BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager? What would you do?

I agree with you totally. If you could guarantee me sane owners with people who know how to run a football club in place I'd love to see the back of them. I just don't see where these owners are coming from though and I don't see how we'd get a better manager whilst the raos remain in charge. As I said earlier we'd get whoever the next cheap option was. Were between a rock and a hard place and I just don't see how changing manager alone is the way forward.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No booth, I expected the childish over reaction that we have seen tonight. It's rather like the reaction that United fans have shown this season in stamping their feet and sulking because they have actually lost a match or two. I always thought we Rovers fans were better than that - clearly not.

We've just lost to our local rivals for the first time in decades, it's the latest in a long line of slaps in the face that could have been avoided only for greed and a host of none footballing matters.

The comparison between Utd fans moaning and Rovers fans continuing devastation just doesn't work. It's nothing like it at all.

Our worst defeat in 35 years??? There are times when I really do believe the Rao family and some of our supporters deserve one another. We lost a football match. It happens. I've seen us lose to Burnley on many occasions before and no doubt will again. I've seen us beat Burnley on many occasions and hopefully will do again. If you can't stand defeat you really shouldn't be involved in following sport. Our time in the sun is over for the moment. That's life, that's football. Burnley lorded - excuse the pun older readers - in the fifties and early sixties, we did the same to them from 1979 on and now Burnley could well enjoy a spell back on top. It's called football. It's not a war, nobody died, and life goes on.

We have a long road ahead to rebuild and it may take a generation or more just has it did in the past. At the end of the day you support the club through thick and thin and goodness knows we've had some great times over the past twenty years or so, just has we had some lean times during the previous twenty odd years. The calling for the sacking of the manager is, in my opinion a total over reaction but, sadly, is a sign of the times with fickle fans.

+1

• Moderation Lead

No booth, I expected the childish over reaction that we have seen tonight. It's rather like the reaction that United fans have shown this season in stamping their feet and sulking because they have actually lost a match or two. I always thought we Rovers fans were better than that - clearly not.

Behave. If things could be better, and staff and players could be doing better, then 'fans' will point it out. If losing to your biggest rivals didn't sting more than any other defeat, it would just be any other defeat.

I agree with you totally. If you could guarantee me sane owners with people who know how to run a football club in place I'd love to see the back of them. I just don't see where these owners are coming from though and I don't see how we'd get a better manager whilst the raos remain in charge. As I said earlier we'd get whoever the next cheap option was. Were between a rock and a hard place and I just don't see how changing manager alone is the way forward.

You want a guarantee, easy peasy, the two Ians and the trust, next question

Burnley have shown the effect a good manager can have with modest resources. Bowyer, has done worse with far more resources.

It is a long time since I agreed with one or your posts :D

nail on the head

Despite the silly contracts given out in the past, it seems Venky's have played it very safe with Bowyer's position. The season is soon coming to an end but still no indication of a renewed contract beyond the initial 12 months.

Personally, I feel if we keep Bowyer we will just become a mediocre Championship team with no prospect of promotion for years to come - for next season we need someone who has the know-how to get a team out of this division - with the changes in personnel within Ewood maybe we could be fairly confident of a suitable appointment for the task in hand for the first time since Big Sam?

It is a good reason to sack the Raos

Hell yeah! And take your debt with you - bloody parasites.

Oh hang on, wrong owners. Still @#/? mind you, but wrong owners.

Do you seriously think the raos would give the club to the trust? I dont

Well, obviously, they'll take the £65m debt with them, then we can let the Trust elect a Board of right good lads to run the club and we can all set about beating burnley again. Piece of pi$$.

