BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton v Rovers

Neal

Your completely wrong West Yorks Rovers and your not on your own Burnley are a far better team than Bolton and with the signings of Luke Varney Eastwood and Dabo it all points to the club heading downwards and not upwards.

Not saying we're going to be in the play-offs, but I reckon we will see a much different team and a totally different attitude next Sunday.

Bowyer loves his job and he will want to keep it !

That's if the players want to keep him, after reading adsfors's post above.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were weak in defence anyway then we sell one and bring no other cover in. Then we lose our best one and there is no natural centre half anywhere in the club to step in. Players aren't that daft and they know we are going to struggle a bit directly because of this lack of off field organisation. All the bounce of the week in training turns on it's head. More worrying is the lack of togetherness and digging in from front to back to protect that weakness.

Den, GB is absolutely building something here. How can you not see this?

I felt way back in the autumn that bowyers team were showing the green shoots of recovery from the dark days. Squad spirit was lookiing much improved. I Also know that we have been shorn of half a team through injury , but that does not excuse today's performance at all. For starters he have the players little chance by playing that stupid 4-4-2 just IMO to accommodate an expensive passenger up top. a desperately second string defence needed the protection of a 5 man midfield but instead it was thrown to the dogs. That does not excuse a desperate lack of effort and application by the players. We looked like we had 9 men for most of the match. Bolton were a clear division better than us.

Bowyers done much good in the face of adversity but today his deficiencies were laid bare. Season appears to be over and that may not be the worst of it......

So far then we've had Venky's appoint Kean - Appleton - Berg - Bowyer.

So that's 4 managerial appointments they've made, and 4 failures as far as I'm concerned. Way to go, numb-nuts.

Wouldn't it have been so much easier to stick with Allardyce? Jesus wept.

Notwithstanding all of the conspiracy theories, it's an object lesson in how to make life excruciatingly hard for yourself, unnecessarily.

well, just got home after the game.

That was one of the most uncomfortable times I have had in a long time!

Sat right in the middle of the Bolton end lower tier behind the goal throughout that!

We made them look amazing today. We cannot cope when teams come at us and attack.

Both Henley and Olsson were terrible and our overall defending was very lame. Our passing was poor and we gave the ball away lots and seemed to just hoof it out of the danger zone only for it to come right back at us!

When Killa went off our back four looked so awful. Their fans all around me were having a right laugh with comments of "they wouldn't beat us if we played til christmas" and "its the worst they have played this season".

Rhodes was throwing himself to ground at times today for no reason whatsoever as well. And just when it couldn't get any worse a section of our fans start acting like bellends.

I'm nervous for next week...

Tactically, I'd be a better manager than Gary Bowyer as would most of you. I thought when he started to sit in the stands that he'd start to see the game we're seeing. There's absolutely no evidence of this Clough philosophy he's been brought up on. Nice fella, good in the transfer market but absolutely crap tactically.

I've seen enough, come the end of the season... "Thanks Gaz, you've done OK but OK doesn't get you promoted" would be my choice of words.

Not cut out for it. End of.

If Dunn doesn't play next week and Hanley, we will get one hell of a beating.

Looks to me like we will be getting that even of at full strength. Dingle express looks unstoppable. Pencol the @#/?s in for 2nd and the first time in how long they will be playin football on a higher division than us

I felt way back in the autumn that bowyers team were showing the green shoots of recovery from the dark days. Squad spirit was lookiing much improved. I Also know that we have been shorn of half a team through injury , but that does not excuse today's performance at all. For starters he have the players little chance by playing that stupid 4-4-2 just IMO to accommodate an expensive passenger up top. a desperately second string defence needed the protection of a 5 man midfield but instead it was thrown to the dogs. That does not excuse a desperate lack of effort and application by the players. We looked like we had 9 men for most of the match. Bolton were a clear division better than us.

Bowyers done much good in the face of adversity but today his deficiencies were laid bare. Season appears to be over and that may not be the worst of it......

You'd think that if it was 'sh1t or bust' there'd have been more of a fist made when it mattered.

Christ there's been countless times this season where you would have thought that would have applied but all we were left with was a damp squib time and again. Nothing ever makes sense.

You can only assume that they're in it for the long haul or they've 'saved us from relegation' this season and 27th March really is a date in the calendar to watch out for.

Can only hope Rovers (whoever maybe pulling the strings) have eyes on another manager. Lets face it GB has been allowed time but when he comes out with the players lacked passion, whose job is it to motivate?? We done to the +2,700 who did have passion.

'No hunger or desire' according to Kevin Gallacher. That's got to be the most galling aspect of the defeat.

How long has that been the case ? There's something rotten at the heart of the club. It begins with a V.

Who's going to be getting the hairdryer treatment on Monday morning ? More importantly who's going to be handing it out ?

Err, nobody.

Just back from the game. Very poor performance by rovers today. More annoyed about the so called rovers fans in the lower tier who thought it was a good idea to throw pints up in the air at half time, and then let off three of four smoke bombs just after halftime. The group mainly, aged 13 - 20 were a complete embarrassment to the the club and ruined a lot of peoples afternoon, in addition to the teams terrible effort on the pitch. I had to move from my seat due to the complete morons insistence on letting off smokebombs.

Rovers Rovers ra ra ra

Your more bothered about some young dafties than the terrible team performance? Its a football match not an opera. Nobody died just our season.

Missed 20 mins of the second half due to the morons. Does it take someone to die for you to be ashamed of so called rovers fans behaviour?

Archived