BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Myers - director of communications

Tom

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, you're in full WUM mode at the moment. Is your account shared with different people?

The timing of your return is suspicious though. Have you made friends with Al, and told him you'll back him up or are you personal friends with Dan Clough - who is getting a bit of stick at the moment too?

You seem as hell bent on alienating fans and looking to the positives as Kean was. People need some honesty from the club and you, Myers and Clough aren't helping.

Back on the topic of Myers, I can't help but wonder if the reason for him leaving Everton was a promise of this directorship, by whomever recruited him in the first place.

I resent that. He's no friend of mine. Don't know what your point is.

Mr Myers has just tweeted on his Everton related account that he's leaving twitter.

Boner, there's no problem at all with him having a day off.

I just don't think we need anyone in this position on the Board as it shows the owners are still missing the point.

His last tweet on his rovers account was before kick off yesterday ... His Everton one he's been on it all day.

Speaks volumes .

How dare he have a day off!

Good point Marton. We need people at the club fully committed to making Rovers successful. One of our now senior guys could do to be less conspicuously a fan of another club.

Now, is anyone going to guess the name of his BRFCS account? I'm going for 'chaddyrovers'. :P

Good point Marton. We need people at the club fully committed to making Rovers successful. One of our now senior guys could do to be less conspicuously a fan of another club.

Now, is anyone going to guess the name of his BRFCS account? I'm going for 'chaddyrovers'. :P

What have Paul Hunt. , Derek Shaw , Paul Agnew , Steve Kean , Shebby Singh and Alan Myers all got in common ?

Simple . Paid lip service with no real answers .

Each one has said the same thing , forget the owners. , mistakes have been made , let's all look forwards rather than backwards .

In other words forgive and forget , don't expect an apology and don't expect an audience , the owners will do what they want , when they want and pay who they want to keep their subjects quiet. !!!!!!

Heard the same spool for over three years and I ain't buying it , the only people I want to see answering questions is the Raos , if they choose not to , then they have learnt nothing , the sooner they pack their bags and buggar off the better !

Now I've not agreed with all you've done and your viewpoint in the past BUT this is an excellent post. Absolutely spot on.

And worryingly this is one of the big stumbling blocks, fans will never be won back - if they ever can - whilst there is no apology for what has been done wrong.

Interestingly reading the other day on a bbc article that generally football fans don't use too much official websites as they're seen as propaganda (hence. the article argued, the importance of local media.) Now given this is the general perception from relatively normal clubs, how much our club publicity need to do to get any credence let alone have a positive impact must be huge. A radical overhaul is needed - certainly not more lip service. Won't happen though.

What have Paul Hunt. , Derek Shaw , Paul Agnew , Steve Kean , Shebby Singh and Alan Myers all got in common ?Simple . Paid lip service with no real answers .Each one has said the same thing , forget the owners. , mistakes have been made , let's all look forwards rather than backwards .In other words forgive and forget , don't expect an apology and don't expect an audience , the owners will do what they want , when they want and pay who they want to keep their subjects quiet. !!!!!!Heard the same spool for over three years and I ain't buying it , the only people I want to see answering questions is the Raos , if they choose not to , then they have learnt nothing , the sooner they pack their bags and buggar off the better !

I think a lot feel like this but I don't.

I agree that an apology would be nice. But mainly I just want them to keep financing putting right what they messed up and leave football people to talk on behalf of the club.

I

To address a couple of points, becoming a director (with the legal and reputational responsibility that entails) of a sinking ship is not much of an incentive to leave what you would have thought was a pretty decent gig at Everton.

Being an Everton fan in itself is not a problem, nor would be continuing to support them in a way that did not interfere with Myers' day job. We're all of us (mostly) grown up enough to appreciate employees of Rovers will come from different backgrounds and clubs.

The problem Myers has to address is the poisonous relationship between club and supporters caused entirely by the misdeeds of his bosses in India. He might be the best communications officer in the world, but no amount of good or positive PR is going to do any good while the Raos continue to own our club.

And an apology from the Raos, without any obvious sincerity, or real evidence of either change or willingness to sell up, would be meaningless.

The new finance director actually has much the simpler job because all he can deal with are the financial facts and advise the best strategy possible for reducing the debt as quickly as possible and there are only a small number of (legal) ways this can be achieved.

The problem Myers has to address is the poisonous relationship between club and supporters caused entirely by the misdeeds of his bosses in India. He might be the best communications officer in the world, but no amount of good or positive PR is going to do any good while the Raos continue to own our club.

And an apology from the Raos, without any obvious sincerity, or real evidence of either change or willingness to sell up, would be meaningless.

The new finance director actually has much the simpler job because all he can deal with are the financial facts and advise the best strategy possible for reducing the debt as quickly as possible and there are only a small number of (legal) ways this can be achieved.

Whilst i agree with the majority of your post can't really agree with the bit highlighted in bold.

I would argue the poisonous relationship between the club and its supporters was created not in India but in the press office and later the board room at Ewood , and the alternative "boardroom's" in Barnet and Switzerland, and was enhanced by certain pundits and reporters ( of which Mr Myers was one (pre selective amnesia)) on a certain satellite sports station who sourced a lot of their anti Rovers supporter pundits from a certain agency .

Also special mentions to various red top journos who jumped on the band wagon and the League managers association who in my search have still not released any press release or comment about the libel case involving two of their members and also any comment on one of their members conviction for drink driving but were quick to release a statement about Blackburn Rovers supporters.

So while the Rao's and Desai's have a lot to answer and apologise for ,the demonisation of supporters of the club is way down the list and we should look a lot closer to home for the culprits.

Of course it could be argued that if the Rao's and Desai's cared one little bit about the club and it's supporters they could have removed those appointed by them to advise/ run the club when the anti-fan bandwagon started, which prompts a much bigger question.

Maybe we can expect another video interview with the owners?

I believe the last message to the fans was "We're confused", so any update on that would be greatly appreciated.

Any chance of changing 'snowballs for handshakes' is just wishful thinking.

They have been the worst owners in English football over the last few years (not all of which was down to 'naivety') so if they think that people are going to forgive them they are very much mistaken.

• Backroom

So at weekend he deleted his prodiminently Everton twitter account and keeps his new rovers one and now is tweeting a load of Everton stuff on that

This guy is meant to be a board member at Blackburn Rovers its terribly unprofessional at best and shows how under qualified he is for a role on the board

Some would say it's a crafty move by Mr Everton, he carries on what he was doing in his role at the toffees but gets paid by Blackburn Rovers. If it goes t#ts up he'll probably wander off with a nice payoff like the previous goon.

almost akin to working for Orange and tweeting about EE (other network providers are available) and not very professional when he set it up as an account for his Rovers job when he already had his Everton account. Not exactly what you'd expect from a (relatively) highly paid executive...

• Moderation Lead

Or he could at least keep the Everton stuff to himself and attempt to toe the party line.

I expect he's being paid fairly handsomely for his services...

Why are things never simple for us?

Archived