BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton v Rovers

Neal

The other week at Middlesbrough Kane was hung out to dry by Bowyers formation and he subbed him at half time. Henley gave one of the worst performances in the first half I have seen for a long time and stayed on. Clearly Bowyer has his favourites.

Bowyer is so far out of his depth it scares me.

Along with lots of other Rovers fans tonight I am seriously questioning Bowyers credentials.

I bet you Henley was worse against Forest away. The lad is not good enough, that simple, he needs to go out on loan... Boy in mans game. Kane was defintately shown up by Bowyers tactics against Middlesbrough, not playing a right midfielder/winger is not giving us enough protection.

Say we get beat by Burnley... What happens then? The fans still going to protect him? Bowyer has done all he can here, he's done a good job in the market and shipping out deadwood, I'm thankful to him for that. At the end of the season he'll have been given a good crack of the whip but unfortunately this is about performances and they've been far from convincing... Wins, draws and losses.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet you Henley was worse against Forest away. The lad is not good enough, that simple, he needs to go out on loan... Boy in mans game. Kane was defintately shown up by Bowyers tactics against Middlesbrough, not playing a right midfielder/winger is not giving us enough protection.

Having been at both Forest and Yesterday Henley was considerably worse yesterday. Which is a real shame as he had a very good game last week up against to good attacking players in McAnuff and Obita, but unfortunately Henley just like the team took a step forward last week and this week took several steps back.

Just seen the bolton goals where were the bloody two defensive midfielders especially for their 1st

I haven't seen the goals.yet but what I have seen this season is plenty of goals coming from the areas the two defensive midfielders should be covering. When you play with 7 players who rarely cross the half way line you shouldn't be conceding the amount of goals we do. The system isn't working and Bowyer's persistence with it has cost us our play-off chance this season.

I'd put up with dull unattractive football if it brought results and got us out of this league. Howard Kendall's team wasn't always entertaining. This season by and large has been full of dull, careless, negative football and we've been losing games we shouldn't have.

Irrespective of what happens next Sunday I'd thank Bowyer for his efforts and put him back with the kids at the end of the season. I'd be looking for a new young manager now. There must be some on the way up. Will this happen ? Of course not.

Worst thing for me about the game was how bad we were when we had the ball. The passing was terrible, we were constantly caught in possession and the movement of the forwards was minimal. Can't remember ever seeing a team give the ball away as often and especially in our own half. The centre of midfield has to have someone who can use the ball, otherwise you've got no chance. Get blimmin Evans in, he's apparently been fit for weeks now so what's the problem.

cant wait for jizzle & chaddy's positive spin on this.

ScABBEY lad, your actually looking forward to defeats now so you can revel in the negativity.

I'd consider seeing a psychologist or your family more.

Yesterday was shocking but put it into perspective - we lost a game of football. Hardly the disaster some on here seem to want.

From what I've seen/read/heard - a number of players underperformed...

Yes - I said PLAYERS.... we have them remember. It's not 11 Gary Bowyers.

Anyway, having no CB's, only one full back, only one winger and your battering ram striker booked after 4 minutes is going to make the day a slog. Add to this that Jordan missed two guilt edge opportunities. It just was never going to be our day.

Hoepefully we can regroup, and I agree with Topman's suggestion that going off our incosistency this season we will beat Burnley then draw against Bournemouth at home!

To summarise though - Stability breaths consistency, and changing another manager at this point of the season is complete lunacy.

Worst thing for me about the game was how bad we were when we had the ball. The passing was terrible, we were constantly caught in possession and the movement of the forwards was minimal. Can't remember ever seeing a team give the ball away as often and especially in our own half. The centre of midfield has to have someone who can use the ball, otherwise you've got no chance. Get blimmin Evans in, he's apparently been fit for weeks now so what's the problem.

I didn't go yesterday and I haven't watched a ball kicked on TV yet. I'm too keaned off. Having said that when I have seen us play previously this season what has stood out as plain as the nose on your face is the lack of movement off the ball. That's the main ingredient in a successful team. It gives you much more options for the man in possession. You should always have a least three options immediately when you get the ball. We always seem to receive the ball stood still. Then we pass it to the next player who's also stood still. Sooner or later when you're faced with sort of pressing game teams play these days you will get caught in possession or force a misplaced pass.

Players at this level should be technically capable of playing a high tempo pass and move game. Two causes for failure in this respect - Poor coaching and lazy players. In my book we've got both. What do they do in training ? Whatever it is it isn't working.

Talking to a couple of notlobs after game. They were saying we were the worst team they'd had this season. Today was a embarassment.

And Bolton are the worst I've seen at Ewood this season, it's a funny old game!!

Didn't go or follow the game as I'm away but what a truly awful day. As a side note (not blaming him for the result) does Rhodes ever play well with any strike partner?

