BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Myers - director of communications

Tom

Wholeheartedly commited but don't agree that battering Myer's door down and expecting him to listen to anti Rao vitriol after 5 minutes is a sensible approach if you require onside, sensible and honest dialogue.

I don't think any of that is on the table with the Raos anyway, Myers is just the latest in fending off the peasants.

Asking for an apology for the fans is not vitriol

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think any of that is on the table with the Raos anyway, Myers is just the latest in fending off the peasants.

Asking for an apology for the fans is not vitriol

If that's what's been asked fair enough, I'd endorse that.

You may be right regarding Myers, only time will tell.

Personally, for now I'd prefer to give him the benefit of doubt and let him live or die by what he does/says in the coming weeks. I suspect he's got a bigger task than he envisaged.

If that's what's been asked fair enough, I'd endorse that.

You may be right regarding Myers, only time will tell.

Personally, for now I'd prefer to give him the benefit of doubt and let him live or die by what he does/says in the coming weeks. I suspect he's got a bigger task than he envisaged.

Oh I see, you just assumed, dangerous thing to do is that!

I 1st asked

"when are our charlatan owners going to say sorry for the destruction of our club"

I then asked (having not got a reaction)

"When are the Raos going to say sorry to the fans for destroying the club?"

Still no response, now I could also assume that he has a hymn sheet to work to but that would be dangerous no?

The biggest task he has is talking to the Raos in person

Wholeheartedly commited but don't agree that battering Myer's door down and expecting him to listen to anti Rao vitriol after 5 minutes is a sensible approach if you require onside, sensible and honest dialogue.

We need to lie and pretend then ?

• Backroom

He's welcomed fans into his office and spoke with them at length and spoke outside Ewood to anyone that wanted to and also made an appearance on radio lancs

And ignored any REAL questions ..I asked 4 different people on Weds night what they thought of the new director of communications. ...not 0NE of them had heard of him or his role.

Now that spoke volumes to me .

I think he went into the role blindly and full of hope he could do things and then when he saw the true picture he's crapped his pants and is now towing the feathered line .

I sent him an email on Tuesday evening and got a reply back quite soon after. he essentially said he knew there were things wrong and he would try and address them but he did stress that it will take time.

Do we really think he'll sit there on the phone to a Venky and repeat the stuff that fans are asking him, even in a polite manner ? Do we really think a Venky would give him some answers to pass on to the fans ? He'll be as in the dark as the rest of us they'll just want him as a spin doctor and leave it to him probably. How many clubs in the Championship of our size need a flippin director of communications. Remember we had a Global Advisor now we have a DOC. It's window dressing again.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry just had a look at his twitter and he's looking into free wifi .. Whoop woop legend haha

Er there are more things to worry about Ffs than wifi!!

I'll tell you what Abbey - you must be very good at your job - you have very high expectations of him that he can turn around 3 years of mis-management in a few weeks.

I'll tell you what Abbey - you must be very good at your job - you have very high expectations of him that he can turn around 3 years of mis-management in a few weeks.

Perhaps if he tried to communicate with ALL the fans and didn't just twit to those he deems worthy, people might be more on board. At present he hasn't done a thing communication wise with the fans, people will just begin to think same old same old another croney taking a nice salary for nought.

Im guessing Abbey is expecting of the things to be done WIFI really isnt near the top of anyones list.

Anyway, any news on the Teaparty? If he really wants to make a difference he needs to start being a bit quicker at organising such events.

Exactly. Before you go announcing yourself and appearing on Radio giving it the big un about the owners and bridge building you would think the plan was ready to be rolled out. But no , a couple of dodgy results and he aint got anything to say.

We all know this appointment is a sham because after 3 and half years of absolute murder and sh1te from the Loons how can any right minded person think appointing this bloke was gonna move things forward.

I am highly dubious of the story surrounding his departure from his boyhood dream job to this crock of sh1te any way.

lets just say not hopeful about this guys likely impact. Certainly not a roaring start is it????

Archived