BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton v Rovers

Neal

The other week at Middlesbrough Kane was hung out to dry by Bowyers formation and he subbed him at half time. Henley gave one of the worst performances in the first half I have seen for a long time and stayed on. Clearly Bowyer has his favourites.

I really don't know where to start today but for me this game was lost as soon as Hanley was declared unfit. And once again our not signing players for the right positions has been highlighted. Bowyer is so far out of his depth it scares me. I heard him on Radio Lancs after the game saying we played three up front in the second half. I found that comment insulting. Gestede and Varney barely crossed the half way line in open play as Bowyer looked on hopelessly from the dug-out.

Along with lots of other Rovers fans tonight I am seriously questioning Bowyers credentials.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poorly run club. The arrogance of India has hit home today. Stick to keeping up with Kentucky Fried and leave football to real people. Disgrace to buy lots of wingers and no spine. Don't the Loons want something other their lack of fame?

And I thought Markus Ollsen went on loan to Padiham. Sorry for the many who witnessed the afterrmath of rookie Bowyer's "sound transfer dealings". Unbelievable what goes on there.

e

yes these are quite the kind of signings you need if its your ambition to finish comfortably mid-table in theChampionship

The trouble is other clubs also sign bucketloads of decent players for this level

Nobody would have been over excited had we signed Heaton, Arfield, Jones, Kightly and Barnes but they must be as good or better than our fantastic array of captures mustn't they?

Kermorgant, Vardy, Trippier, McCormack, Nakhi Wells, Waghorn, McCann, A hundred others...are our signings intrinsically better than anyone else's because a bloke in the Telegraph writes a few puff pieces about how they "know what it takes to get promoted" because they sat on Hull's or Cardiff's bench?

We're an ordinary side with an ordinary manager getting ordinary results in an ordinary division

The notion that these journeymen are going to metamorphosise into a promotion machine after a few weeks off at Summer completely mystifies me

Correct, from top to bottom there's not remotely a sniff of promotion material

Wigan go into a tricky away game at Forest knowing that a win will put them right in the mix and roll them over 4-1.

Rovers went there a month ago with a similar scenario, bottled it and surrendered to the same scoreline.

Unfortunately we've too many bottlers and no leaders.

It's quite simple really we lost the game today due to Dour Bowyer. After a fantastic and hard fought win last week we threw it all away today. Very naive of Bowyer to expect to go from Febuary until the end of the season with only two centre halfs and he has paid the price for that today. Today also show cased why we will never get promoted with Dour Bowyer and why a change needs to be made in the summer, because although Bowyer signs some good players and has some good results, he is tactially naive and to slow to react to things and he can also not get any consistency out of the players which i feel a btter manager would, we haven't won three in a row all season which is not good enough.

Also our bench looked very weak today. Its all well and good getting rid off the likes of Dann, DJ, Best, Rochina, Judge and even Songo with the lack on centre halfs but you have to get some replacements in the strengthen the squad, because Evans and prehaps Kane aside I don't think any of them on that bench today should be near the first team.

Olsson was awful he should never play again, Henly was fantstic defensivley last week this week he was poor as usual. And we lack any flair in the middle Williamson and Lowe are the same type of players and we usually ship a load of goals when they play together. Evans is a good player at winning the ball and playing it simple but we have no one to create something from nothing or play a killer though ball its all far too lethargic in there, obviously Cairney can do that but he was injured today and doesn't play in there anyway.

Shocking today. Bad enough that our lack of defenders is exposed but playing those 2 statues in front is a recipe for disaster. When we were getting someone like Dabo in the other week, surely GB should have been thinking "I don't need this player and yet I only have 3 centre backs." You have to question the bloke's sanity or ask who is in charge of buying players especially seeing as 4 signings we have made this season are already out on loan and 1 from last month seems to have no prospect of playing. It's as much as a shambles as it's been over the last 3 years.

A complete horrorshow. It feels like after the Sunderland away game the season we got relegated, a result that didn't mathematically seal our fate but still very much proved that there was nothing waiting for us at the end of the season.

This is truly our frugal transfer window coming back to bite us,we have no reliable substitutes when faced with injuries or bad runs of form on individual players.

Shocking today. Bad enough that our lack of defenders is exposed but playing those 2 statues in front is a recipe for disaster. When we were getting someone like Dabo in the other week, surely GB should have been thinking "I don't need this player and yet I only have 3 centre backs." You have to question the bloke's sanity or ask who is in charge of buying players especially seeing as 4 signings we have made this season are already out on loan and 1 from last month seems to have no prospect of playing. It's as much as a shambles as it's been over the last 3 years.

Dabo is the most bizarre signing that Bowyer has made, well along with Marrow. We have only got 2 centre backs but he signs a midfielder who is still yet to feature which isn't surprising when we already have Evans Lowe Williamson Cairney Taylor and even Dunny at a push.

Hypothetical question ...

If we were playing Bournemouth next Sunday , I wonder what the team would have been today ?

good question, not making excuses for Bowyer but was he put under pressure to save some key players for next week

Dabo is the most bizarre signing that Bowyer has made, well along with Marrow. We have only got 2 centre backs but he signs a midfielder who is still yet to feature which isn't surprising when we already have Evans Lowe Williamson Cairney Taylor and even Dunny at a push.

Did Bowyer make the Dabo signing ?

He seems to be on a par with the Lingansi and Goulon singings.

Just hope he isnt from the book of Simon Conning donkeys

good question, not making excuses for Bowyer but was he put under pressure to save some key players for next week

I suspect this may be the case - but let's be honest the situation where resting/protecting players was so damaging should not occur.

To be honest i think next week is huge for GB as well as the team. Winning, or at least not losing, vs the dingles gives a manager a lot more leeway and goodwill with the fans.

Doesn't really matter, whichever eleven he put out today should have done much better.

The number of times we were caught in possession or gave the ball away was inexcusable.

I suspect this may be the case - but let's be honest the situation where resting/protecting players was so damaging should not occur.

To be honest i think next week is huge for GB as well as the team. Winning, or at least not losing, vs the dingles gives a manager a lot more leeway and goodwill with the fans.

Jist I'm getting here is most fans want him gone regardless. I am so not looking forward to it. I just watched our 5-0 demolition of the dingle oh how we can dream eh

Archived