BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs MAN CITY FA Cup **NO TICKETS AVAILABLE ON DAY**

I just checked the rules on that and he is actually cup tied, even if he isn't used for the match. The fact that he is named as a sub means he is now cup tied, so I guess that's one less thing to worry about.

I stand corrected, thanks for checking.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which club seriously wouldn't buy Rhodes because he was cup-tied for the FA Cup?

Why are we even discussing it?

Gestede is playing because against the best team in the country, having a player more suited to holding the ball up is the wiser choice.

It's why Kazim was playing up top against Arsenal, albeit alongside Rhodes.

#mcfc team: Pantilimon, Boyata, Nastasic, Clichy, Fernandinho, Javi Garcia, Silva, Negredo, Dzeko.

#mcfc subs: Kompany, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Yaya Toure, Jesus Navas, Lopes.

Bloody hell, thought I'd just woken up in Valencia or Seville.

I always thought Man City were an English team.

The knuckle dragging neanderthals that follow 'Citah' won't be able to pronounce any of those names.

Not bad discussion on BT Sport between David James and Mcmanaman.

Was just gonna say that. The whole coverage is quite impressive, certainly better than the vapid analysis by most other channels. Can certainly see why BT believe in it so much.

Was just gonna say that. The whole coverage is quite impressive, certainly better than the vapid analysis by most other channels. Can certainly see why BT believe in it so much.

It's brilliant how much focus they've given Rovers - not just as a team but exploring the surrounding areas as well.

As a fan whose never got to Ewood Park (yet), I'm watching wide eyed.

I do hope we can put in an honest performance today, and if the gods are on side, maybe dare to nick something.

Heart says 2-1 :brfc:

Mind dares not say :blush:

Good lad, Harry (I'm guessing that's your lad ES)

Shame the other mascot supports City. :rolleyes:

Massive queue outside the ticket office, btw. Glad I collected mine before Christmas. Eek!

Shame City have put a weakened side out...!

Not buying into this "if he played and Rovers won he would be worth less" theory, it's clearly a tactical decision by Bowyer to put a more physical body up front against a superior team. Personally I would have played him as he is our best player and only consistent goalscorer. Going all defensive, keeping it tight then hopefully sneak a goal late on isn't going to work against City.

Looking at the lineup, I think we need an outlet - someone with some pace to take the pressure off. Personally I would have included King to run at them, but hopefully thats something we can do during the game.

Would like to see Rochina get some minutes today too....

Archived