BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] READING V ROVERS Sat 22nd Feb 2014

TBTF

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know the names. You know who signed them. You know none of it was done for the betterment of our club. And you also know it was all "steve keans" doing.

Balls bigger than King Kong that lad. All his doing. All Venkys idea? Ha - never! It wasn't even well done. You put a front up, a man to take the blame? Just don't antagonise the fans eh? It could have gone on so much longer - until it got really embarrassing in that Hong Kong bar. Millions of pounds down the swanny. What a tit.

It will take time. There is no quick fix, there never was going to be. From the moment Williams left (the crash) to the moment Myles signed (the head through the windscreen). That was it.

Bob for what that clown did to us signing the utter @#/? subjecting coco, JA & Myles to the electric chair would really make my day mind you to see coco fail in Brunei and for the sultan to feed him to the sharks would give me great pleasure which inevitably will be btw anyone know how Brunei got on yesterday?.

As for Kilgallon, yea he played pretty well but he blatantly pushed the ball away from the reading player with his hand. It was a stonewall penalty and we're just lucky the ref and linesman didn't see it!

London I reckon we deserved that bit of luck it might have been blatent and we got lucky no doubt but given in the game vs Barnsley Henley was cleaned out in their box and was Rhodes was pushed in the back vs Barnsley and they were 2 clear cut penalties we would have crushed Barnsley 4-2 by that logic the fact they did not receive this penalty evens it out in my mind and we deserved this bit of luck. As they say it evens itself out. Also given Reading created so little in open play and Robbo only had to make a couple of saves in 90 mins and considering we created more in open play we more than deserved the 3 points.

A Very good disciplined performance yesterday from everyone, in what was a must win game. I thought that 9 minutes added time was actually about right but I don't know where the added 2 came from in stoppage time. But we can't really complain about that as the ref did turn down a blatant pen and then probably a red card for handball against Killgallon.

Robinson 7- He didn't really have a save to make but as a fan you just feel so much more secure with him in goal and so do the defence as he commands his area.

Henley 8 - Never been completely sure about him defensively but he did very well against McAnuff and Obita.

Hanley 8- Good in the air and didn't give Le Fondre or Pogrebnyak any chances.

Killgallon 8- Same as Hanley and he was in the right place at the right time to clear one of the line after a defensive mix up in stoppage time.

Spurr 8- Very solid at the back a put one great cross in across the six yard box during the second half but no one was on the end of it.

Cairney 6- Struggled to get into the game.

Lowe 8- The best game that I have ever seen him play, he played some good pass, made some good tackles/blocks and he picked up a lot of second balls.

Williamson 7- Struggled in the first half. But he was very good he the second half playing some good passes and winning his challenges.

Conway 8- Very dangerous with his pace on the counter, defended well. And he has been given the goal, although I though at the time and still do having seen it on TV that it was an OG.

Gestede 7- Won lost of headers and flick on's and he made a nuisance of himself throughout.

Rhodes 7- His work rate was the best I have ever seen from him, made the goal and had a good effort saved from a Gestede flick on.

Taylor 7- A typical Chris Taylor performance he ran about and worked hard chasing and winning the ball.

Varney 7- Didn't get a chance in an attacking role made some defensives clearances and won some headers during the late Reading onslaught.

I was impressed with Conway, he seems full of running and really hard working, not the quickest but seems technically good and kept possession well, also has a decent cross.

So in summary the total opposite to josh king

I was under the impression he was a quick player.

I was under the impression he was a quick player.

he didn't seem it to me, or if he is then their right back and the one in midfield with a soppy haircut were much quicker than him, he tried beating his FB early in the game and got nowhere, for the rest of the game he would come short and try 1 2's to get round them.

he didn't seem it to me, or if he is then their right back and the one in midfield with a soppy haircut were much quicker than him, he tried beating his FB early in the game and got nowhere, for the rest of the game he would come short and try 1 2's to get round them.

sounds a similar player to Marshall

Bob for what that clown did to us signing the utter kean subjecting coco, JA & Myles to the electric chair would really make my day mind you to see coco fail in Brunei and for the sultan to feed him to the sharks would give me great pleasure which inevitably will be btw anyone know how Brunei got on yesterday?.

