BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Myers - director of communications

Tom

Neither did William Roche, Bill Clinton, O.J. Simpson...

What's that one?

Look at the link on Blackburn Ender's post above Leonard.

I see everybody being OVER NEGATIVE about Alan Myers already.

bloody pathetic.

could have at least give him a chance. BUT yet again let be negative!!!

I think Glen Mullan has already Alan was good to the action group during the protests and meetings of the Action Group.

plus Kamy and Glen Mullan have already said this is good appointment by Rovers. I would rather listened to people opinions who have ACTUALLY had dealings with him then most people on this messageboard who have had ZERO dealings with Alan..

I'll give him a chance Chaddy. All he needs to do is apologise for his stance on rovers fans during the Anderson/Agnew and Kean era - a la Leonard's excellent response above. I'd say that's the least he can do...or have you forgotten that smear campaign?

I'll never ever forget.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see everybody being OVER NEGATIVE about Alan Myers already.

bloody pathetic.

could have at least give him a chance. BUT yet again let be negative!!!

I think Glen Mullan has already Alan was good to the action group during the protests and meetings of the Action Group.

plus Kamy and Glen Mullan have already said this is good appointment by Rovers. I would rather listened to people opinions who have ACTUALLY had dealings with him then most people on this messageboard who have had ZERO dealings with Alan..

I will give him a chance, but - joking and irony aside- I do think it would be good if he addressed the issues head on. After all, Chaddy, he was the one that made those comments, not me or any other posters on this MB!

What are we giving him a chance with?

His job has nothing to do the the football or buisnes sides of things at the club, so he can do or say what he pleases, I'm passed caring what non rovers fans think of us fans or our club.

(though saying that, didnt agnew start of in that role and then go on to virtually run/ruin the club!!!!!)

Just watched his interview.

Seems like he will do well for the club if fans let him.

Like his comment about not being here to tell fans to forget about what has gone on for the past couple of years because he appreciates that would be dis-respectful to what we have been through. But he wants to focus on the future.

I think what he may struggle with is that some fans are now in such a negative mindset that they are not willing or able to focus on anything but what we have been through under Venky-ownership.

Anything positive will take time at the very least, and even them some fans will only talk about the club if they get in a negative comment about the owners.

Just watched his interview.

Seems like he will do well for the club if fans let him.

Like his comment about not being here to tell fans to forget about what has gone on for the past couple of years because he appreciates that would be dis-respectful to what we have been through. But he wants to focus on the future.

I think what he may struggle with is that some fans are now in such a negative mindset that they are not willing or able to focus on anything but what we have been through under Venk-ownership.

Anything positive will take time at the very least, and even them some fans can only talk about the club if they get in a negative comment about the owners.

And why might that be?...No explanation, no acknowledgement etc...Pretending nothing has happened is never going to work for a fanbase that has been treated so badly. Well there is just no point in attempting to dress a dirty wound...

Having said that, I can well see it's very convenient to "focus on the future," if that means continuing to avoid the difficult, unresolved issues.

In the words of a notorious "lifelong Rovers fan", we should all just move on...

Well.... surely the future is what it is because of the recent past. You can't seperate the 2 I'm afraid. He needs to address the present and recent past and not bury his head in the sand. No reason to thinki that he won't do this though so good luck to him.

And why might that be?...No explanation, no acknowledgement etc...Pretending nothing has happened is never going to work for a fanbase that has been treated so badly. Well there is just no point in attempting to dress a dirty wound...

Having said that, I can well see it's very convenient to "focus on the future," if that means continuing to avoid the difficult, unresolved issues.

In the words of a notorious "lifelong Rovers fan", we should all just move on...

Did you read the bit where I said - "Like his comment about not being here to tell fans to forget about what has gone on for the past couple of years because he appreciates that would be dis-respectful to what we have been through" ?

God help the bloke trying to engage with some Rovers fans.

He's been disrespectful enough with his own comments about the fans prior to taking this role.

The first thing he needs to do IMO is accept that he was wrong and apologise. There'll be very little 'engagement' until this happens.

Did you read the bit where I said - "Like his comment about not being here to tell fans to forget about what has gone on for the past couple of years because he appreciates that would be dis-respectful to what we have been through" ?

God help the bloke trying to engage with some Rovers fans.

Yes, but you are missing my point. Discussing the future properly means club representatives actively, fully engaging with the past-maybe including his own role with Sky.

And take care not to make the age old mistake of locating the problem within (some) fans ( like me?) or...( perish the thought) people might make the mistake of confusing you Jerome Anderson.

I think you need to listen to the whole of his interview - I only caught bits, but he did say that we needed to learn from the past mistakes. IMO he came across really well - and had nothing but praise for the fans and what they had been through over the last few years. Lets at least give the guy a chance.

Some fans like some people are only happy when they have something to moan about... Must live fantastic lives too?!

If you can't come on here and have a good moan what exactly is the point of living?

Haha..I thought he came over as a good, media savvy type and said all the right things, as you would expect.

My only reservation was in his past...that he was part-albeit a small one -of the media parade that condemned Rovers fans, thereby disqualifying their genuine complaints.

I think that is a reasonable reservation, although I do accept I was taking the p*** a bit ( a lot?) in comparing him to St Paul in his Damascus like conversion to the fans' cause!

I didn't listen to it all. The parts that I heard was a very tame interview, but I did hear him acknowledge the embarrassment of Shebby's media performance.

.I have to say I did rather cringe at his comments that Venky's really want the best for Blackburn Rovers and want to please the fans. It will take more than words here, I feel and I mean that seriously, not just taking the p*** or being negative.

He came over as a right Venky boy.......another brown nose joins the clan.

Haha! Well he was never quite going to come out and say Venky's have f****d it up big time. ...that they allowed them selves to be conned into employing a mendacious, bald con man, who would fleece the club on behalf of a crook...and that they are so very, very sorry ...and plan to put it right...and here is their ten point plan for doing so...beginning with a, b and c....

Now if they had given me the job, being given the mandate to say that would have been a condition of me accepting the post....

Sounded OK to me and came over with real enthusiasm

His message to the Rao's that the only thing that matters at a football club is the manager and the players probably put Balaji in his place.

Despite all that cynicism prevails as a Rovers fan these days and he will have to be careful not get labelled a spin Doctor. He could lose his credibiltiy fast if he tries to bullsh@t us.

Communication was a key issue leading up to the farce at Bolton. More days like that and the natives will turn restless very quickly again.

There is only one way to put that humiliation right and that is a win on Sunday and nothing less.

Archived