BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton v Rovers

Neal

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pathetic! Bolton are an awful side yet here we go again.

I'm absolutely dreading next week.

:angry:

Why ?

Only difference between the 3 clubs is Burnley have a very good manager whilst Rovers and Bolton employ people who are nobodies with superior squads ...

And yet last week he got it right - or was that just blind luck ?

In my mind, whether Bowyer takes the blame today depends if his hands were tied with regards to selling Dann and having no replacement. Practically everyone said "What if…" and today we are finding out. Having said that it's his decision to play J.Lo every week.

Anyone else think it is time to introduce Evans ? At the end of the day it looks like we are going to lose this one - so a good opportunity to introduce him. Drop Lowe to centre half - three at the back - and take off Taylor or Williamson.

Good idea , see if Bowyer thinks it is !

the joys and the despair.

Henley js s.hit. With him, Lowe and Williamson not tackling we are being overrun.

Robinson has made at least 3 game saving (ha) saves.

Olsen is a player who is rarely picked and is playing as such.

Bowyer's negative tactics are spot on.

Somebody kill me (i've got another 45 minutes of this)

I have spent £45 on this! An absolutely shocking, shambolic perfomance. Adam Henley has no idea how to defend, taylor is dreadful, williamson anonymous and lowe is quite simply an utter disgrace! He has squandered possession time and time again. The worst footballer i have ever seen no contest

A makeshift defence against Mason and Juitewisz was always going to be difficult. Mason, in particular, is a very good striker and someone I'd like us to sign in the summer.

Williamson/Lowe combination is simply not good enough for a team with promotion ambitions.

Putting in a loanee in the heart of the defence would probably have brought its own problems.

Poor by all accounts but we're missing our best centre half and best midfielder (arguably 2nd best too).

Typical Rovers this. Build us up just to knock us back down.

Seems all criticism towards Bowyer and his tactics is being justified today. He probably will come out after the game and blame it on injuries, but he really should take a long hard look in the mirror. Olsson should be nowhere near the starting 11. I'd rather play Lowe or Williamson as a defender and give Dabo a chance to prove himself (or some other youngster). If you're main goal is to defend then you really shouldn't start with 2 forwards, but in a 4-5-1 formation. Mix it up, be unpredictable, trust your players and go for the kill!

Watching Bumley vs Derby I get the feeling that if we should by some miracle take the lead, Dyche will make changes to his formation etc and thus make sure his team wins. Bumley are now looking very likely to get that 2nd promotion spot and wouldn't it jsut crown their season to end our run against them?

The way Bowyer has been setting up the team lately I expect nothing but a 4-6 formation (or 6-4) against Bumley with clear instructions to avoid conceding at any cost....thus we concede at will. The man has done some great work for Rovers in his stint as manager (not unlike Parkes), but unless he can prove he is able to learn, progress and adapt, we really need a new manager for next season.

• Backroom

This performance is atypical of everything we've come to expect from Rovers under Bowyer. It's like watching us under Steve Kean all over again. There is no excuse for this.

Archived