BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] READING V ROVERS Sat 22nd Feb 2014

TBTF

I think Judge could play for a championship side with bottom half to mid table aspirations. But for a club like us aiming for top six he is only ever going to be a back up and a bit part player (although he would be a decent back up and add depth) and he obviously doesn't want to be that.

I doubt that as Bowyer already knew Marrow and Judge from their previous spells here. Chris Taylor is a good player and as I said earlier In the thread he is exactly the sort of player that Bowyer likes. Eastwood may well have been an Appleton signing though.

Would you have signed them in a Promotion or bust season????? All very odd then and not alot clearer now about what these nutjobs in Pune are up to

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Would you have signed them in a Promotion or bust season????? All very odd then and not alot clearer now about what these nutjobs in Pune are up to

Well if it helped us get in 'good eggs' like Spurr, Marshall, Cairney, Evans, Conway and Gestede then yes.

Imagine if we had Evans fit all season, that'd be us in the playoff places imo. Nevermind Robbo's influence since his return.

Suggests to me that we have a promotion-contending side on our hands, but lost Evans (and now Marshall) to long-term injury.

Well if it helped us get in 'good eggs' like Spurr, Marshall, Cairney, Evans, Conway and Gestede then yes.

Imagine if we had Evans fit all season, that'd be us in the playoff places imo. Nevermind Robbo's influence since his return.

Suggests to me that we have a promotion-contending side on our hands, but lost Evans (and now Marshall) to long-term injury.

And of we had messi we would be top

And of we had messi we would be top

Not quite sure how the presence of Marrow , Judge Taylor & Eastwood would be a magnet for the others but hey ho , whatever. I would have been inclined to find ''good eggs'' who could play a bit rather than make it an either /or situation!!

Bit flippant that and nothing against Mike E- we are all entlitle to our opinions .Thats what the Mb is for.

If we did have Messi ,Abbs do you think he would still go with 2 DM's , or play him out wide ?????

• Backroom

I think it helped create a friendly, hard-working atmosphere that Best, Orr, Murphy, Goodwillie etc don't.

Small detail perhaps but I do think those initial signings helped. Esp as most of those had worked with someone on the coaching staff before, so would speak highly of the manager and coaches.

I think it helped create a friendly, hard-working atmosphere that Best, Orr, Murphy, Goodwillie etc don't.

Small detail perhaps but I do think those initial signings helped. Esp as most of those had worked with someone on the coaching staff before, so would speak highly of the manager and coaches.

Interesting idea of steps to change a culture. Ship out as many powerfully negative voices as possible and bring in a number of trusted, highly motivated performers, supportive of management. I am not sure if this was GB's plan, only because I don't know anything about the strength of personalities that he brought in. For the new entries to have the required impact, wouldn't they have to have some experience, clout etc and to be capable of holding down a first team place?

What a godawful mess he inherited! And it is clear that something has changed.

More likely the manager thought they were good enough and they weren't Mike. Usually the simple answer is the best.

• Backroom

More likely the manager thought they were good enough and they weren't Mike. Usually the simple answer is the best.

Perhaps. But there's certainly an element of what I've said, as Bowyer has admitted as much over last summer. Quite often he mentioned doing character assessments on top of just scouting football ability and getting 'the right kind of people' in.

That's Abbeys specialty. What BRFCS(HIT) would be like without his wit, well rounded arguments and positive intelligent mindset.

God bless you Abs

As opposed to your brainwashing cluck ability

Abbey has been on here since Adam was a lad. Leave him alone. The site would be poorer for his absence.

Quite scary how long it is since I saw the link in 442 . Around 98? Not sure to be honest .

What a rational and well thought-out post ;)

It was as balanced as yours . IF Evans hadn't been injured is the same as IF we had Messi .. None are true.

• Backroom

Yes but one of them is our player and one of them wouldn't touch us with a bargepole :P

You honestly think a solid midfielder like Evans in place of Williamson/Lowe wouldn't have converted a couple of draws into wins or losses into draws?

Even if it changed 2 draws into wins, we'd be in the playoff spots now.

Ofc it's speculation, but it's logical :)

As opposed to your brainwashing cluck ability

Quite scary how long it is since I saw the link in 442 . Around 98? Not sure to be honest .

It was as balanced as yours . IF Evans hadn't been injured is the same as IF we had Messi .. None are true.

Well done on another one of your 16 year old refined famous replies;

"I DONT AGREE SO YOU MUST BE A WUM"

Archived