BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Myers - director of communications

Tom

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like another good appointment to the board. Add that to the new finance director and confirmation that Shebby will not be returning, things are looking up on and off the pitch.

The days of us being run by agents or a global advisor are hopefully over forever.

Finally Venkys have learnt their lessons in making crazy decisions and making sensible and proper decisions.

now running the club properly and NOT listening to any agents or Shebby.

I give it a week till he resigns citing burnout due to excess Chaddy! :P

dig all you want Tom at me. I couldn't give a toss tbh Tom anymore.

I hope he's not another Agnew, claiming theres no problems whilst the club is being dismantled.

He's only worked at Everton for 6 months, which is quite strange, i wonder what the real issues are there.

• Backroom

Finally Venkys have learnt their lessons in making crazy decisions and making sensible and proper decisions.

now running the club properly and NOT listening to any agents or Shebby.

dig all you want Tom at me. I couldn't give a toss tbh Tom anymore.

Hardly a dig just a gentle rib due to the constant badgering of Nicko etc on twitter

• Backroom

Whether he did or didn't personally think Kean was the main problem for me is by the by now

Alan Myers wasn't complicit in our downfall and to make an enemy of him simply because of an opinion he held isn't going to help things especially if he truly is the right man for the role

• Backroom

I just don't think there is an elephant to hide personally.

Each to their own I'm sure some will hold it against him and that's fair enough but I'm not concerned with his thoughts about ex managers just his credentials

Whether he did or didn't personally think Kean was the main problem for me is by the by now

Alan Myers wasn't complicit in our downfall and to make an enemy of him simply because of an opinion he held isn't going to help things especially if he truly is the right man for the role

Not trying to make an enemy , just want the truth, which should be one of the main qualifications for Director of Communications and unfortunately Sky reporters and pundit's conduct, and their Kean and spiv specials during that period is a big elephant in the room that is not going to go away . Maybe he was just following orders

Clean slate ? probably not, more of a pinch of salt and see how it goes, still one mark in his favour he's not said he's a lifelong Rovers fan :)

Why do we need a Director of Communications, we've not exactly missed one since Agnew left the post about 2 years ago? (Serious question)

it takes a little unnecessary pressure off the manager and whoever is currently been having to take on the extra responsibilities of the job id imagine, Its also another line of communication between club and fans(which is much needed)

When he was on Sky during the Kean era he was probably singing partly from someones hymn sheet, I think they all were. Can't help thinking there is probably a connection somewhere to you know who, maybe just my suspicious mind !

We need to be fair. If he worked for Sky and they were running a particular line, he would have to follow it, whatever his own inclinations. No room for dissent in any of Murdoch's enterprises.

We should give him a chance now and judge him accordingly. Reassured by Glen's remarks.

Archived