BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] READING V ROVERS Sat 22nd Feb 2014

TBTF

Judge could be a decent championship player and good squad player but to suggest he has everything Dunn has is a large exaggeration. I've seen nothing to suggest that Judge could run and dictate a game like Dunny has numerous times this season.

Its all about opinions lads and we all ahve our own. I just can't get used to having to think players of their quality are what we have to look forward to TBH but thats my problem rather than yours by the looks of it.

Judge another Dunny i'm afraid i have to take exception to.Not in our lifetime!

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe those players were signed more to introduce a 'good lad' attitude around the place.

I think Taylor and Judge are at worst very worthy bench players. Judge has everything Dunn has apart from PL exp and the need for cotton wool. I've liked what I've seen of both, but with Willowe being inconsistent, Judge wouldn't be good enough defensively.

Playing ahead of Evans and A.N.Other, Judge would be a good player imo. There's also the 'luxury' argument, but he's cheaper than Rochina ever was.

I know it's all about opinions Mike and I respect yours but disagree and think its a silly comparison to make.

IMO Judge and Dunn are poles apart in terms of ability even now.

Edit: sorry TBTF you beat me to it.

• Backroom

Ok I'll redress it (yes, I'm exaggerating a bit there):

Dunn and Judge play in the same way. Judge is a poor man's Dunn, BUT imo could prove as useful with the right CM behind him.

That's more my opinion. In a straight choice between Dunn and Judge it's the former every time.

surely not Mike. ?? Do you really think he is good enough to have us at the top of the championship???

Its quite intersting that Judge, Taylor , Marrow & Eastwood, the first 4 through the cheap and cheerful door last summer are nowhere to be seen in general terms, none of them in my opinion good enough. Wonder if GB would sign them if he had his time again?

I think taylor and judge are both at their best playing in a free central role behind a striker, but that's not a role that's present in our current formation now we're playing more of a standard 442(with 2 out and out centre forwards)

I did find those signings a little odd though, they went through so quickly it was as though they where pre-arranged(possibly by a previous manager hahappletoncoughcough)

If Judge was as good as some of the above posts are suggesting he would not be back in League One. For now that is about his level and at 25 I doubt he's going to improve much beyond that.

Personally I think Judge is good enough for the Championship - but possibly not a team with aspirations of the top 6. In his position - either just behind the forward or on the wing - I think we have a number of players who are better.

Still think there is mileage in the signings of Marrow and Judge being at least partially motivated by the need/desire to get some honest lads in the dressing room - if that is the case then they really are/were bargains!

Eastwood is ok - no more no less. Is he good enough for the prem - not a hope. Is he good enough backup for a skint midtable Championship club - absolutely. Expect a new reserve keeper should we somehow get promoted or are looking likely contenders in january (if robbo is still here and fit for the start of next season).

Taylor - decent enough allround but not great in any particular role.

If Judge was as good as some of the above posts are suggesting he would not be back in League One. For now that is about his level and at 25 I doubt he's going to improve much beyond that.

I think Judge could play for a championship side with bottom half to mid table aspirations. But for a club like us aiming for top six he is only ever going to be a back up and a bit part player (although he would be a decent back up and add depth) and he obviously doesn't want to be that.

I did find those signings a little odd though, they went through so quickly it was as though they where pre-arranged(possibly by a previous manager hahappletoncoughcough)

I doubt that as Bowyer already knew Marrow and Judge from their previous spells here. Chris Taylor is a good player and as I said earlier In the thread he is exactly the sort of player that Bowyer likes. Eastwood may well have been an Appleton signing though.

Sorry I know this is off topic can someone please confirm the comedian & also appeared on various adverts Johnny Vegas & his son are they both rovers fans?.

The reason I ask is I think he sits on the same row at Ewood further along down I recognised the face but couldn't get the name but watching Have I got news for you earlier I recognised the face and wondered can someone please confirm he is a rovers fan if so it is good to have many celebratory rovers fans.

I thought he was a Wiganer tbh. Doubt he'd be at Ewood. Seen Lee Mack once or twice though. Just as sound as he seems on TV.

That really would hurt Johnny Vegas. He's from St Helens and I'm pretty sure he's an avid Saints fan. Lee Mack on the other hand is definitely a Rovers fan.

Praise for GB from a Reading fan..

http://t.co/2nAdMSfnjv

Very accurate too. Might lift the scales from the eyes of rather more than one or two on here.

Just as a comment it makes me somewhat humble that an opposing supporter knows so much about our club. I'd struggle to name more than 3 of theirs and apart from Probnyek and other than watching them give QPR a tanning last week I've no idea how they have all been playing.

Sorry I know this is off topic can someone please confirm the comedian & also appeared on various adverts Johnny Vegas & his son are they both rovers fans?.

The reason I ask is I think he sits on the same row at Ewood further along down I recognised the face but couldn't get the name but watching Have I got news for you earlier I recognised the face and wondered can someone please confirm he is a rovers fan if so it is good to have many celebratory rovers fans.

Sorry. I think it might have seen me that you saw. I am fat, common and try too hard to be funny!

quote name="Leonard Venkhater" post="1490400" timestamp="1393323674"]

Sorry. I think it might have seen me that you saw. I am fat, common and try too hard to be funny!

Crikey..... Did you nearly take the cloth too Leonard? :unsure:

btw BRFCrule1.... was it because he was sitting next to Cartoon Head that gave it away?

btw BRFCrule1.... was it because he was sitting next to Cartoon Head that gave it away?

Haha. No. Vegas did go to junior seminary, though...as did..and you may be surprised.... Jim Branagan, full back extraordinaire

For those proclaiming that Jason Lowe had a good game can you explain whats Lowe doing in that short video clip of the game when standing THREE yards off Drenthe twisting and turning without a clue what hes doing allowing Drenthe a goal scoring opportunity.

Sorry Leonard it's just you looked very similar to him your not by any chance related it's just the resemblance is so uncanny.

No Gordon it's just because I had seem him many times at Ewood and he looked very similar to someone I saw on television then when I saw Have I Got News For You an old edition and found out his name I recognised the face and wondered.

Archived