As for Kilgallon, yea he played pretty well but he blatantly pushed the ball away from the reading player with his hand. It was a stonewall penalty and we're just lucky the ref and linesman didn't see it!

London I reckon we deserved that bit of luck it might have been blatent and we got lucky no doubt but given in the game vs Barnsley Henley was cleaned out in their box and was Rhodes was pushed in the back vs Barnsley and they were 2 clear cut penalties we would have crushed Barnsley 4-2 by that logic the fact they did not receive this penalty evens it out in my mind and we deserved this bit of luck. As they say it evens itself out. Also given Reading created so little in open play and Robbo only had to make a couple of saves in 90 mins and considering we created more in open play we more than deserved the 3 points.

sorry to report but the wrong un started with a 1-0 win in Brunei

sorry to report but the wrong un started with a 1-0 win in Brunei

Closer to home and probably of a higher standard, Cheadle Town Reserves beat West Didsbury & Chorlton Reserves 2 - 0 yesterday in the North West Counties Reserve Division Trophy Group B. Good effort lads.

Closer to home and probably of a higher standard, Cheadle Town Reserves beat West Didsbury & Chorlton Reserves 2 - 0 yesterday in the North West Counties Reserve Division Trophy Group B. Good effort lads.

I thought everyone eventually reached or fell to there own level but come on the North West Counties reserve division albeit a superior standard to Brunei; The wrong un still has some way to fall!

I was impressed with Conway, he seems full of running and really hard working, not the quickest but seems technically good and kept possession well, also has a decent cross.

So in summary the total opposite to josh king

sounds like Judge(and they're both similar in physical stature aswell)

I certainly hope we make use of Judge next season. Perhaps as the 'Dunn' option.

surely not Mike. ?? Do you really think he is good enough to have us at the top of the championship???

Its quite intersting that Judge, Taylor , Marrow & Eastwood, the first 4 through the cheap and cheerful door last summer are nowhere to be seen in general terms, none of them in my opinion good enough. Wonder if GB would sign them if he had his time again?

surely not Mike. ?? Do you really think he is good enough to have us at the top of the championship???

Its quite intersting that Judge, Taylor , Marrow & Eastwood, the first 4 through the cheap and cheerful door last summer are nowhere to be seen in general terms, none of them in my opinion good enough. Wonder if GB would sign them if he had his time again?

I'd be inclined to agree TBTF, perhaps with the exception of Taylor, they are definitely not good enough.

Eastwood was signed to be third choice but with Kean being so bad he is now number two. Judge I think could be a good squad player but I don't see him as a regular starter which is what he wants to be. Chris Taylor I am a big fan of I think he's a good player hard and he epitomises what Bowyer wants in his squad a good player who works hard, has a good attitude and seems to be a good all round honest professional. As for Marrow I genuinely think that he is Conference standard at best.

• Backroom

I believe those players were signed more to introduce a 'good lad' attitude around the place.

I think Taylor and Judge are at worst very worthy bench players. Judge has everything Dunn has apart from PL exp and the need for cotton wool. I've liked what I've seen of both, but with Willowe being inconsistent, Judge wouldn't be good enough defensively.

Playing ahead of Evans and A.N.Other, Judge would be a good player imo. There's also the 'luxury' argument, but he's cheaper than Rochina ever was.

I believe those players were signed more to introduce a 'good lad' attitude around the place.

I think Taylor and Judge are at worst very worthy bench players. Judge has everything Dunn has apart from PL exp and the need for cotton wool. I've liked what I've seen of both, but with Willowe being inconsistent, Judge wouldn't be good enough defensively.

Judge could be a decent championship player and good squad player but to suggest he has everything Dunn has is a large exaggeration. I've seen nothing to suggest that Judge could run and dictate a game like Dunny has numerous times this season.

Arrived back in the UK to find we had won this game and was really chuffed. When I left the hotel in Tenerife we had just scored !

Great result, 27 points required for a play off spot.

COYB

bloody hell that was a long flight? Tenerife isnt normally a 2 day flight.

Archived