SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Myers - director of communications

Tom

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Although he may not have communicated much to the fans as a whole he has been exceptionally helpful to me. I wanted a shirt signed by David Dunn as a surprise birthday present for somebody and he sorted that for me no problem whatsoever.

I also asked him a few questions about getting into football coaching etc and had a reply within hours which was extremely helpful.

Give the man time, it's a huge job to get thousands of fans we may have lost these past few seasons back on side, hopefully he can do it.

Although he may not have communicated much to the fans as a whole he has been exceptionally helpful to me. I wanted a shirt signed by David Dunn as a surprise birthday present for somebody and he sorted that for me no problem whatsoever.

I also asked him a few questions about getting into football coaching etc and had a reply within hours which was extremely helpful.

Give the man time, it's a huge job to get thousands of fans we may have lost these past few seasons back on side, hopefully he can do it.

He won't do it by contacting them individually, not 14000 of them

It's my sons 14th on the 1st April, can he have a large boys with Venkys Out on the back?

Well - at least you have learned something today :rover:

YEA COURSE I DID :blink:

HAVE YOU ASKED HIM ABOUT STICKING UP FOR KEAN AND THE SLAGGING REPORT HE DID? I HAVE LOL

Probably paying him £150k pa to deal in signed shirts. how very venkys!!  Top show but no substance 

Of course when Tom Finn or others organised such minor things it was an indicator of how good the individual was.

No it was part of all round good management of the Club at that time and consistent with what else they did. This guy has done nothing else in 3 weeks as far as I can see so its hardly been a flying start or the release of a carefully thought out manifesto.

I just think announcing him days before the Burnley game that had all the hallmarks of bad timing and so it proved with the Bournemouth game then virtually killing him before he got his coat off. This lot could make a mess out of opening a door.

We might not agree with the Telegraph' s over the top, glossy eyed articles on Rovers.

But we have to agree that this overly positive approach is the right approach to take at this delicate moment in time and if Mr.Myers is behind it then so be it good stuff from him.

We might not agree with the Telegraph' s over the top, glossy eyed articles on Rovers.

But we have to agree that this overly positive approach is the right approach to take at this delicate moment in time and if Mr.Myers is behind it then so be it good stuff from him.

I am really not being funny, but why?

No-one buys into this stuff and it just reduces credibility.( no irony intended)

Better to start from a firm base with some acknowledgement i.e. this is where we are now..this is where we want to be and these are the things we are planning.

@broncoblue69: @Alanmyers2brfc what do YOU genuinely think of what venkys /agents/ kean/PA have done to #Rovers in the last 3 years. HONESTLY !!!

I dont blame Alan for not answering the question to you.

he has already said they have been mistakes made in the past. he really cant say much more than that tbh otherwise his bosses are going to unhappy over it.

he has already said they have been mistakes made in the past. he really cant say much more than that tbh otherwise his bosses are going to unhappy over it.

I'd still quite like to hear an apology over his public slagging of rovers fans at the NW sport awards and on Sky.

That's if, by some miracle, his selective amnesia clears up.

It's not that long ago that John Williams used to openly state to the fans what our situation was, why we might not be able to sign players and might have to sell, being careful about the financial position of the club etc.

Now we have either complete silence or spin doctor cr@p from a puppet

Just thinking about it makes my blood boil (again)

I'd still quite like to hear an apology over his public slagging of rovers fans at the NW sport awards and on Sky.

That's if, by some miracle, his selective amnesia clears up.

Selective amnesia is a very poor foundation for a positive relationship with the fanbase he is trying to engage. It's so bloody basic too!

Oh and if you are reading this Alan, it's not that we are over sensitive or anything. Rather, your selective journalism and use of media power helped undermine the efforts of a marginalised group to get heard at what was their lowest point. But never mind, eh!

Was ignoring you until I saw the quote and you are referring to me ..

The difference between you and me is that I don't asshole and brown nose everyone for answers . I don't sugar coat and creep to everyone .

I best be quiet , I don't want to threatened by you because I'm scared .

Ps the above is in chaddy language ???!!??!! Satableman

So we are Indian owned (allegedly) and now on the ground we are being run by a dyed in the wool Knob ender and a couple of staunch Evertonians. Meanwhile in clampetville they are run by people who are true supporters and despite not having a pot to p##s in, small squad, crowds etc look at them now. Stability in mid champ at best forever more me thinks ! It's a nice cushty little number for all involved.

Archived