Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton v Rovers

Neal

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

qpr leeds a good result,

Give us a clue !

I would have thought it was obvious, if Leeds had won they would be above us, QPR dropping points again means they are dropping like a stone and could be back in the 6th spot fight within a couple of weeks.

Losing Hanley means set pieces concern me this afternoon. Outside of Kilgallan, not many people who will attack the ball in the air from corners and free kicks. Big performance maybe needed from Rudy in both boxes.

Not going to be easy with Hanley our best defender out and Cairney & Dunn our two main creative midfielders out. Can't see today's game being very pretty, probably using Gestede as target man and hoping for Rhodes, Conway and Taylor to feed off the scraps. Probably going to be Lowe at centreback (he played there after Hanley's sending off away against Wigan) although Spurr could also play centreback but with Kilgallon preference to play on the left side it makes more sense to play Lowe at centreback to me. In situations like this you wonder why exactly we didn't manage to bring in another centreback when we knew we only have two recognised ones in the entire squad.

------------- Robbo ------------

Henley - Lowe - Killagon - Spurr

--------- Williamson -------------

Olsson - Taylor - Conway ----

---- Gestede - Rhodes ------

Although I think we'll set up as a 4-4-2 with Henley and Olsson at full back, Bowyer might spring a Leeds away on everyone and go 3-5-2 with one of Lowe/Williamson playing cb, with Henley and Olsson wing backs and Taylor, Conway, and the other one of Lowe/Williamson central.

...highly unlikely though!

Archived