BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Blackpool: 1st Feb......3pm.......must win?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will go fir 3-1 Rovers win. With Rhodes scoring 2 and Cairney scoring aswell.

My team would be

Robinson

Henley Hanley© Kilgallon Spurr

Taylor Lowe Cairney King

Gestede Rhodes

subs:-Eastwood, Kane, Morris, Dabo, Dunn, Conway, Mohoney

I defo cannot see Best being anywhere near the first team. I would shock if he was on the bench. Dont see him being here shortly. Probably paid off.

If Williamson is out for the game, I'm not sure what Bowyer will do.

If he is clear to play Conway may start. If he does then Bowyer could go with Cairney in the middle,but he just might put Taylor in the middle and leave Cairney out wide. He could even surprise us and go with Dabo.

One thing is for certain is that if Williamson isn't available then Bowyer can't play two defensive cm's

With regards Dabo is it true he had a trial with us before we got him?

I'm not feeling good about this game. We'll be in the usual slow starting, easy osy, - pressing game, what's that ? mode. In full lets let the opposition settle mode. They'll be in the new manager to impress, playing for their lives in this league mode. Another of the sequence of dull, passionless exhibitions where an inferior team out battles and out enthuses us to get a 1-1draw.

I'm not feeling good about this game. We'll be in the usual slow starting, easy osy, - pressing game, what's that ? mode. In full lets let the opposition settle mode. They'll be in the new manager to impress, playing for their lives in this league mode. Another of the sequence of dull, passionless exhibitions where an inferior team out battles and out enthuses us to get a 1-1draw.

With JLowe driving the team forward whats your problem.

We must be the only fans in the country to hope we don't score early!

Here's hoping for some good football with plenty of chances and a 1-0 lead for Rovers but only after the 80 minute mark.

(Here's dreaming of another Bolton or Barnsley home match).

#BFC TEAM: Gilks, McMahon, Broadfoot, MacKenzie, Cathcart, Osbourne, Perkins, Basham, Haroun, Halliday, Davies

Have to say, that looks an incredibly weak team. You have to fear for the future of Blackpool, they have no ambition whatsoever and bring in very poor players each year. Can seriously see them being relegated in the next couple of years.

#BFC TEAM: Gilks, McMahon, Broadfoot, MacKenzie, Cathcart, Osbourne, Perkins, Basham, Haroun, Halliday, Davies

Have to say, that looks an incredibly weak team. You have to fear for the future of Blackpool, they have no ambition whatsoever and bring in very poor players each year. Can seriously see them being relegated in the next couple of years.

That's because after Holloway built a good side on a tight budget and they had their time in the Prem the owners then pocketed about 15 mill between them after relegation. Oystons are another set of football club owner crackpots.

@OneRovers: ROVERS: Robinson, Kane, Hanley ©, Kilgallon, Spurr, Taylor, Lowe, Cairney, Dunn, Rhodes, Gestede.

Dabo and Conway on the bench...

I see Hanley has copyrighted his name. Bit optimistic that someone would want to misappropriate his brand, though.

Can't really argue with the team, given what we know about Gary predilection to nepotism.

Is Henley injured?

Achilles according to onerovers and Williamson is out with concussion (apparently the doctor heard him talking about him and Lowe and the defensive midfield axis shooting Rovers into the Premier league, and the doc kept him in under observation )

Not been playing well imo, but by no means badly either. Perhaps just seeing how Kane gets on.

Is that a 433 btw? Or 442 w/ Dunn on the wing?

Yea he certainly had a mare against Forest. But remembering Kane's performances before November hardly fill me with confidence.

I'd like to see it as a 433 (maybe 4312) with Dunn playing behind Rhodes and Gestede.

Archived