BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] READING V ROVERS Sat 22nd Feb 2014

TBTF

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just maybe GB after studying the players performance during games and each day in training as a better idea of what he wants and can get out of his players than the majority of armchairers on this forum..Great result on a must win day... No one gave us a hope of being in this position with 15 games to go... This time last season we were dropping like a stone.

• Backroom

I'd put money on that you wouldn't have said that before the season started DE.

The reason you feel like that is that Dyche has done such a fantastic job and the team is far far better than, on paper, it should be.

Indeed, at the beginning of the season I would have said Rovers and Burnley would be around the same position.

Quite a few players at Burnley are having once-in-a-career type seasons, and sadly Dyche is doing a great job. I thought it was luck at first but I have to hold my hands up and concede Burnley are just a very good team at the moment. Numerous stars have aligned for them and as a team they are simply better than us in every department right now.

We're 4 points off the playoffs with a game in hand. For a squad with limited talent and a club with a rookie manager that's pretty good, I'd say.

Burnley are a far superior team to us in every respect so it won't be a surprise if they beat us, unfortunately.

When you factor in a rookie manager coupled with limited talent then you'd agree that those four points are far bigger than just a win and a draw away

Just maybe GB after studying the players performance during games and each day in training as a better idea of what he wants and can get out of his players than the majority of armchairers on this forum..Great result on a must win day... No one gave us a hope of being in this position with 15 games to go... This time last season we were dropping like a stone.

What goes on in training does not earn points. We see on a Saturday what works in matches and what doesn't. Today the negativity worked for once.

• Backroom

When you factor in a rookie manager coupled with limited talent then you'd agree that those four points are far bigger than just a win and a draw away

Perhaps so, but as it stands we're doing better than should have been expected and I'm happy to put my full support behind Bowyer as a result.

• Backroom

Killgallon deserves a lot of credit, on his first start I think he conceded a penalty and now he's come in for the captain and we have kept 3 clean sheets in a row

Hope he can keep fit

Yes, he got it right for a change away from home.

Tremendous away result against one of the current play off teams. Respect to the away fans who made the journey and whose tickers had to endure 11 mins of injury time.

When i think of where we are now compared to just a year ago, it is a dramatic improvement. A young English manager who is learning the trade quickly and getting young and potentially valuable players in . The wholesale shipping out the expensive non performers is under way. There is a better media perception of our club and no Shabby to be seen. It is early days but the signs are promising. There is certainly more cause for optimism than despair.

Thank you Gary, thank you young team and thank you fans who still turn up home or away to support the team. You deserve days like this.

Good news - great win

Bad news - the FA will not let us back in the premiership no matter what we do. Is there anyone out there who will seriously argue that 11 MINUTES of stoppage time is not a direct order to play until Reading score? Absolute disgrace. We need to get UEFA involved in this, how many decades of petty FA keanery will we indure ?

Ref had a very good game according to Simon Garner on Radio Lancs. Just before the board went up the commentator did say he was expecting 7/8 mins and SG estimated it would be 5.

What goes on in training does not earn points. We see on a Saturday what works in matches and what doesn't. Today the negativity worked for once.

Correct. With the tactics and selections employed they aim for that kind of performance every game and today it worked, mostly it hasn't if we are honest

Gorging myself on humble pie! Well done Rovers.

Me too LV and i am loving it.

I a quite prepared to put my hand up and say well don e to GB and the lads for winning a must win game.I know i will get battered for saying it but we do have to prove we cn string a few together because we will still need to.

If the lads are lsitening don't keep raising our hopes and then throwing in a shocker.

How good would it be to go in the Dingle game having won at Horwich as well???

Then i really would start to stock up on humble pie

Killgallon deserves a lot of credit, on his first start I think he conceded a penalty and now he's come in for the captain and we have kept 3 clean sheets in a row

Hope he can keep fit

Imo Killa is every bit as good as Dann, probably turn out to be better in the long run. Very astute signing that was.

very good win away at Reading today.

Well Done to Bowyer and the Rovers players today. good team performance.

Bowyer team selection and tactics were right! and still some fans are so negative with their comments. really don't get it.

3 clean sheets in a row for the first time since 2010. seemed to be better defensively with Scott Dann.

11 clean sheets for the season aswell know.

credit to Bowyer and the players for having us just 4 points from playoffs at this stage of the season, most fans would have taking this after last season disappointed season and so many poor players signed by Shebby and Kean. most of those have gone now,

Imo Killa is every bit as good as Dann, probably turn out to be better in the long run. Very astute signing that was.

It's a strange one though cos it displaces Handley to the right side of the pairing and breaks up the Handley / Spurr partnership. Could possibly be though that he went to the left side to accomodate Dann and is now in his preferred position.

• Backroom

Correct. With the tactics and selections employed they aim for that kind of performance every game and today it worked, mostly it hasn't if we are honest

We're 4 points off the playoffs with a game in hand so how have you come to that conclusion?

• Backroom

Credit where credits due, I had us losing this one, just goes to show the inconsistency in this league

I really hope we don't make the play offs, we'll not go up and I hate the play offs.

it wouldn't be so bad would it? If we go in with no real expectation of winning then nobody is going to be disappointed if we go crashing out.

Saying that, if we did somehow not only get into the playoffs but get through to the final and face Burnley...

:unsure:

Credit where credits due, I had us losing this one, just goes to show the inconsistency in this league

I really hope we don't make the play offs, we'll not go up and I hate the play offs.

The only talk should be of a top two finish.

There should be a table showing each clubs wage bill so that everyone could compare just who is offering the best value on the pitch and who isnt.

Wonder what Leicester and Burnleys collective wage bill is compared to Blackburn's

Good 3 points today Rovers....well done.

Despite the Bowyer lovers on here I am not convinced one bit. Watching Rovers these days is like watching daytime TV, boring, @#/? and full of repeats. However he is the best of a poor bunch, probably cheap with minimal financial liability if potted by the loons from Poona.

Poor league, poor to middling players and fair to middling manager.

We would get crucified if promoted.

Role on the Clampets.

Yes, he got it right for a change away from home.

I know the negative look of the team as been a disappointment this season... But I'm just really pleased that we got that had to win result after that nerve wracking edge of the sofa expect the inevitable equaliser second half...maybe we'll all get that desired team selection by chance and it'll put us on that unstoppable run till the end of the season..

I do fear Wigan as the 6th place taker

Archived