BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Myers - director of communications

Tom

He's been coming out with some right crap on twitter, first that fans should just focus on promotion when asked about Venkys, now saying bowyer respects the fans he just wants them to remain positive like he is.

May be a thankless task but so far he doesn't seem to be excelling in it

At least Cryer, Kamy & Chaddy are letting him know the score:

Andrew Cryer ‏@andrew_cryer 33m

@Northern_Rover the reaction is ridiculous. Yes, you were rubbish. You were v good against qpr. That is what happens in football

Northern Rover ‏@Northern_Rover 31m

@andrew_cryer I agree, expectations are ridiculously high. I am happy with the progress considering the circus he inherited.

Chris Chadwick ‏@Roversfan4ever 8m

@Alanmyers2brfc @andrew_cryer @Northern_Rover can u tell Gary that we are still behind it as manager and understand the job he has done

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

You have to wonder if he's in for a shock himself, Paul Hunt found out it doesn't matter what you want to do or if you have good intentions ultimately you are a yes man and can't provide fans with real answers

At least Cryer, Kamy & Chaddy are letting him know the score:Andrew Cryer ‏@andrew_cryer 33m@Northern_Rover the reaction is ridiculous. Yes, you were rubbish. You were v good against qpr. That is what happens in footballNorthern Rover ‏@Northern_Rover 31m@andrew_cryer I agree, expectations are ridiculously high. I am happy with the progress considering the circus he inherited.Chris Chadwick ‏@Roversfan4ever 8m@Alanmyers2brfc @andrew_cryer @Northern_Rover can u tell Gary that we are still behind it as manager and understand the job he has done

Chaddy, what gives you speaking as "we"? No problems you having your own opinion fella, but are you trying to put your view as the view of the fans?

We???

I have been talking to some friends who are Rovers fans and some fans on social media who are still behind Bowyer as manager and think he doing a good job.

If you disagree then i respect your view and strongly disagree. we will just have agree to disagree.

We???

I have been talking to some friends who are Rovers fans and some fans on social media who are still behind Bowyer as manager and think he doing a good job.

If you disagree then i respect your view and strongly disagree. we will just have agree to disagree.

Yes your use of "we" to Alan Myers Chaddy,

Wether I agree or disagree with your opinion is not what Im pointing at, Im not keen on people putting their opinion forward as "we" (i.e. all the fans). I, and many other could send a tweet saying "we" (the fans) want Bowyer removing. I know you wouldn't be happy with me putting that forward in your name.

We???

Idiot. We suggests a majority and I would say its 50:50. Stop speaking for the fan base.

Yes your use of "we" to Alan Myers Chaddy,

Wether I agree or disagree with your opinion is not what Im pointing at, Im not keen on people putting their opinion forward as "we" (i.e. all the fans). I, and many other could send a tweet saying "we" (the fans) want Bowyer removing. I know you wouldn't be happy with me putting that forward in your name.

"We" ..want our Rovers back!

Mr Myers would be better having a look at the LT comments tonight, I would say the vast majority are having a right

go at GB for his and the teams dire performance, some excellent posts too.

I hope Mr Wheelock is taking note, ' the natives are restless ' Andy Cryer didn't always.

Anyone know whether Wheelock is a Rover btw ?

We???

Clown WTF are you on... Any decent manager would of got this side up

You have to wonder if he's in for a shock himself, Paul Hunt found out it doesn't matter what you want to do or if you have good intentions ultimately you are a yes man and can't provide fans with real answers

200k payout might smooth the way. As the previous. ?

Can certainly see why he got the job with his latest keep positive avoid the question twitter session and the non answering of questions about the flying state visit of the Pune massive yesterday , from a venomous snake to a silver tongue lizard (with selective amnesia) , Blackburn Rovers Predictable Reptile department the gift that keeps on giving.

Think I preferred him when he was letting Rovers supporters know how great Everton are.

That wasn't from me, it was from Chaddy.

Apologies Kamy. I struggle with those twitter paste jobs.

Which was your comment, the 'ridiculously high expectations' one? Or was that also Chaddy.

When the manager talks about 'still being in the play-off hunt' with 3 games left then I don't think it's a ridiculously high expectation to believe we should be winning against the team bottom of the league, with 4 games left.

Bowyer is starting to make it sound like our recent wins were simply down to the law of averages.

Apologies Kamy. I struggle with those twitter paste jobs.

Which was your comment, the 'ridiculously high expectations' one? Or was that also Chaddy.

When the manager talks about 'still being in the play-off hunt' with 3 games left then I don't think it's a ridiculously high expectation to believe we should be winning against the team bottom of the league, with 4 games left.

Bowyer is starting to make it sound like our recent wins were simply down to the law of averages.

That was my comment, I know a number of fans who have ridiculously high expectations of the club, taking into account that we are not the club that we were 5 years ago both on and off the pitch. My personal feeling is that you need to have a properly structured club both on and off the pitch to mount a serious promotion challenge, at present we are way off that situation. On the pitch Bowyer has stabalised things and am hoping he can push on next season, but off the pitch we are still no where near stable. Taking that into account my expectations for this season was to try and get into the top 10. Of course over the last 3 weeks we have been presented with a golden chance to get into the playoff's which we have blown which is a huge shame.

That was my comment, I know a number of fans who have ridiculously high expectations of the club, taking into account that we are not the club that we were 5 years ago both on and off the pitch. My personal feeling is that you need to have a properly structured club both on and off the pitch to mount a serious promotion challenge, at present we are way off that situation. On the pitch Bowyer has stabalised things and am hoping he can push on next season, but off the pitch we are still no where near stable. Taking that into account my expectations for this season was to try and get into the top 10. Of course over the last 3 weeks we have been presented with a golden chance to get into the playoff's which we have blown which is a huge shame.

I don't really know what is happening off the field as we are never told anything. On the pitch we have missed several opportunities to kick on this season and I don't buy the top ten theory. We have been conditioned to accept second best over the past three years and quite simply lots of fans have been sucked in to accept this. Had we got in the playoffs would you have readily accepted defeat because you didn't expect to be there? There has been plenty of big talk coming out of Ewood over the past few weeks and the number of points we have dropped contradicts these words.

We have been treading water this season and will continue to do so under this manager.

But the tweet doesn't say that 'a number of fans have ridiculously high expectations' (a very narrow framing statement), it says 'I agree, expectations are ridiculously high' (a very wide framing statement).

I don't see what Bowyer is going to do differently next season. He must be close to knowing his best side by now but keeps making the same mistakes (Lowe in CM unless forced otherwise; poor substitutions; not able to react when oppo managers make tactical changes; playing 4-4-2 with a very narrow midfield brought about due to his choice to play wingers on their 'wrong' side).

In my own mind, I have summed up the difference between Burnley and Rovers as being down to the man in charge being 'a decent manager' vs 'a decent coach'. I stand by that.

Who was feeding these high expectations Chaddy?

Certainly not a large percentage of the support who were happy/resigned with/to mid table mediocrity /stability.

Who mentioned the push for promotion.play offs?

Who has been rattling on about a play off push?

So some supporters have high expectations because of ?

And some of the fans have kept their side of the high expectations guff they were being told to expect and yet who has not kept their side of the bargain?

Who should get the blame ? the supporters again?

Archived