BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton v Rovers

Neal

It's too all nicey nicey for me. We lack leaders on the pitch so badly but strong leadership starts from the manager. Then he has his lieutentants on the pitch. GB has Lowe and makes one of the quietest lads on the pitch captain for the day probably to give his confidence a boost, all to nicey !

He's been a great steady sensible hand on the tiller ala Tony Parkes but there comes a point we need to push on because pretty soon I feel we will start going backwards again.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season over bar the one biggest game.

Progress made and 34 years undefeated would be a vast improvement on last season. Win next week and I say stick with the manger and allow him to build on this season. Lose next week and I think we should say a big thank you but roll the dice (in the summer) if there is a more experienced manager available.

That's how I feel about the manager at the moment. Why not judge him on the most important game of the season for most of us?

Last week Bowyer and the team were world beaters. This week they all need sacking and we start again. Same old story.

Look on the bright side. We have 46 points, 19 above the relegation zone.

WE'RE STAYING UP!!!

Season over bar the one biggest game.

Progress made and 34 years undefeated would be a vast improvement on last season. Win next week and I say stick with the manger and allow him to build on this season. Lose next week and I think we should say a big thank you but roll the dice (in the summer) if there is a more experienced manager available.

That's how I feel about the manager at the moment. Why not judge him on the most important game of the season for most of us?

For me he should go even if we do win ...He has not got the tactical acumen nor the footballing man management skills , to do the job...

Burnley are not world beaters and are the reverse of Bolton ....

So do not be too surprised if we win ...

Burnley should be wetting themselves with excitement about the thought of facing us now. We're easy to out-manoeuvre.

We're twenty points behind them right now. They'll never have a better chance

Last season was definately their best chance !

Pressure on them next week ,,many twists yet before May !

Burnley should be wetting themselves with excitement about the thought of facing us now. We're easy to out-manoeuvre.

Might be the last time we play them in a while too.

The Bolton managers game plan today would have been so easy. Outnumber Rovers in midfield - starving the front two of service, knowing Lowe and Williamson would sit deep meant they would pin us back allowing them to continually put balls into our area where we were vulnerable, even before Danns departure and Hanley's injury.

Bowyer should be worried tonight. Does anyone really think he's building anything here? How many players has he brought in so far - 15-16-17? And we get a display like this.

I'll take a centre back, just the one will be fine........

Didn't realise you are a Bolton fan. In that case F*** Off

Sam dingles cousin comes on once in a while and @#/? stits then gies after a bad result

Already had 3 texts off em

The Bolton managers game plan today would have been so easy. Outnumber Rovers in midfield - starving the front two of service, knowing Lowe and Williamson would sit deep meant they would pin us back allowing them to continually put balls into our area where we were vulnerable, even before Danns departure and Hanley's injury.

Bowyer should be worried tonight. Does anyone really think he's building anything here? How many players has he brought in so far - 15-16-17? And we get a display like this.

Some of the players he has brought in , have already departed !

I don't think the manager had the players up for this one, he had his eyes on next Sunday, probably thinks his job is on the line if we lose.

I expect 'ALL OUT WAR' next weekend, will effort be enough ? let's just hope we have a few players back.

6 points from dingles and B/mouth is what's required, nothing less will do ! Wigan don't have a game next w/end.

Den, GB is absolutely building something here. How can you not see this?

Not all of his signings have worked out so he's shipped them out. Personally, I'd prefer a manager to admit the players he brought in good enough and get rid of them rather than being pig headed and keeping them just because they are his players.

Spurr, Kilgallon, Conway, Evans, Cairney, Marshall, Taylor, Gestede, Mahoney are all excellent signings and are exactly the sort of players we need to be signing.

Effort is the minimum requirement next week. Burnley have often bottled this fixture in the past, I doubt the present lot will :(

We've usually been the better team with superior players and manager. Not this season.

Just got to hope the Dunn factor can swing it.

I don't think the manager had the players up for this one, he had his eyes on next Sunday, probably thinks his job is on the line if we lose.

I expect 'ALL OUT WAR' next weekend, will effort be enough ? let's just hope we have a few players back.

6 points from dingles and B/mouth is what's required, nothing less will do ! Wigan don't have a game next w/end.

Your completely wrong West Yorks Rovers and your not on your own Burnley are a far better team than Bolton and with the signings of Luke Varney Eastwood and Dabo it all points to the club heading downwards and not upwards.

According to my son, who was at the game in the Bolton end, Rhodes and Bowyer had a bit of a set to at the end of the game. Perhaps it was down to frustration, but that doesn't look good. My lad also said it was the worst he has ever seen Rovers play and was embarrassed by the performance!

Today's result hardly a surprise given the line up, we gave up the ghost in the transfer window when players were offloaded en masse and Dann was ludicrously sold and we left ourselves with 2 centre backs. I've lost interest since then frankly.

Season over, just local bragging rights to be salvaged next week hopefully, and that looks extremely unlikely the way the respective teams are playing.

Probably the first time in my time we've gone into the Burnley game as big underdogs, hopefully it suits us and gets to them. They are due a stuffing anyway :)

The Dingles record is lost one, every 11 games this season, they haven't lost for 11 games, so they are definitely due one.

2-1

Den, GB is absolutely building something here. How can you not see this?  

Not all of his signings have worked out so he's shipped them out. Personally, I'd prefer a manager to admit the players he brought in  good enough and get rid of them rather than being pig headed and keeping them just because they are his players.

Spurr, Kilgallon, Conway, Evans, Cairney, Marshall, Taylor, Gestede, Mahoney are all excellent signings and are exactly the sort of players we need to be signing.  

You really think so? What Bowyer is building is a steady Championship side which will always hover in mid table and probably be "four points off the playoffs" (how many have clung to that all season?) for a period each year.

Rovers are an entirely predictable team, never producing anything out of the ordinary, and, like the manager, nice man that he is, lacking imagination.

GB is not building a promotion squad which the club desperately needs. If by some chance this side goes up this season or next it would be straight back down again.

Beware March 27th

A mate of mine left about 10 mins from the end and saw Dunn, he asked Dunn the question "you're out early aren't you" to which he replied "what's point in staying" and then he went onto ask him "what happened that was awful" to which Dunn replied "I know @#/? @#/?". Slightly unprofessional but things like that along with the Rhodes spat comment, maybe tell is that bowyer isn't all he's made out to be.

Archived