BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] READING V ROVERS Sat 22nd Feb 2014

TBTF

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dunn and evans for lowe and Williamson and it looks a team with a goal in it, shocking midfield chosen when we have much better players available for once

Madness not to start your best team, we ain't getting relegated for once try and go out to win a soddin match.

Sure pre-kean we always picked the best players available not loving the massively defensive talent short midfields bowyer prefers

"Must win game" must be one of the most over-used phrases going.......... :blink: but our bad performances against 'lesser teams' these past few weeks have turned this game into exactly that.

It's make or break time today, a season defining 90 minutes. Play-off hopefuls or mid-table mediocrity? We'll know come 4.50pm.

Hmmmm, shall we play for the draw then? :closedeyes:

• Moderation Lead

Because it could be better. All this lip service balls about a playoff push is pointless if we play with the least mobile central midfield in the division, with our best creative player wasted out wide.

Pathetic.

So the resounding opinion is, that Williamson and Lowe in the middle is, well, kean. Why can we all see this and bowyer can't?

It's not even like we've seen 1, just 1 game, were the both have played and played well.

Though I would prefer Cairney more central - there has been a few matches where this formation has worked well and is not as defensive as people are making out. Indeed my main problem with Lowe and Williamson together is that defensively we don't look much better.

Williamson and Lowe two names on the team sheet that deflate me more than any when I see them both. Two defensive midfielders that statistically don't tackle much or intercept and certainly don't add anything going forwards. I can't see too much coming from this now.

For me the stability thing is wearing off fast. Bowyer is starting to get mighty irritating. If an 'average fan' can pretty much predict the team, tactics and even the substitutions. Then it's no wonder opposition teams are often all over us as they professionally plan for the game during the whole week.

Gaarrrrggghhhhhhhh.

Though I would prefer Cairney more central - there has been a few matches where this formation has worked well and is not as defensive as people are making out. Indeed my main problem with Lowe and Williamson together is that defensively we don't look much better.

My main problem with playing these two defensive midfielders is that they don't defend or attack well. We might as well play with 10 or 9 players.

anyone ever got out of this division being negative week in week out, I'm over stability it was nice after the kean take of the previous years but I want a manager who tries to win each week now

Hull City last season?

Archived