BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Myers - director of communications

Tom

Im sure I saw this bloke(myers) randomly plonk himself down in an empty seat at at the front of the riverside on Tuesday night during the 2nd half, wearing a big black rovers coat.

almost akin to working for Orange and tweeting about EE (other network providers are available) and not very professional when he set it up as an account for his Rovers job when he already had his Everton account. Not exactly what you'd expect from a (relatively) highly paid executive...

sorry to be pedantic but Orange are actually now owned by EE(as are 1 or 2 other mobile providers inc. T-Mobile)

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a man who is on the Blackburn Rovers FC payroll; he should be told by his superiors (whoever they are) that his actions are disrespectful to Rovers fans and completely out of order. Any feelings he may have for Everton should be private.

• Backroom

Im sure I saw this bloke(myers) randomly plonk himself down in an empty seat at at the front of the riverside on Tuesday night during the 2nd half, wearing a big black rovers coat.

sorry to be pedantic but Orange are actually now owned by EE(as are 1 or 2 other mobile providers inc. T-Mobile)

You possibly did he was in the blackburn end first half and he said the top tier of the blackburn end second half but maybe moved around

This is a man who is on the Blackburn Rovers FC payroll; he should be told by his superiors (whoever they are) that his actions are disrespectful to Rovers fans and completely out of order. Any feelings he may have for Everton should be private.

Fully agree, he's under qualified but he could at least act professional its the bare minimum you would expect. Nobody can expect him not to support his boyhood club but keep it in private not on an account set up when he got the rovers job and followed by thousands of rovers fans

You possibly did he was in the blackburn end first half and he said the top tier of the blackburn end second half but maybe moved around

Fully agree, he's under qualified but he could at least act professional its the bare minimum you would expect. Nobody can expect him not to support his boyhood club but keep it in private not on an account set up when he got the rovers job and followed by thousands of rovers fans

if it was him, he seemed a bit of a sad lonesome figure, not the chirpy chappy you see in his interviews, although once he'd sat down he was completely out of my site so he may have cheered up and been chatting with the locals(though I doubt many people away from this site would even know who he is, never mind what he looked like)

Just checked his pic, he sat in front of me in the BBE for about 10 minutes in the first half.

He never spoke to anyone. I didn't realise it was him. Damn.

Hopefully that's just part of the learning curve

This phrase...

Blackburn Rovers are the biggest learning curve to ever grace football... "The owners are learning" "The manager is learning" and now this chap...

Here's a thought perhaps everyone is really sh*t at their jobs?

Alarming that we have a director of communicaions that doesn't even know how to use Twitter properly!

He claims his picture of the Everton coffee cup was aimed at one of his friends – and not all of his followers...

I had a brief chat with him on twitter last night, seemed a genuinely sound guy, but as I kind of said to him the owners nhave to come out of hidding and show a genuine open interest in the club, they have to start leading by example and until they do little will really change.

I saw him too. Was on the 3rd or 4th row. Quite a few rows in front of where I sit, probably around seat 70-75.

As alluded to by others, once he sat down I lost sight of him.

• 2 weeks later...

Good move by the Club and Mr Myers regarding Mr and Mrs Birdie.

Are the same Mr and Mrs still waiting for the promised payment from the Venkys - the one when they went to Poona for the Rovers game under their own steam rather than the paid for attempt to try and win over the influencers within our fan base.

I recall it was either the Chuckle Bros or Madame D who said they would refund travel costs for Birdie and a few others.

Good move by the Club and Mr Myers regarding Mr and Mrs Birdie.

Are the same Mr and Mrs still waiting for the promised payment from the Venkys - the one when they went to Poona for the Rovers game under their own steam rather than the paid for attempt to try and win over the influencers within our fan base.

I recall it was either the Chuckle Bros or Madame D who said they would refund travel costs for Birdie and a few others.

Get the feeling that birdy and his good lady have been used once more by the club that they love so much.

Sorry to sound cynical but it was the first thing I thought as well...

If there is any truth to what we think, then the counter action is that there are far more dedicated and loyal Rovers supporters out there than just Birdy and his good lady for the club to focus on which there are.

A nice gesture.

Cynics will point out it is part of the clubs PR campaign, which it obviously is.

But whatever the motivations of the club, doing something nice for a loyal supporter can only be a good thing in my opinion.

• Backroom

He's been coming out with some right crap on twitter, first that fans should just focus on promotion when asked about Venkys, now saying bowyer respects the fans he just wants them to remain positive like he is.

May be a thankless task but so far he doesn't seem to be excelling in it

He's been coming out with some right crap on twitter, first that fans should just focus on promotion when asked about Venkys, now saying bowyer respects the fans he just wants them to remain positive like he is.

May be a thankless task but so far he doesn't seem to be excelling in it

Tend to agree young tom , but the 10,000 or so stayaways ain't gonna swallow those pills and neither are the ones peed to the core ,

Lip service no thank you , horses mouth or nothing !!!

Archived