BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton v Rovers

Neal

Wow if people are getting all bent out of shape about Bolton and what's a pretty regular occurrence as far as them beating us goes, heaven knows how twisted and irrational some of this lot are gonna get if we lose next week

NO ONE LIKES LOSING.

IF THE OPINION IS THAT 'OUR' (manager, players, individuals) TEAM HAS UNDERPERFORMED, THEN BLAME IS, RIGHTLY, APPORTIONED.

THE PERFORMANCE YESTERDAY WAS ABJECT.

MIDFIELD. ATTACK. TACTICS. (i dare you to say otherwise)

NEXT WEEK IS NEXT WEEK.

IRRATIONAL??

NOPE.

PASSIONATE.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A dozen? You are being far too kind there Tyrone.

Ignoring JB, who seems to relish in labelling anyone who disagree's with his opinion a troll (he even thinks he debates and his opinion is worthy of more credence than other peoples agenda....I mean opinion even though he also can never ever see the other side of the arguement and is one of the most black and white opinionated posters on the everything is rosy side of the fence) The last time a performance 'got me out of my seat' as in metephorically speaking based on performance quality (one for you JB as you seem to have a problem grasping metaphors) was the home win to Swansea where Yakubu bagged 4 (the only player since Garner back in 84ish to score more than 3).

Freak result that imo. First time that I had seen Swansea and they passed and moved and had us chasing shadows all over Ewood, yet we 'Allardyced' them (under the baldie gobshyte) by scoring from set pieces and such.

And if your going to ignore me troll, do it effectively by not referring to my initials

:blink:

Is J Bizzle your real name?

I didn't go yesterday and I haven't watched a ball kicked on TV yet. I'm too keaned off. Having said that when I have seen us play previously this season what has stood out as plain as the nose on your face is the lack of movement off the ball. That's the main ingredient in a successful team. It gives you much more options for the man in possession. You should always have a least three options immediately when you get the ball. We always seem to receive the ball stood still. Then we pass it to the next player who's also stood still. Sooner or later when you're faced with sort of pressing game teams play these days you will get caught in possession or force a misplaced pass.

Players at this level should be technically capable of playing a high tempo pass and move game. Two causes for failure in this respect - Poor coaching and lazy players. In my book we've got both. What do they do in training ? Whatever it is it isn't working.

Regardless of the Bolton game, you have hit the nail on the head. Whether we win, lose or draw, movement off the ball has been lacking for such a long time; both during and before Bowyer. This lack of movement also co-exists with a lack of effort to win "second ball".

How I long for a Rovers side where everyone wants the ball and wants to play a team game.

NO ONE LIKES LOSING.

IF THE OPINION IS THAT 'OUR' (manager, players, individuals) TEAM HAS UNDERPERFORMED, THEN BLAME IS, RIGHTLY, APPORTIONED.

NEXT WEEK IS NEXT WEEK.

IRRATIONAL??

NOPE.

PASSIONATE.

Shall I buy you a megaphone for your birthday, Baz?

Wow if people are getting all bent out of shape about Bolton and what's a pretty regular occurrence as far as them beating us goes, heaven knows how twisted and irrational some of this lot are gonna get if we lose next week

Doh. It's not just about losing yesterday but the manner of defeat.

A half decent pub team would have beat us.

NO ONE LIKES LOSING.

NEXT WEEK IS NEXT WEEK.

IRRATIONAL??

NOPE.

PASSIONATE.

the b is silent

Have you 2 done a body swap?

Jizz that opening bit shows how LITTLE you know me. That post is wider off the mark than even the resident troll has ever posted dude .

Abs you really have mellowed with age. Not that long ago remarks against you like that would have answered with an offer of an ass whuppin. Heh heh

See below

Does make you wonder

The owners of course

I diubt these owners have any understanding of the dingle game to be doing that. In fact I doubt they even know we are playing them.

Abs you really have mellowed with age. Not that long ago remarks against you like that would have answered with an offer of an ass whuppin. Heh heh

I diubt these owners have any understanding of the dingle game to be doing that. In fact I doubt they even know we are playing them.

You mean they don't know when their baby is about to get a spanking,

someone call social services pronto

Not trying to get into conspiracy theories, but regardless of owner influence I'm certain Bowyer knows how important the dingles game is. And I'm sure he knows the amount of relational equity with the fans that rides on this fixture. Regardless of owner pressure, GB wouldn't be human if he didn't have a few thoughts on the dingles game in his head this past weekend. Would you risk anyone, knowing how vital the next fixture is, in terms of fans goodwill?

Like others have said three points is three points. To sacrifice three points at bolton in the faint hope of getting something out of the dingle game is just plain stupid. No way has bowyer done that.

Regardless of the Bolton game, you have hit the nail on the head. Whether we win, lose or draw, movement off the ball has been lacking for such a long time; both during and before Bowyer. This lack of movement also co-exists with a lack of effort to win "second ball".

How I long for a Rovers side where everyone wants the ball and wants to play a team game.

Shall I buy you a megaphone for your birthday, Baz?

apart from putting !!!! in front of every word, I have!!! no way!!! of having the emotion!!! the pain!!! the hurt!!!!!! of every!!!!! defeat (irrational??!!!!!!!!! aassssggggggghhhhhhhhhh)

p.s Sept 1 !!!!!!!

Like others have said three points is three points. To sacrifice three points at bolton in the faint hope of getting something out of the dingle game is just plain stupid. No way has bowyer done that.