Jist I'm getting here is most fans want him gone regardless. I am so not looking forward to it. I just watched our 5-0 demolition of the dingle oh how we can dream eh

Appleton was on a shocking run pre-sacking, but I feel the Burnley result contributed to people being (more) shocked and disappointed that he was sacked. Not saying it was the only factor, but it did seem to generate him some goodwill.

The notion that Bowyer might have contemplated "resting players ahead of next week" under orders is as infantile and preposterous as Arbitro's exasperated response suggests

What fully-formed adult would believe that a manager with a chance of taking his team within a point of the top six would forego the possibility to the nebulous notion that we may get a point against Burnley and keep a record that's even beginning to be as much an albatross round our own necks than theirs

Who exactly dictates that the Burnley game is more important? The Pune-based owners who perhaps once got refused entry to the Cats' Whiskers and have carried a festering grudge ever since?

Deepdale Degsy who possibly wasn't paid for supplying shelves in the 1980's to the Keirby Hotel?

And as for "we would have taken two points from these two games" I didn't speak to a single person who believed that a draw at Reading would suffice, and much less anyone whose ambition stretched no further than a draw against Bolton who had won 3 at home all season up to yesterday

Kendall had a far better, more resilient side than this at Championship level, too, I don't think this lot will be missing out on automatic by goal difference with only 29 goals conceded and clean sheets in more than half of the games

That's an excellent post, meadows. :tu:

ScABBEY lad, your actually looking forward to defeats now so you can revel in the negativity.

I'd consider seeing a psychologist or your family more.

Yesterday was shocking but put it into perspective - we lost a game of football. Hardly the disaster some on here seem to want.

From what I've seen/read/heard - a number of players underperformed...

Yes - I said PLAYERS.... we have them remember. It's not 11 Gary Bowyers.

Anyway, having no CB's, only one full back, only one winger and your battering ram striker booked after 4 minutes is going to make the day a slog. Add to this that Jordan missed two guilt edge opportunities. It just was never going to be our day.

Hoepefully we can regroup, and I agree with Topman's suggestion that going off our incosistency this season we will beat Burnley then draw against Bournemouth at home!

To summarise though - Stability breaths consistency, and changing another manager at this point of the season is complete lunacy.

Jizz that opening bit shows how LITTLE you know me. That post is wider off the mark than even the resident troll has ever posted dude .

Jizz that opening bit shows how LITTLE you know me. That post is wider off the mark than even the resident troll has ever posted dude .

Ok so stating that players aren't fit and that might affect performance is now "trolling"

I would say the original post you made regarding me and Chaddy is trolling - but that would be pointless. You are so badly educated and under informed that any point I make to you will be responded to with "OHH TAHNSK MRS V YOUR SOME NICE BINT"

Thank god Parsonblue writes the match reviews.

Ok so stating that players aren't fit and that might affect performance is now "trolling"

I would say the original post you made regarding me and Chaddy is trolling - but that would be pointless. You are so badly educated and under informed that any point I make to you will be responded to with "OHH TAHNSK MRS V YOUR SOME NICE BINT"

You know JACK about Abbey. I suggest you try to keep it that way.

I didn't go yesterday and I haven't watched a ball kicked on TV yet. I'm too keaned off. Having said that when I have seen us play previously this season what has stood out as plain as the nose on your face is the lack of movement off the ball. That's the main ingredient in a successful team. It gives you much more options for the man in possession. You should always have a least three options immediately when you get the ball. We always seem to receive the ball stood still. Then we pass it to the next player who's also stood still. Sooner or later you will get caught in possession or force a misplaced pass.

Players at this level should be technically capable of playing a high tempo pass and move game. Two causes for failure in this respect - Poor coaching and lazy players. In my book we've got both. What do they do in training ? Whatever it is it isn't working.

Lack of ability and laziness, not a good combination.

Ha shows you for what you are .. You are NOT the resident troll , don't flatter yourself . The opening sentence however wasn't you trolling then ?

Oh and it's owd hag bint , do keep up .

Under educated ?? Oh ok then prof .

It's got us where we are now. Unless something is done next season will be worse. The trouble is too many of the players actually believe they're worth the big bucks they're getting.

That last sentence is so true.

It's got us where we are now. Unless something is done next season will be worse. The trouble is too many of the players actually believe they're worth the big bucks they're getting.

They are only worth what people are willing to pay. Its time for football management to be brave and make a stand.

Just seen all four goals on Goals on Sunday (I was in Chorley already by the time the 4th went in!!). Good grief.

Abysmal defending for all of them, hope something can change for next week.

Just seen all four goals on Goals on Sunday (I was in Chorley already by the time the 4th went in!!). Good grief.

Abysmal defending for all of them, hope something can change for next week.

Its still early days I guess, but I can't help but think the Dann sale was a terrible bit of business if we had any ambition of making the playoffs.

Archived