BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager? What would you do?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a crap shoot whatever.

However, anybody that has done well with a team in the past would do. We have to hope for them to repeat that with us. We are in such a parlous position that we can't hope for any but the most, well, spoiled former managers.

Peter Reid would do. Or Boothroyd. Or Dowie. Or Coyle.

Or anyone at all, even, that is actual manager.

We are at the lowest ebb I can ever remember.

My choice - beg Souness to come back. We desperately need someone to wipe out the decks of all the dross.

• Backroom

Bowyer has brought in 18 players whether we like it or not its a work in progress and he will have time to build slowly

Not sure a tactical brain is something that can be installed where there is none though

• Moderation Lead

To anyone that wants a new manager. Please turn off your computer, and don't start it up again before tomorrow. Your head is clearly not working.

So, you don't think under a different manager, this squad wouldn't have done better?

I would stick with Bowyer as manager. IMO doing a good job. very disappointed about today but these things happen. wish it hadn't but sadly it did.

I defo do not agree that Bowyer has the lost the fans at all. a lot of fans understand that Bowyer is trying to rebuild a club and playing staff after the previous 3 seasons of turmoil that happened at the club.

if Bowyer was to be sack then I would go for Tony Mowbray or Simon Grayson. both would be realistic choices and both have experience of the championship

aren't Clarke and Mackay still waiting for their payoff from the previous club where they was sacked at.

Souness aint interested in football management anymore as he has said many times on Sky Sports

K-Hod, we don't know how the squad would have done under a different manager. far too hypothetical and basically guessing.

I would stick with Bowyer as manager. IMO doing a good job. very disappointed about today but these things happen. wish it hadn't but sadly it did.

I defo do not agree that Bowyer has the lost the fans at all. a lot of fans understand that Bowyer is trying to rebuild a club and playing staff after the previous 3 seasons of turmoil that happened at the club.

if Bowyer was to be sack then I would go for Tony Mowbray or Simon Grayson. both would be realistic choices and both have experience of the championship

aren't Clarke and Mackay still waiting for their payoff from the previous club where they was sacked at.

Souness aint interested in football management anymore as he has said many times on Sky Sports

That post was entirely predictable.

all we ever hear from you chaddy is bowyer is trying to rebuild the club, first of all that's not his job, its the job of the owners, bowyers job is win games, prove how tactically ept he is, he hasn't done that enough, when will you stop making excuses for him?

Mowbray is a terrible manager, Grayson would be an excellent choice though.

Bowyer doesn't learn from his mistakes and is often outwitted by fellow managers.

Get in Grayson and a few signings, just add a bit of experience and attacking potency and maybe we can do something next year.

Keep Robinson, Kean, Spurr, Kilgallon, Hanley, Lowe, Evans, Cairney, Conway, King, Marshall, Dunn, Rhodes, Gestede, Judge.

Sign a sub centre back with experience, a right back, a sub full back, a central midfielder and another striker. No 12th choice wingers.

I was fully expecting some fans to moaned about my backing for Bowyer.

BUT I have said who I would go as next manager if Bowyer does go. I wouldn't sack him but I am Rovers fan at the end of the day.

Like I said last week .. Venkys could do anything and you would be happy.

Grow a pair chaddy and stop being a weed

Personally, I'd be more than happy to stick with Bowyer for next season. He seems to be taking a long term view which is the only way forward now that the owners have destroyed everything that Jack built up. As a club the overwhelming message that has come out this season is that the wage bill must be reduced at all costs. That isn't compatible with building a promotion winning squad. Hopefully, some astute signings in the summer and with the likes of O'Connell and O'Connor returning after gaining experience elsewhere this season may enable us to build a leaner and meaner squad - rather like Burnley have done over the past 18 months. Bowyer has made mistakes this season - all managers do - but he is new to the job and hopefully the experience of this season will be beneficial to the club next season.

However, much will depend on what the owners do in the summer. If they pull the plug on the financial support the club may well have no future at all in its present form regardless of who the manager is.

Archived