• Backroom

People were always going to vent tonight

I'm unhappy with the display but I've said its pointless signing all these players and then getting rid, this season is gone now id sit and discuss intentions in the summer and tell him we need to be a real challenger come Christmas

No I wanted a guarantee that if we got rid of the raos the next owners would be sane etc. since the next owners, barring a strange set of circumstances, will almost certainly not be the trust the question remains

Sorry, I must have misread this

"If you could guarantee me sane owners with people who know how to run a football club in place I'd love to see the back of them"

silly me

Our worst defeat in 35 years??? There are times when I really do believe the Rao family and some of our supporters deserve one another. We lost a football match. It happens. I've seen us lose to Burnley on many occasions before and no doubt will again. I've seen us beat Burnley on many occasions and hopefully will do again. If you can't stand defeat you really shouldn't be involved in following sport. Our time in the sun is over for the moment. That's life, that's football. Burnley lorded - excuse the pun older readers - in the fifties and early sixties, we did the same to them from 1979 on and now Burnley could well enjoy a spell back on top. It's called football. It's not a war, nobody died, and life goes on.

We have a long road ahead to rebuild and it may take a generation or more just has it did in the past. At the end of the day you support the club through thick and thin and goodness knows we've had some great times over the past twenty years or so, just has we had some lean times during the previous twenty odd years. The calling for the sacking of the manager is, in my opinion a total over reaction but, sadly, is a sign of the times with fickle fans.

I'm fickle and deserve the Raos, do I? Well thanks for that.

You want to be careful believing your own hype, mate. Just because the likes of Chaddy think your opinion is unquestionable doesn't make it so.

Bowyer is not up to the task, it is not an overreaction based on today either. It's based on his constant negativity. If you stand still in football, you go backwards. Well under Bowyer we are currently statuesque.

I'd much rather have a change of manager now, when nothing really matters, if it's going to happen.

The new guy can come in, have a look for a dozen games and then use the summer productively, ready for nest season.

Alternatively, we can stay as we are and hope the manager who brought it a lot of the current players can make them into a better team and change his tactics

You want to be careful believing your own hype, mate. Just because the likes of Chaddy think your opinion is unquestionable doesn't make it so.

Bowyer is not up to the task, it is not an overreaction based on today either. It's based on his constant negativity. If you stand still in football, you go backwards. Well under Bowyer we are currently statuesque.

I usually enjoy PB's insights, and yes it was just a game of football.......tell that to the smug gits from Yorkshire. But, GB got it wrong, again, it's a concern.

I appreciate I'm just a fan, but as a grown up, he should learn.....I don't see him developing as a manager, sorry.

The avoidance of the real question remains from the likes of this topic, before you even take into account the "protégé precedent" they have set in their hiring so far. Ye olde metaphor "going to town without a jacket when it rains" is perfect to sum you and a number of other posters "GB-out" nonsense.

It's like banging your head against a wall - what give you the inkling that Mr's Whore Desai is going to replace any manager we sack with a "manager"

GB has a lot of Pro's and Con's, they are there for all to see. Support for him is not simply hiding behind the "he's not Kean" argument, or even the crippling injuries or squad upheaval - It's using a bit of common sense and applying history to the same action.

If you think Gary has had his time, then I really worry about what you think will happen next. This is not 1990, 2000, 2008 etc - There is absolutely nothing to suggest that the owners will replace him with anything better.

Until this REALITY changes, I'm afraid I'm weighing up the pro's and con's and thanking god that the slide halted when it did. I take standing still for a season or two over hurtling backwards at a rate of knotts shedding talent, managers, money and more fans in the process aka 2010-2013 "The raping of Blackburn Rovers"

Serious question - do you think this current squad has under achieved this season?

Yes but with some allowances for a few facts;

1. Injuries

2. It's 2/3 of the first teams first season.

3. We've seriously cut back budget.

I imagine a more experienced manager would of made a less mistakes, but I also imagine the players will get better with stability and consistency - I hate to say it but look at that set of nobodies in claret today. Strangely enough in Sean's first season with ye olde six fingerers they also lacked consistency...

Yes but with some allowances for a few facts;

1. Injuries

2. It's 2/3 of the first teams first season.

3. We've seriously cut back budget.

I imagine a more experienced manager would of made a less mistakes, but I also imagine the players will get better with stability and consistency - I hate to say it but look at that set of nobodies in claret today. Strangely enough in Sean's first season with ye olde six fingerers they also lacked consistency...

Seriously cut back budget? Last count I heard was 21 players signed by Bowyer.

21!

Archived