BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton v Rovers

Neal

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The below is from a Boywer interview talking about the threat of Jay Spearing and the Bolton midfield. Looks like the creative central 2 are set to start again.

“It’ll be up to Lee Williamson and Jason Lowe (defensive midfielders) to go and nullify them.”

That doesnt sound too positive from Bowyer.

No Cairney or Hanley leaves us a little bare!

Robinson

Kane - Kilgallon - Spurr - Henley

King - Williamson - Lowe - Conway

Gestede - Rhodes

I remember King having a great game when we beat them 4-1 at home, so maybe that extra pace will work in our favour?

Hell

Kinell I don't like the look of that. Surely it's time to bring back Evans and slot Dunny in somewhere. Possibly Taylor too.

No Cairney or Hanley leaves us a little bare!

Robinson

Kane - Kilgallon - Spurr - Henley

King - Williamson - Lowe - Conway

Gestede - Rhodes

I remember King having a great game when we beat them 4-1 at home, so maybe that extra pace will work in our favour?

King is injured.

Robinson

Kane Killgallon Spurr Henley

Taylor Lowe Evans Conway

Rhodes Gestede

Please. Even if that means bringing Evans off at half time. Just don't start Lowe and Williamson together.

It's not a proper derby but its local and looking forward to this one, an afternoon in the spinning mule of whatever pub in town called then hopefully a win to round it off. After think 3 straight defeats at the breezeblok going for a 0-2 win. Rhodes to get back to scoring ways.

This morning my mate send me this which made me chuckle "They say 12 years a slave is a film about a man exploited and robbed of his dignity. He wants to try paying £33 to watch Bolton vs Blackburn, a mid table game in the second division. That'd give him something to cry about."

Championship Trivia Quiz

1. Which Bolton player has made the most tackles per game in the Championship this season (3.6)?
  2. Which team makes the least tackles per game at home (13.2)?
  3. Who has made the most accurate number of crosses from corners in the Championship?
  4. Which two Rovers are on loan to Fleetwood?
  5. Which recent opponents have failed to score in their last 6 games (including the one against us!)
  6. Which team has scored the most goals so far (60)?
  7. Which team has a goal difference of -29, a whopping -9 below anyone else?
  8. Which Rover (average rating 7.7) made it into the February Championship Best XI?
  9. Who was our highest rated player (8.0) against Reading?
  10. Poor Jordan. How many games without a goal?

Answers: 1. Medo, 2. Rovers, 3. TC (48), 4. Marrow, Morris 5. Boro, 6. Derby 7. Millwall, 8. Robbo, 9. Conway, 10. 8

Data from whoscored.com. E&OE.

This morning my mate send me this which made me chuckle "They say 12 years a slave is a film about a man exploited and robbed of his dignity. He wants to try paying £33 to watch Bolton vs Blackburn, a mid table game in the second division. That'd give him something to cry about."

Thats is very good Matt :lol:

what about giving the French lad (dabo) a game , lets see what he can do.

Why? Thats senseless. Bowyer and his staff will have 'seen what he can do' every day. If he looked like he can do what Vierra or Toure do then I'm sure he'd be in the team. Even if he's a step down and another N'Zonzi I'm certain he'd be better than anything we have currently. Alternatively if he's another Goulon or Marrow then I don't particularly want to see him and not in a match as important as this one.

looking forward to today game. hoping we take the 3 points and Rhodes gets back to scoring goals again.

rovers 2-1 with Rhodes with both.

my team would be if all are fit.

Robinson; Henley, Hanley, Kilgallon, Spurr; Cairney, Evans, Lowe, Conway; Gestede, Rhodes

Fifty years ago this weekend I was welcomed into the Rovers family with a resounding 5-0 win at Burnden Park. A repeat of that ... 5-0 on my 50th would be sweet!

The Rovers you'll be watching today ES will be one with its only leader on the pitch in the nets and not in amongst the action. A team short on pace and a team if Dunny doesnt play that has no tricks in it that can unlock a team at this level. All your left with is a high ball upto Gestede every time and hope from there.

Rovers are there for the taking today without doubt.

Which team makes the least tackles per game at home (13.2)?

2. Rovers

That's a pretty damning stat as far as our midfield goes.

Until someone tells me that's Rhodes' fault as well, of course!

Archived