BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Blackpool: 1st Feb......3pm.......must win?

Didn't attend the Barnsley game, seen the goals, viewed with interest the debate following......we are in a marmite moment with Gazza......the "he's still in his first flush still learning, keep going, top 10 finish ok" camp, the "we gave him a chance, did ok, but not learning from his mistakes, but could still finish top 6" camp, or the "he ain't the one, better get someone else/should have got someone else/still should get someone else, forget play offs" camp. I'm just about still in camp one, like to be in camp two, not camp three. BUT I will be very annoyed if we don't beat a team in more turmoil than us, off the back of 2 for, 12 against in last 2 away games.....must win for me, just to cheer us up?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't given up on us making the playoffs - but then I am refusing to look at the league table which might be helping.

Looking forward to this one. Hope the new signing starts in the centre - a tall central midfielder who can drive forward with the ball is something new.

One thing I would like is for King to stop trying to shoot. His pace gets him into good positions - if he just passed to Rhodes we would have a few more goals.

I hope we attack from start to finish. Nothing to lose.

I just don't want to be hearing from Bowyer (pre/-game) about how hard he's going to make it it's going to be and (post game) how unlucky we were not to get a decision.

18 games left, 39 + 18 draws = 57.

Surely we have to pick some games to target a win and set up a team to try to win all 3 points? Barnsley was on my list, wonder if Blackpool is on Bowyer's?

I haven't given up on us making the playoffs - but then I am refusing to look at the league table which might be helping.

Looking forward to this one. Hope the new signing starts in the centre - a tall central midfielder who can drive forward with the ball is something new.

One thing I would like is for King to stop trying to shoot. His pace gets him into good positions - if he just passed to Rhodes we would have a few more goals.

I hope we attack from start to finish. Nothing to lose.

Agreed. I wouldnt mind if he ever scored or even hit the target :(

I mentioned in another thread I think bowyer should be drumming it into him all week in training byline cross, blyline cross. We have 2 strikers who would thrive off that kind of delivery

One point needed to match the class of 2012/13 at the 29 game mark (who were on their 5th manager).

I think we'll get three.

The stretch between Ipswich at home (Game 30) and Derby at home (Game 40)

P9 W0 D3 L6 F7 A18 Pts 3

Managers 2 Appleton and Bowyer

Draws - Leeds (h), Burnley (h), Blackpool (h)

Defeats - Hull (a), Leicester (a), Peterborough (h), Bolton (a), Cardiff (a), Sheffield Wednesday (a)

We need to avoid a similar run this season!

When the January transfer window shut last year we were 15th with 37 points

P28 W9 D10 L9 F38 A37 Pts 37

This season

P28 W10 D9 L9 F35 A35 Pts 39

Seriously? Must win?

Behave.

What the club must do is restore its dignity and this has been a great season for that.

The best we could hope for pre-season is top 10 finish with an outside shot at the playoffs if the dice rolled our way.

We might win against Blackpool, in fact we are probably favourites but we are neither Great or Terrible, we are moving in the right direction that is all.

It would be nice to spend the last 20 minutes in a relaxed state instead of biting my fingernails and hoping we can hang on to our one goal lead.

It's been a while.

I think i know you, if you are who i think you are you know Dave and Phil from the punch Bowl pothouse Darwen

This certainly isn't a must win game we have a mid table squad and we will finish mid table and right on course for that. We will win some expect to lose, and lose some we expect to win and even if did get into the playoffs, as unlikely as that may be, we certainly aren't good enough to win a 2 leg semi then final. Anyone who thinks otherwise is letting heart rule their head but why not dream after torrid time of kean era.

I for one am just happy to have stopped the rot and got rid of some real deadwood. So for me the bonleh game is only must win left (or more accurately not lose game).

This is the kind of game against a struggling team very low on confidence that we should be able to capitalize on a one goal lead (if we get it) or at the very least see the game out ok (barring any silly subs). It probably won't happen.

Rovers 1 ( Rhodes pen) Blackpool 1

14,154 (1500ish Lashers)

A team who are on an horrendous run, desperately in need of a win.................................we know the rest

It also might be a team full of lads who are very happy to see the back of the self-proclaimed Guv'nor and are looking to enjoy their football again

My title was simply a reaction to the last two games, and a discussion point......every game is a must win, because if you do throughout the season you win the league! It would be good to win, as we have a tricky Feb, and it would be good to put a run together. Naturally we need to put the Dingles to the sword, irrespective of which bits of the ground are netted off. How many donkey lashers expected so far?

Championship Trivia Quiz

All data from whoscored.com

1. Which 6 Rovers players are averaging over 7/10 for the season so far?

2. Each team is rated for the following characteristics:

Aerial duels

Attacking set pieces

Avoiding individual errors

Creating chances through individual skill

Creating scoring chances

Defending against long shots

Defending against through ball attacks

Defending set pieces

Finishing scoring chances

Protecting the lead

The ratings are: Very Strong, Strong, Weak or Very Weak. The Rovers gained one VS, four S, four W and one VW. Can you match these ratings to the above characteristics?

3. Which two Rovers have 4 assists each?

4. Who is the tallest (and heaviest) Rover?

5. Who has had the most yellow cards?

6. Eleven Rovers have won Man of the Match ratings this season. Cairney has won four; who is the only other player to have won more than one?

7. Who is the only Rover to have started every one of the 28 games so far?

8. We are not very good at winning aerial duels apparently. Who won 12 against Barnsley?

9. Which Blackpool player is unlikely to face us as he waits for a loan move to the Premiership?

10. How many games since Blackpool won?

Answers: 1. TC 7.41, SD 7.15, GH 7.04, RG 7.02, JR 7.02, TS 7.01, 2. In order - W, S, W, VS, S, VW, W, S, W, S, 3. DD, SD 4. PR 5. JL (6) 6. TS (2) 7. TS 8. RG 9. Ince 10. eleven

Must win? Yes if you believe that we can still make 6th spot, like me!!!

If not, it doesn't really matter about the results too much, a point here and there will do as we head towards 50 and safety and everyone can get on with supporting Man City and Arsenal :brfcsmilie:

Archived