BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs MAN CITY FA Cup **NO TICKETS AVAILABLE ON DAY**

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, this is a great idea. Put Best, Campbell, Etuhu, Orr and other players Gary Bowyer doesn't fancy out against Man City. If they lose, what have we really lost and the first team is rested, morale intact. If they win, or play well at least, it may generate some interest in our dead weight. Fill in the gaps with some youth to give them a taste of the big time.

Something like this:

Eastwood

Orr* Songo'o Kilgallon Henley

Nunes* Etuhu* Lowe Mahoney

Best* Campbell*

* I'd tell these players that this is their one and only chance to convince the wider world that they should come in with a bid. Otherwise they're going to rot in the reserves.

It's the FA cup 3rd round .. Best team and go for win!!

Week until next game after this game. Nobody needs resting. Bigger concern is rust if main eleven dont play for 2 weeks before donny.

Go for it and maybe give the likes of robbo, killa, ruben some game time.

Give the 16yr old a run off the bench if the game allows for it

Play the kids, write it off and say so, rest the normal 11 as it's a long season and we'll need to be fresh for the final part if we make the play-offs.

Rest ? Ha .

Write it off pal ? No kean did that .

Unless we publicly write it off and the owd hag bint gets done for match fixing.

Rest ? Ha .

Unless we publicly write it off and the owd hag bint gets done for match fixing.

Excellent, well rounded and thoughtful.

As for the game - not fussed about the result. Don't think we will surprise City, they are a much tougher prospect than last years Arsenal team.

If our defence has a blinder and JR takes his chances (if he gets any).....

.... 3-1 defeat

:)

Rest ? Ha .

I see a great opportunity to recharge what will be tired legs, akin to a mini winter break. The focus is promotion being physically fresh may help that charge. City will run us ragged and the lads will cover much more ground than a league match.

I see a great opportunity to recharge what will be tired legs, akin to a mini winter break. The focus is promotion being physically fresh may help that charge. City will run us ragged and the lads will cover much more ground than a league match.

But its then 7 days until the next match. Thats more than enough time to recover??

I'm going to this one (against my better judgement - I just can't help myself) but don't hold out much hope for the result. Even with a full first eleven I can't see anything other than a convincing City win so I have to agree with Maj.

Maybe not change the full eleven from those who played at Elland Road, but certainly rest a few key members - Rhodes, Cairney, Dann, Hanley & Spurr would be my pick for an afternoon off.

I'd go with:

Eastwood

Kane, Songo'o, Killgallon, Henley

King, Lowe, Williamson, Marshall

DJ, Gestede

I know Henley's not a true LB but he has filled in there a couple of times and has to be better than Olsson. Marshall is just starting to find his form and Gestede his fitness so I would say both these would benefit more from added game time.

Incidently, I think Bowyer will probably go for his strongest eleven.

But its then 7 days until the next match. Thats more than enough time to recover??

Not really if being honest but it is dependent on the individual. I would just say don't look at it match to match, it's a series of matches and this requires longer recovery. It's well known that physical performance declines as the season progresses. 2 weeks, mid season with the right structure and protocols could boost us nicely for the final half of the season

With Bowyer travelling to see the idiots in India next week, i'd expect a fairly strong team so he isn't humiliated in front of Madame.

Some names i'd forgotten about on this thread, there still is so much deadwood in the squad (thanks Kean): Goodwillie, Forrester, Best, Etuhu, Marcus Ollson, Orr, Nunes. When are these players out of contract??

With Bowyer travelling to see the idiots in India next week, i'd expect a fairly strong team so he isn't humiliated in front of Madame.

Some names i'd forgotten about on this thread, there still is so much deadwood in the squad (thanks Kean): Goodwillie, Forrester, Best, Etuhu, Marcus Ollson, Orr, Nunes. When are these players out of contract??

Goodwillie 2015

Olsson this summer

Etuhu 2016

Orr this summer

Best 2016

Nunes 2015

What a mess

Exactly

Excellent, well rounded and thoughtful.

As for the game - not fussed about the result. Don't think we will surprise City, they are a much tougher prospect than last years Arsenal team.

If our defence has a blinder and JR takes his chances (if he gets any).....

.... 3-1 defeat

:)

Thanks...

What kind of fan are you if your not fussed about the result ? Pampered modern day fans .

• Moderation Lead

This game is the equivalent of a 'free hit' in cricket for me. We've nothing to lose, as nothing is expected of us, and as long as we give them a game and give a good account of ourselves I'll be happy enough.

Looking at City's squad and best XI next to ours, it doesn't take a genius to work out who's a far better bet.....

Obviously I'd love it (sorry to go all Keegan circa 1996) if we beat them, but I am a realist!!!

Play the kids, write it off and say so, rest the normal 11 as it's a long season and we'll need to be fresh for the final part if we make the play-offs.

Typical of a person who has not bought a ticket.

Don't understand why we would rest anyone. They don't have a game till the following Saturday and are supposed to be athletes who are paid to play football. Also, the Championship is hardly the most high octane and intense league so why would these players need a rest?

Hope they both have a great day ES.

Will this be our "Arsenal moment" for this season? Can't really see it but stranger things have happened.

Watched City against Swansea the other day and for such a good team they defend really really poorly imo although obviously they are lethal going forward.

And in midfield YA Ya Toure obviously won't be able to compete with Jason Lowe.

Can see us scoring but they'll probably score one or two more.

1-2 or 2-3. Would love to be proved wrong and cause a famous upset.

Nice one! :tu:

Quite lucky really ... inquired about the youngest being mascot back in October when he turned six ... but all the matches where taken for this season ... so put him on a waiting list for next season. Then this 'extra' match turned up out of the blue and we got the call ... just in time to include it as one of his christmas presents!

Archived