BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager? What would you do?

It's not the asking, it's the getting. If you punch a midget in the eye and end up in court every time, why do it again?

It's a bit like getting your tactics wrong and continuing to use the same again and again. Like I said elsewhere, damned if we do and don't. I hate Venkys.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The OP of this topic sums it up, "who'd come?"

When Sam was sacked we could have had our pick (still of managers all worse than Sam but at least decent ones), when Kean was sacked there were a handful of good options left, but now? Anyone out there who has a decent record at a decent level in english football and would consider coming to Rovers should immediately be on the shortlist. I get laughed at every time I say this but Gary Megson is an obvious choice for me. Although I've noticed the laughing gets a bit quieter as the months go by and it becomes more and more obvious what an unnattractive prospect we are now.

Its either a similar unnattractive, but under-rated, manager like Megson. A European unknown who's done well in some minor league (like Berg) or a domestic unknown who's done well at a lower level (like Ince), or an ex-player (like Short). Know what I'd go for.

• Backroom

I'm afraid to say that I'm now in the Bowyer Out camp.

Tonight they were rubbish. Flat. Gutless. Disinterested. Expected a reaction after Sunday, but nope.

Even more gutted tonight than I was Sunday tbh. They've given up.

I'm afraid to say that I'm now in the Bowyer Out camp.

Tonight they were rubbish. Flat. Gutless. Disinterested. Expected a reaction after Sunday, but nope.

Even more gutted tonight than I was Sunday tbh. They've given up.

who would you bring in as manager Mike?

I agree the players have given up on playoffs.

How about North of the border?

Jackie McNamara - good records at Partick and Dundee Utd (could be a Nicko 'gem' though)

Terry Butcher - not doing great at Hibs early on, but was brilliant at ICT

Ally McCoist - too far fetched?

sadly your bosses cant just sack unless you do something.serious wrong..

In football they can, have and do.

Can I once again remind everyone that we are 1 point better off at this stage of the season than we were last season.

At the 34 game stage we were 2 defeats and a draw away from sacking Appleton. So unless Bowyer get's some remarkable results in the next 3 games we will be entering the period when he took over from Appleton in roughly the same shape as we were then.

It's all getting a bit deja vu.

How about North of the border?

Jackie McNamara - good records at Partick and Dundee Utd (could be a Nicko 'gem' though)

Terry Butcher - not doing great at Hibs early on, but was brilliant at ICT

Ally McCoist - too far fetched?

I wouldn't have Butcher the way the man conducted himself at Caley when he was on the way to Hibs was an absolute disgrace perhaps that just me though I have a soft spot for Caley as my parents live just out side Inverness and my dad has an season ticket there. As for McCoist he's a hopeless manager even the Rangers fans want him out. If you were to look North of the border for a manger then I think Stuart McCall is probably the best candidate up there, he done a very good job at Motherwell.

probably not showing up for work constantly, like these players did tonight (and a lot of nights), not showing much interest when I was there (etc)

but they cant just sack you unless you are a temp worker..

any employee has employment rights.

we all have bad days at work. or dont look interest in the job. only natural

Yes, and I stick by it, but I can't be bothered to argue it,

Bowyer has a lot in common with with Kean, but the argument's lost...

his interview tonight was either from keans book of bollux or straight from the venkys you say it this way or else crap

but they cant just sack you unless you are a temp worker..

any employee has employment rights.

we all have bad days at work. or dont look interest in the job. only natural

but if they fixed the game tonight? then what?

i cant believe any footballer at any level could or would play that heaertless and not put a tackle in...at one point when 0-1 they put together 20ish passes together and we didnt challenge ONE

but if they fixed the game tonight? then what?

i cant believe any footballer at any level could or would play that heaertless and not put a tackle in...at one point when 0-1 they put together 20ish passes together and we didnt challenge ONE

fix tonight game???

what a load of sh!t again Abbey. you are talking a load of crap.

Archived