BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton v Rovers

Neal

I didn't go yesterday and I haven't watched a ball kicked on TV yet. I'm too keaned off. Having said that when I have seen us play previously this season what has stood out as plain as the nose on your face is the lack of movement off the ball. That's the main ingredient in a successful team. It gives you much more options for the man in possession. You should always have a least three options immediately when you get the ball. We always seem to receive the ball stood still. Then we pass it to the next player who's also stood still. Sooner or later when you're faced with sort of pressing game teams play these days you will get caught in possession or force a misplaced pass.

Players at this level should be technically capable of playing a high tempo pass and move game. Two causes for failure in this respect - Poor coaching and lazy players. In my book we've got both. What do they do in training ? Whatever it is it isn't working.

I went to a funeral and my kids went to the game. They were glummer than I was , when we met afterwards. I am not going to watch the goals.

The pattern seems so predictable. Great result last week, followed by rock bottom performance yesterday. I feel gutted for the good people , who forked out £33 for the privilege.

While I frequently fall into the hope trap, I do know that this is neither a promotion nor a near miss team..and I have seen plenty of the latter.

The honest truth is that I can't wait for this dustbin season to be over, so I can invest in whatever happens next year.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We kept 3 clean sheets though after Dann departed. It's the not having another centre half in the entire club to call on that's quite appalling at a club at this level.

It is not as if this regime hasn't made that mistake before. Remember the "judge us after the window-not in August" Wolves game at the start of the relegation season.

I went to a funeral and my kids went to the game. They were glummer than I was , when we met afterwards. I am not going to watch the goals.

The pattern seems so predictable. Great result last week, followed by rock bottom performance yesterday. I feel gutted for the good people , who forked out £33 for the privilege.

While I frequently fall into the hope trap, I do know that this is neither a promotion nor a near miss team..and I have seen plenty of the latter.

The honest truth is that I can't wait for this dustbin season to be over, so I can invest in whatever happens next year.

I've never been to a real funeral on a Saturday before. I've been to a few matches that felt that way though.

Match summary: Embarrassing in a season of numerous embarrassing performances

QuestionL Performances that have got you out of your seat this season? Write the answer on the head of a pin with a magic marker

There's not been many has there ? Since Venkies took over how many would you say ? A dozen in total, home and away ? Twenty at the most in three seasons, and I'm being kind there.

Match summary: Embarrassing in a season of numerous embarrassing performances

QuestionL Performances that have got you out of your seat this season? Write the answer on the head of a pin with a magic marker

Personally "new troll" I tend to get out my seat every time we score. I'm not anally retentive enough to quote you the number of times we've scored at home though so I'll just say quite a few times.

Edit

Why do I never remember the simple rule "Do not feed the trolls!"

There's not been many has there ? Since Venkies took over how many would you say ? A dozen in total, home and away ? Twenty at the most in three seasons, and I'm being kind there.

I think you're more than generous.

Sadly mine would be United, Arsenal, Peterborough away and City at home period. I missed the early season performances unfortunately and the remainder over 3 or 4 seasons has been dour at best.

A dozen? You are being far too kind there Tyrone.

Ignoring JB, who seems to relish in labelling anyone who disagree's with his opinion a troll (he even thinks he debates and his opinion is worthy of more credence than other peoples agenda....I mean opinion even though he also can never ever see the other side of the arguement and is one of the most black and white opinionated posters on the everything is rosy side of the fence) The last time a performance 'got me out of my seat' as in metephorically speaking based on performance quality (one for you JB as you seem to have a problem grasping metaphors) was the home win to Swansea where Yakubu bagged 4 (the only player since Garner back in 84ish to score more than 3).

So Barnsley and Bolton this season at home didn't qualify for that because different players scored the bulk of goals?

And if your going to ignore me troll, do it effectively by not referring to my initials and avoid aiming personal insults at me - Which I have no intention of giving a @#/? about because all you have contributed to this board is 8 posts of negative spew. No balanced look on things. Do we not vet the credentials of "new" posters?

I also recognise your writing and if you are who I think you are, I really cannot believe the lack of spine you may possess.

Bo!!**ks. Next Sunday is 8 days away. That is a pathetic excuse.

See below

I suspect this may be the case - but let's be honest the situation where resting/protecting players was so damaging should not occur.

To be honest i think next week is huge for GB as well as the team. Winning, or at least not losing, vs the dingles gives a manager a lot more leeway and goodwill with the fans.

Does make you wonder

Under pressure from who?

The owners of course

Surely you must be on a wind-up. I'd wager they don't even know who we are playing let alone the gravity of it.

How could any owner of Blackburn Rovers not know about gravity, we have been fighting it for long enough

As far as Craig Short not having any effect, well, he's a little hamstrung by poor resources and Gary Bowyer's team set-up I would say.

March 27th awaits, hmmm, that is the day before I go on holiday. I think personally the best thing at the moment would be administration, particularly if it sees a change (for the better ...) of owner.

Certainly we're not going up with venky's in charge.

Gary's done a decent job of overhauling the squad. Unless the owners change and the manager changes then we're doomed to remain like this for a very long time to come.

• Moderation Lead

Your deliberate trolling won't go down well on here I'm afraid. Can't imagine why you weren't a member on here earlier in the season when we beat you 4-1....

Come on!!!!!!! at least allow me a little chuckle......As for balance sheets. I,d imagine you lot will have the bedsheets out by this time next week......hahahahaha

May

@#/? off manc lad ,,, were pride of Lancashire and your @#/? of manchester

I was on here earlier in the season !! I accept defeats gracefully,but I also revel in victories which there haven't been too many this season....But this fine March Sunday feels all the better after handing you a wakener .....I shall thoroughly enjoy my roast beef today.... ^_^ ^_^ :tu:

Do choke on it

I was on here earlier in the season !! I accept defeats gracefully,but I also revel in victories which there haven't been too many this season....But this fine March Sunday feels all the better after handing you a wakener .....I shall thoroughly enjoy my roast beef today.... ^_^ ^_^ :tu:

Handed us a wakener! Is that a deliberate anagram, or just unfortunate?

Archived