BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton v Rovers

Neal

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He may have been in ridiculous wages but he was one of best performers this season.

Selling Dann proved our ambitions fir this season.......cut the wage bill at every opportunity and regardless of the consequence.

Probably true and he could well have wanted to go ...

But he wasn't a good un by any means ...

Getting beat next week would be bad. Though I can see us getting a hiding and never being able to live it down.

A bit pessimistic, I know. But I can see it happening.

If defeat next week brings the end of Bowyers tenure , it may not be a bad thing cos this season is finished ...

Isn't football wonderful :angry2:

Last week - great away result - building up some genuine momentum - then three key players injured just prior to a local derby. Whatever the feelings of Bowyers tactical acumen - we have been unbelievably unlucky with injuries this season.

That is no excuse, all you have done is highlight the lack of quality cover

Fair dos. But I still maintain that a decent defender will slot in alongside anyone. It might take time to develop an understanding but I'm as confident as I can be (in a hypothetical discussion) that a PL quality defender would have done much, much better alongside Kilgallon than an out of position full back. Heck, with so little to play for this season, it might have been worth the risk putting Evans in there.

So, so frustrating.

Yeah it can happen. Someone could come in and get MOTM next weekend. I wouldn't say its impossible, just the odds are it would be seen and targeted by the opposition as a weak point. Even great players like Ooijer can look calamitous when they make their debut. Equally, i'm sure there are examples of loanees coming straight in and looking like world beaters. I guess Cairney is a good example.

Either way, i guess we might see it play out one way or the other next weekend now.

Getting stuffed at the breezeblock is a little depressing & embarrassing :blush:.

Please Rovers, for next weekend, just win. At all costs, just win... :brfc:

COYB!

Sadly, Bowyer's dream result will be 0-0.

Archived