BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Blackpool: 1st Feb......3pm.......must win?

Good win and the 2nd goal came at a good time as we were starting to camp out on the edge of our own area again.

Blackpool are a very bad side though and apart from the odd set piece and the swerving shot in the 1st half offered little. They'll do well to stay up.

Formation worked well and suited Kane who I thought was very good today, Spurr, as a more defensive full back, struggled going forward IMO.

Far better performance from J-Lo, he did his bit today and covered the ground as he always does.

Good to win but there are far tougher tasks ahead.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good win and the 2nd goal came at a good time as we were starting to camp out on the edge of our own area again.

Blackpool are a very bad side though and apart from the odd set piece and the swerving shot in the 1st half offered little. They'll do well to stay up.

Formation worked well and suited Kane who I thought was very good today, Spurr, as a more defensive full back, struggled going forward IMO.

Far better performance from J-Lo, he did his bit today and covered the ground as he always does.

Good to win but there are far tougher tasks ahead.

Just back from the game and this pretty much mirrors my thoughts.

Good goal from dunny, but he deffo loses man points for wearing gloves. Shame on you dunny lol

Also a small thing, but bringing olsson on at the end annoyed me. Would have been perfect to give the young lad 5 mins or even give dabo an intro to the home fans

Rhodes tends to go a few games without a goal then bursts into goals again

He was pretty poor again today. Should have scored off the header early in the 2nd half to

Taylor was poor, against a poor team. Blackpool really are relegation material - agree there will be tougher games to come. We really should have closed out the match sooner. Better balance today, still can't get my head round this persistence of playing players on their wrong side, so that Tom C has to keep corkscrewing round to get on his left peg. Modern football eh?

Thank ****! for the 2nd goal............finally. I thought it was gonna be another Doncaster Derby affair as we moved into the last 10 mins. :unsure:

Routine win really. Blackpool were even worse than the weather..........no wonder they were celebrating their half time penalty shoot out victory. Can only remember Robbo making one save in the first half........mind you I can't remember their keeper having to make any as our chances - although some pretty good ones - were all off target as memory serves. Should have put the game to bed earlier - but was nice to see some 'attacking subs' - even though King is pure kean.

Dunn is class, just a pity he's so unfit, top goal - the kind of quality that we often miss. 2nd goal - that's the way to do it, if in doubt always head it down :tu: So yeah, we did it - best win for a while - can't even remember our last clear goals victory - probably when the sun was still out :blush: .

Onwards and upwards!

Good win today.

Dunn played in behind Gestede and Rhodes with Cairney, Lowe and Taylor at the start.

Kane deserved the man of the match award. Defensively very good and great outlet going forward.

Dunn goal was great skill and good shot.

Lowe was very good today.

Bowyer sat in the director box all game like Allardyce used too and McClaren does.

Good win today.

Dunn played in behind Gestede and Rhodes with Cairney, Lowe and Taylor at the start.

Kane deserved the man of the match award. Defensively very good and great outlet going forward.

Dunn goal was great skill and good shot.

Lowe was very good today.

Bowyer sat in the director box all game like Allardyce used too and McClaren does.

Bowyer sat in the stand because he is being reported for some post match comments made to the referee after the Barnsley game. He won't get a touchline ban but he will be fined.

Not a bad performance overall. Thought Kane looked much better, being dropped for a while has done him good. Hanley and Killy were solid and Spurr was average. Lowe had a very good game as did Dunny. Cairney was invisible for long periods. Taylor had a strange one, thought he did ok for the first 20, but he went off after that. Front 2 were average with Rudy shading it for me. King and Conway made a difference with the latter having a very good debut. Robbo pulled off a great save in the first half and had little else to do.

Overall a good win with some real positives.

The 4-3-1-2 formation suited us quite well. We were narrow at times but this allowed Kane and Spurr to get forward a lot until the substitutions forces us into a conventional 4-4-2. I would have liked the second goal half an hour earlier but a comfortable 2-0 win should give us confidence for some tough fixtures coming up. Hopefully Evans will be on the bench next week and once he is match fit he will give us something extra.

What an absolute sh!te game of football.

Thank goodness for the 3 points, but the level of decent entertaining football must be approaching 2/10.

If we carry on like this we will be lucky to average 10,000 next season.

I too thought that, after all the stick Lowe takes, he was very good today. Seemed to have found a bit more energy and urgency and to be involved in a lot of stuff, even passing forward sometimes

Agreed, Lowe was my MOTM today.

• Backroom

I too thought that, after all the stick Lowe takes, he was very good today. Seemed to have found a bit more energy and urgency and to be involved in a lot of stuff, even passing forward sometimes

Whoa...!!

As an aside sounds like we didn't miss Dann much. Hopefully Kilgallon can stay fit.

Kane MOM? He was abysmal in 1st half and only managed to look vaguely good in second half due to his being able to run into oceans of space because Blackpool are hopeless. Kane is defensively naïve, a penalty in the making and cannot cross. He is young and eager and needs encouragement (hence MOM?) Lowe, the hod carrier was excellent and prevented a cert goal 2nd half by excellent tracking back. Don’t get delusional –can’t remember their keeper making a save and Blackpool really are poor. Conway looked promising. Cairney needs too many touches but can look classy but also horribly one footed. Anyway, made heavy weather against a poor team but 3 points is 3 points. Someone told me ketchup was thrown all over the stairs in JW – a disappointed tangerine?

• Backroom

Whoa...!!

As an aside sounds like we didn't miss Dann much. Hopefully Kilgallon can stay fit.

In fairness I could have played centre half against them they were that bad

Archived