That would mean we are crap then, which contradicts GB doing a good job

Said the same thing earlier GAV. The ambition for this season is/was slash the wage bill, bring in transfer money where we can and anything else is a bonus.

simply a consequence of our recent history and current situation. We all saw it coming.

the new chilled abster

I think the players simply mailed one in. Inexcusable. They saw we had injuries and felt they had a ready made excuse. Unprofessional. Jordan Rhodes captain, what was Bowyer thinking. Rhodes scoreless again time for GB to stand up to the lunes in Pune and sit him down. Bri g him off the bench for the dingles, play Varney off of Rudy.

• Backroom

Just back from the game. Very poor performance by rovers today. More annoyed about the so called rovers fans in the lower tier who thought it was a good idea to throw pints up in the air at half time, and then let off three of four smoke bombs just after halftime. The group mainly, aged 13 - 20 were a complete embarrassment to the the club and ruined a lot of peoples afternoon, in addition to the teams terrible effort on the pitch. I had to move from my seat due to the complete morons insistence on letting off smokebombs.

Halftime yesterday, me and my missus were queuing for a couple of drinks and the 2 ladies (about 60) in front of us got elbowed out the way and told to 'f*** off'.

Then that flare got lit and we gave up. Went back to our seats, sworn at by fans and stewards alike for having the temerity to sit down (my gf was quite unsettled at this point anyway) so we left. Horrible day out.

I think the players simply mailed one in. Inexcusable. They saw we had injuries and felt they had a ready made excuse. Unprofessional. Jordan Rhodes captain, what was Bowyer thinking. Rhodes scoreless again time for GB to stand up to the lunes in Pune and sit him down. Bri g him off the bench for the dingles, play Varney off of Rudy.

After noting JR's continuing selection despite his recent loss of form along with this pathetically unsuitable version of 4-4-2 is just baffling. Handing JR the captaincy is just ludicrous, he's hardly the inspirational lead from the front type is he? However fanciful it may seem is there a possibility that Bowyer is under orders from elsewhere to play JR at all costs and that he might just be giving him enough rope to hang himself?

Before I'm attacked from three sides nothing else makes sense.

That aside, I for one would like to know more,

please

There isn't any more. When we're playing Morecombe they may decide enough is enough. Until then, who knows.

After noting JR's continuing selection despite his recent loss of form along with this pathetically unsuitable version of 4-4-2 is just baffling. Handing JR the captaincy is just ludicrous, he's hardly the inspirational lead from the front type is he? However fanciful it may seem is there a possibility that Bowyer is under orders from elsewhere to play JR at all costs and that he might just be giving him enough rope to hang himself?Before I'm attacked from three sides nothing else makes sense.

I can only agree. Rhodes as a captain ? Well, he wouldn't inspire me.

Halftime yesterday, me and my missus were queuing for a couple of drinks and the 2 ladies (about 60) in front of us got elbowed out the way and told to 'f*** off'.

Then that flare got lit and we gave up. Went back to our seats, sworn at by fans and stewards alike for having the temerity to sit down (my gf was quite unsettled at this point anyway) so we left. Horrible day out.

There is a section of BRFC away support that is a cancer on the club. Blackburn scum. I went yesterday on a daft whim and cos it's there and back in 15mins and I got a free place on the Directors car park, but effectively I have not gone to an away match for years and will not go away with the club again until there is proper stewarding or even better two sections allocated for away fans. Preferably one behind the goals and one down the side.

Assuming this happens with other clubs it makes me wonder if the club should offer this to away fans to attract the more decent supporters. We certainly have the room to do it.

There isn't any more. When we're playing Morecombe they may decide enough is enough. Until then, who knows.

I can only agree. Rhodes as a captain ? Well, he wouldn't inspire me.

First Man:		I think...		I think I am.		Therefore I am!		I think...Establishment:			Of course you are, my bright little star...		I've miles and miles of files		Pretty files of your forefather's fruit		And now to suit our great computer		You're magnetic ink!     First Man:			I'm more than that		I know I am...		At least, I think I must be     Inner Man: 		There you go, man		Keep as cool as you can		Face piles of trials with smiles		It riles them to believe		That you perceive		The web they weave...		And keep on thinking free

After noting JR's continuing selection despite his recent loss of form along with this pathetically unsuitable version of 4-4-2 is just baffling. Handing JR the captaincy is just ludicrous, he's hardly the inspirational lead from the front type is he? However fanciful it may seem is there a possibility that Bowyer is under orders from elsewhere to play JR at all costs and that he might just be giving him enough rope to hang himself?

Before I'm attacked from three sides nothing else makes sense.

It doesn't make sense for Bowyer to play Rhodes at the moment. His tactics are not designed to make best use of Rhodes finishing talents.

Of course there is always the chance that Rhodes may finish a scrap or rebound but we aren't doing enough to create scraps or rebounds.

The difference in our opinions is that I want Bowyer to change this and return to trying to get the team to create opportunities [for him or with him], whereas you seem to simply want him to drop Rhodes. I can only assume then that you think Bowyer's midfield set up is the right one.

It doesn't make sense for Bowyer to play Rhodes at the moment. His tactics are not designed to make best use of Rhodes finishing talents.

Of course there is always the chance that Rhodes may finish a scrap or rebound but we aren't doing enough to create scraps or rebounds.

The difference in our opinions is that I want Bowyer to change this and return to trying to get the team to create opportunities [for him or with him], whereas you seem to simply want him to drop Rhodes. I can only assume then that you think Bowyer's midfield set up is the right one.

Don't be daft Sturat. How many times have you read me state that 4-4-2 is just useless and unsuitable with the players that we have available?

JR's inadequacies as a target man were defended to the hilt by some who said that 4-5-1 didnt suit him and that he needed a strike partner to take some weight off his shoulders and make him more chances. No excuses now is there?

Archived