BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs MAN CITY FA Cup **NO TICKETS AVAILABLE ON DAY**

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say the police will have had intel, possibly from the club that large amount of City fans will be trying to buy tickets in home areas. I remember the game City were promoted at Ewood and it certainly wasn't nice so I'm not overly surprised.

You have the option to call the club or book online for the next couple of days and collect on the day of the game, I'd say most people could purchase by one of those methods.

So the draw was made 3 weeks ago and the police have only just realised there might be City fans trying to get in the home areas. Most of us could have told them that an hour after the draw was made. Numpties.

Best chance for us is if City play a few disgruntled millionaires who haven't played much and don't fancy it much. When you have 50 internationals or so whoever they put out should wallop us if their attitude is right........ Hope GB sees this as a chance to build momentum and plays as strong a side as we have and tells them to go out there and get stuck in.

Odd match this one. Everything about the context of this match screams rest the majority of the first team and lose so we can concentrate on the league without destroying the confidence if the first team.

However, as I'm going to this one I would love to see us give them a game. Maybe a Rovers' reserve side 1-0 defeat would be the best to hope for.

Not very romantic, and normally I'd be a bit more heart-over-head, but there it is.

Problem for us is that to have any glimmer of hope in a fixture like this, you need your keeper to have an absolute blinder. I don't think we have a keeper fit who can do that right now, so it's a massive, massive ask to get anything.

Here's hoping we give a good account of ourselves and don't get pummelled.

Losing games effects confidence whoever is playing, especially if it leaves a bitter taste like it does when you cheat your support by not giving it your all. Good chance for folk like Cairney and Rhodes to do well against a good team.

Just looking at Man. City's squad and I spotted Richard Wright is their third-choice keeper. I remember when he was touted as David Seaman's heir apparent and playing for England until he faded into obscurity. He's spent the peak of his goalie career warming benches, content to pick up a wage for nothing. By the looks of it, he's never gonna get a game for City, even with Joe Hart in the squad. :P

• Backroom

Just looking at Man. City's squad and I spotted Richard Wright is their third-choice keeper. I remember when he was touted as David Seaman's heir apparent and playing for England until he faded into obscurity. He's spent the peak of his goalie career warming benches, content to pick up a wage for nothing. By the looks of it, he's never gonna get a game for City, even with Joe Hart in the squad. :P

Biggest mistake he made was moving to Arsenal, ruined him. He was very good at Ipswich when he started out. Saying that, he's basically earning money to do nothing now. Alright for some.

I think they'll beat us but nothing spectacular. 2-0 perhaps.

I think bowyer might play the best we have available for this including rhodes as bowyer will want his team to do well, and resting top players for this one may annoy them as they will want to be part of it.

I would like us to rest Rhodes, Cairney etc. Great opportunity for mahoney and the fringe players to get some minutes on the pitch. Can't see it though.

Rhodes scores against City and we could have a problem...

Best and Campbell shop window time please.

Actually, this is a great idea. Put Best, Campbell, Etuhu, Orr and other players Gary Bowyer doesn't fancy out against Man City. If they lose, what have we really lost and the first team is rested, morale intact. If they win, or play well at least, it may generate some interest in our dead weight. Fill in the gaps with some youth to give them a taste of the big time.

Something like this:

Eastwood

Orr* Songo'o Kilgallon Henley

Nunes* Etuhu* Lowe Mahoney

Best* Campbell*

* I'd tell these players that this is their one and only chance to convince the wider world that they should come in with a bid. Otherwise they're going to rot in the reserves.

Actually, this is a great idea. Put Best, Campbell, Etuhu, Orr and other players Gary Bowyer doesn't fancy out against Man City. If they lose, what have we really lost and the first team is rested, morale intact. If they win, or play well at least, it may generate some interest in our dead weight. Fill in the gaps with some youth to give them a taste of the big time.

Something like this:

Eastwood

Best* Campbell*

* I'd tell these players that this is their one and only chance to convince the wider world that they should come in with a bid. Otherwise they're going to rot in the reserves.

That's a bit harsh on DJ, he put in a good shift on Wednesday. As for Orr he should be no way near the first team squad, he's a disruptive influence.

• Backroom

Would love Mahoney to get on the pitch

A loss wouldn't hurt him too badly being an attacking player and it could just be a huge springboard for him, I wouldn't start him but certainly have him on the bench.

Are either of Goodwillie and Forrester back now?

To quote david haye's very unfortunate but applicable quote this will be as one sided as a gang rape. The only hope is as the home team we will bring more fans than the away team. But not sure even that will happen.

I dread to think what the likes toure would do to our midfield and if kompany plays anyone we play up front won't even touch the ball.

Its not so long ago pre venkys we'd give anybody a game at home but these days as its live on tv anything but a total humiliation will do fine. Fingers crossed.

Something like this:

Eastwood

Best* Campbell*

I'd be fairly ok with that - providing Orr is omitted.

He's not really shop window material. More like at the back of the stock room covered in dust.

I dread to think what the likes toure would do to our midfield and if kompany plays anyone we play up front won't even touch the ball.

Its not so long ago pre venkys we'd give anybody a game at home but these days as its live on tv anything but a total humiliation will do fine. Fingers crossed.

That's a good point! I bet a few prem clubs will be keeping an eye on Rhodes during this one. See how he deals with PL centre halves. He's not going to see much of the ball and he certainly won't get many chances so it will be interesting to see his hold up play and ability to cut it with the big boys.

However, if he does play well, it might just convince a few clubs to grasp the nettle.

Something like this:

Eastwood

Best* Campbell*

Better to just forfeit the game and save everyone the bother. Glad you weren't our manager in the 6 years we have won this damn thing. We should have some pride at least.

Archived