BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] READING V ROVERS Sat 22nd Feb 2014

TBTF

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, I think it will be more of the same.

If we were ever gonna go for it, we'd have already gone for it!

I can't see past either a fortunate, lame draw or a defeat.

Too many at the club happy where we are now. They'll give it a go against Burmley, then the deck chairs will be out. What's not to like about that if you're a player. More of the same, it's fine.

Too many at the club happy where we are now. They'll give it a go against Burmley, then the deck chairs will be out. What's not to like about that if you're a player. More of the same, it's fine.

Sadly Tyrone I agree with your viewpoint.

It ain't sport anymore IMO for a whole host of reasons but one wouldn't be sour grapes.

Curl up and die or stand and fight, this game will have goals. We will either get hammered or it will be edged either way, single points mean nothing now.

We actually have no excuses for this one, we are pretty much full strength and aren't "tired". We go in to it in relatively good form, loses wise. So time for the forwards and midfield to push on and allow the defence a bit of a breather for once and give the opposition something to think about.

A Reading win puts them 10 points clear...................that is more or less game over for us this season.

Bowyer will have to dispense with his natural cautious approach. As the guy above says to play both Lowe and Williamson in CM this game is to effectively throw the towel in.

Well, I'm still more than happy with Bowyer, some have obviously forgotten the last few years.

I agree with some posters that we need to 'have a go' but our squad is still in the re-build stage and options are limited.

Would really like to see a King / Rudy forward line at some point, I'm sure they could cause some havoc!

So.......

Robbo

Kane Hanley Killy Henley

King Cairney lowe Conway

Dunn

Gestede

After 50 mins or so, Dunny off, Taylor on RM and King to partner Gestede up front.....come on!

Bit worried about this game. For me as its away Easily one of the toughest remaining fixtures.

Under normal circumstances a draw would be a good result. Unfortunately we need to make up points on them. We probably can't afford to lose points to teams around us as I feel there's a good number of teams fighting for that last play off spot.

I have said in lots of other posts its the loss of Evans that's really hurt us. This game and probably the next one or two have come to soon for him. His return to fitness and form are massively important but it might be too late.

Of course no Marshall doesn't help. I'd have liked to see a Marshall Lowe cairney dunn and Conway midfield gestede upfront.

Will be interesting to see the team.

I do wonder whether Dabo has been loaned with the intention of seeing if he is enough of an all round midfielder like Evans. With the intent of making him permanent in the summer so we have a back up to Evans.

I do think Bowyer believes he is building for next year. Let's hope that that's what Venkys believe. Not sure they even know themselves......

Anyone know how many we're taking. Nice short trip for me today. Lovely weather for a game today. Hoping we can put in a good performance. Lose today and any chance of the playoffs is basically gone.

Heart says 3-1 Rovers, head says 2-1 reading.

According to Rovers police on twitter 700+

A loss puts us 10 points of the playoffs, but a win puts us 4 off with a game in hand to go 1 point off. Massive game

You can add a point for GD, ours is shocking !

Archived