BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] READING V ROVERS Sat 22nd Feb 2014

TBTF

Nothing up yet so lets just overlook the history etc etc.

Lose this and we basically have only one game to look forward to this season.

Team to get 3 points:

Robinson

Kane, Hanley, Killgallon, Spurr

Conway Evans Cairney,Varney

Gestede, Dunn

Bench: Eastwood,Rhodes, Lowe, King, Henley, Taylor,Dabo

Good luck lads. All that hype that all the players keep banging on about Play Off Push -lets hope the actions are as loud as the words.

This is a die for the shirt blitz kreig job .Gary , have you got it???

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll set out and go about it the same way as usual away games no matter what the line up/formation etc. We need to go about this one like the Qpr away match, closing down from the front, pressing them all over the park and countering whenever possible but it'll probably be a repeat of Forest away, the first 45 at Boro was nearly that. Go on Gary and team suprise us :)

Jason Roberts to call time on career

I'm not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere but seems like a relevant places to put it.

Never forgave him for closing down an honest Rovers fan who called 606. He just took the money and didn't just shut up. He undermined those speaking the truth.. I don't care one jot that he has retired or what he has got to say after that.

The opposite of Rhodes - Great hold-up play, couldn't shoot for.......trying

Great hold up play? The ball used to bounce off him. He couldn't stop or control a ball for trying either.

He used to trade off his willingness run his socks off. The only problem with that is he'd do it for 10-20 minutes and be knackered for the rest of the game.

A massive few weeks coming up, so a win would be massive.

Unfortunately, we'll probably start slow, get overrun in midfield and surrender the game before we've even got going.

But!! I'd love to be proved wrong.

Great hold up play? The ball used to bounce off him. He couldn't stop or control a ball for trying either.He used to trade off his willingness run his socks off. The only problem with that is he'd do it for 10-20 minutes and be knackered for the rest of the game.

Fair point. I never rated him.

Looking forward to reading - local one for me.

Anyone know where to park?

Having watched Reading a couple of times they look good going forward if we try to sit back its curtains for us and our diminishing playoff hopes. A loss and I think its over as I am sure most everyone else does.

Gorkss red v QPR rescinded he can play now

How did they manage that? Oh they're playing Blackburn let him play.

Gorkss red v QPR rescinded he can play now

Another arbitary decision from our wonderful FA. How can Gorks's challenge be considered not to endanger an opponents safety yet Andy Carroll's challenge on the Swansea player could?

Must win game but I fear Bowyer doesn't know how to approach games like this... See Forest. I might not even listen to this one just to keep the blood pressure down when I discover that Cairney is being wasted, and the 2 footballing wonders are in centre mid.

Time to have a crack Gaz. (Well it was time about 2 months ago but better late than never)

2-0 Reading

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/11020573.Blackburn_Rovers__must_not_lose__against_Reading__says_Matt_Kilgallon/

It's only Wednesday and already talk of a draw.

We have nothing to lose now, and surely have to go for it?

Stu,Stu,Stu, was it ever going to be anything else? We ain't going to make the play offs after latest round of games...we all need to get real!

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/11020573.Blackburn_Rovers__must_not_lose__against_Reading__says_Matt_Kilgallon/It's only Wednesday and already talk of a draw.We have nothing to lose now, and surely have to go for it?

I suppose a centre-back will be thinking about stopping the other team winning. If it was Rhodes or Gestede that would be worrying.

Having watched Reading a couple of times they look good going forward if we try to sit back its curtains for us and our diminishing playoff hopes. A loss and I think its over as I am sure most everyone else does.

How did they manage that? Oh they're playing Blackburn let him play.

Thought at the time it seemed a bit harsh

We have an outside chance of the playoffs and I think, with that in mind, a draw would be a good result. 'There or thereabouts' is a good target and staying in the mix (Jesus, how many clichés?!) would be a job well done by Bowyer.

1-1 dubious penalty shout on Rhodes that could have won it for us late on, but naturally, isn't given.

Archived