BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Myers - director of communications

Tom

Maybe its just frustration speaking with me and if he brings in better players during the summer to play the system then I'll admit I'm wrong. Still have a nasty feeling that come October we'll have the same midfield and having the same debate.

Still maintain that Venky's past record of selection should not enter into the debate though. This is purely a debate on the manager's ability to manage an under achieving team in what was a golden opportunity.

Same midfield of Conway/Cairney/Evans/Marshall, would that not be a good thing? All bowyer signings too.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As soon as we have a bad result all the bad habits built up at the club in recent years come out and this will continue IMO until there is a change at the top. GB is alright but he's obviously under pressure and any sign of failure makes him revert to S K mode, I.e. Being ridiculously positive and lashing out at any negativity. He makes so many excuses for us not winning and slams the same fans he has been praising for weeks on end. Speaking to the owners through the press is something we are sick of and this so called Communications Director needs to take that on board and not allow this to happen. I expect the wagons to be circled around the club as soon as the faint play off chance has gone with another info blackout until 'decisions have been made' or the heat is off in other words.

Pure makes me sick. - Venkys Out!

I judge individuals by the impact they make on an organisation or to a particular situation.

Has Alan Myers made a difference in the weeks since he was appointed - not from what I can see.

If part of his brief is to 'mend' the relationship between fans and owners then he should have very strongly advised V's that they should have been at Ewood yesterday, following their brown nosing with Liz the previous day, instead of scuttling off back to India.

Bowyer's post match interview was crass and what I find disturbing is the number of well known journalistic connections to Rovers attempting to 're-write it or spin it as misinterpretation'.

What also disturbs me is what I consider to be a very poor quality of Rovers Exec. management.

Bottom line, IMV, is, what others have said, Rovers decline will not be halted until we see a change in ownership with the likes of Shelfy, Myers and Bowyer swept away with the rubbish.

I would like to think Myers is genuine but some of the guff he is spouting, via Twitter, is not necessary. Whilst he might have a point with what he is saying, it also comes across cringe worthy.

Just on the 'well if Venkys stayed for the match, they would get abuse'...

Tough. If they actually gave two keans they'd have realised that they are going to have to put up with that until the fans feel anything like giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Suck it up.

Just on the 'well if Venkys stayed for the match, they would get abuse'...

Tough. If they actually gave two keans they'd have realised that they are going to have to put up with that until the fans feel anything like giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Suck it up.

If they arrived in one ordinary car, instead of 3 limos and spent the match(65 mins anyway) in one of the boxes, I doubt they would receive

any abuse, and then at least they would look like they care a bit.

Respect your viewpoint Rev and I know lots of people who felt the sameway. For me at the start the season I felt that a top 6 finish was unrealistic considering the following:

* Disfunctional squad which had been losing matches on a consistent basis for three years

* Total and utter meltdown behind the scenes throughout 2013/2014 season

* Budget cuts (although this could be achieved by getting rid of the players like Gomes, Murphy the Portugese Contingent)

* An executive structure that wasn't able to effectively run the club

* The completely destroyed scouting network

* A fanbase which was largely disillusioned

The above were major obstacles, and while they don't directly contribute to the on pitch action, it is fair to say that the circus that had gone at Rovers during the 2013-2014 had a major impact on the player performances. So Bowyer walked into all of that, now he took the job knowing all of this so cannot hide behind it but anyone walking into the job last June would have found the most challenging environment you could imagine. Slowly he has reshaped the squad, adhered to the budget cuts and bought a sense of normality down at Brockhall. He has also made big strides into putting the scouting network back together and has worked to ensure that the footballing decision are made by footballing people rather that people with vested interests. So for me I am prepared to give him a chance next season, the clubs such as Leicester, Burnley, Derby and Brighton who are doing well have had the core of their squad together for 18 months, we haven't.

That said, the last 4 weeks have been hugely disappointing that 6th place has been there for the taking and we have not grabbed it. No doubt that in those games Bowyer could/should have made different decisions which may have got us some more positive results. Does that mean we should sack him? My personal opinion is No. Give him the start of next season, let's see if he has learned the lessons from this. If he hasn't and results aren't good then sure make a change but he deserves the chance in my opinion to start next season. The added complication is Venky's, if they sack will we end up with someone better? History suggests that we won't.

You sound like these people at the club have you in their pocket as their spokesman now it would seem.

Not sure how widely it is known but I understand that Venky's have made a very substantial contribution to the fabric fund at Blackburn Cathedral.

The cynics could have a field day.

Tones of Ali Syed.

"If we stay positive, positive things will happen" was tweeted by a- David Brent b-Steve Kean c- Alan Myers or d- David Cameron

Next week - How Feng Shui can help with the play off push

and this one:-

Alan Myers2 @Alanmyers2brfc Apr 3

if you surround yourself with positive people, positive things will happen to you!

There were many more like this too. Reminds me of this nice gentleman:-

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2010/dec/21/blackburn-rovers-venkys-jerome-anderson

'Anderson who, an obsessive observer of players and compulsive positive thinker, will believe he can help deliver it'.

Given the circumstances outlined in Kamy's analysis and the general feeling around the place at the start of the season a top ten finish would have been acceptable. A bit more respect on and off the pitch from the ownwers and there is a feeling of getting the club back and being run properly. Craig Short is a Rovers man as well and the backroom guys are really steeped in the club.

What is strange is that given the opportunity to go for the play offs we have spurned every chance.

The sterilty of team selection, game plan and lack of leadership is there for all to see. I cannot believe we do not want promotion but to have got so close and to put up a performance like Friday is incredible in the circumstances.

The conclusion must be that there is a lack of ambition somewhere and that can only be from the top.

Same midfield of Conway/Cairney/Evans/Marshall, would that not be a good thing? All bowyer signings too.

Two can play at this game. A midfield of Lowe/Feeey/Marrow/Varney grab you. 3 Bowyer signings and his lovechild. [i know 2 are on loan and one is out on loan. Hopefully the two here on loan don't sign and the one out on loan doesn't come back or either midfield is a possibility next season

• 2 weeks later...

Myers describing 9/11 for Sky News???

" Well it was a beautiful September morning and the sun was shining in the sky. We were amazed to see a fantastic bonfire and an ornamental display of different coloured objects, drifting from the top of the tower.."

Just thinking what a fantastic appointment this has turned into. Has anybody heard a peep out of this bloke? What exactly is he communicating ?

That bridge building with the fans is going down a treat so far??? I have never felt a closer bond with our owners ........FFS

Just thinking what a fantastic appointment this has turned into. Has anybody heard a peep out of this bloke? What exactly is he communicating ?

That bridge building with the fans is going down a treat so far??? I have never felt a closer bond with our owners ........FFS

How does it go,

if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all

Correct

Archived