS 12.45 kick off

Tony

Still states 3pm on 5th Jan. Might be worth amending to remove any chance of confusion. I know by this late hour most will know the details but many have been away for the week. I didn't know about the 'no tickets on the day' info until I received an email from the club at 4pm today.

my daughter got 3 tickets in the JW stand. she isnt on any database. 1 each for me and her and 1 for her bloke who is a city fan.

There will be city fans in all 4 stands, and they will have secured tickets before the Saturday ban was enforced.

I bought mine at 5pm today and the Riverside is all but sold out, only the front 2 rows available. It won't be as full of City fans as the fateful day a few years ago but there will be trouble as many will turn up not knowing where they should be sitting and there are NO gaps for them to sneak into.........

Archived