BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager? What would you do?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now would be a good time for a change if it's going to happen.

We aren't going down and it's highly unlikely we will be going up, so a new man would have a dozen games or so to have a look at what's in the squad and make some decisions about what needs to happen in the summer

Not unlike what Souness did when he first arrived.

these things happen.

Wow. Way to sum up our worst defeat in 35 years.

Does anything Bowyer does annoy you? You seem to put so much faith in him (and Nixon) and seem to only get mad at other Rovers fans who threaten your bubble with a cold serving of reality.

I honestly can't relate to you at all,.

I would stick with Bowyer as manager. IMO doing a good job. very disappointed about today but these things happen. wish it hadn't but sadly it did.

I defo do not agree that Bowyer has the lost the fans at all. a lot of fans understand that Bowyer is trying to rebuild a club and playing staff after the previous 3 seasons of turmoil that happened at the club.

if Bowyer was to be sack then I would go for Tony Mowbray or Simon Grayson. both would be realistic choices and both have experience of the championship

aren't Clarke and Mackay still waiting for their payoff from the previous club where they was sacked at.

Souness aint interested in football management anymore as he has said many times on Sky Sports

K-Hod, we don't know how the squad would have done under a different manager. far too hypothetical and basically guessing.

I've just won another tenner, cheers.

Personally, I'd be more than happy to stick with Bowyer for next season. He seems to be taking a long term view which is the only way forward now that the owners have destroyed everything that Jack built up. As a club the overwhelming message that has come out this season is that the wage bill must be reduced at all costs. That isn't compatible with building a promotion winning squad. Hopefully, some astute signings in the summer and with the likes of O'Connell and O'Connor returning after gaining experience elsewhere this season may enable us to build a leaner and meaner squad - rather like Burnley have done over the past 18 months. Bowyer has made mistakes this season - all managers do - but he is new to the job and hopefully the experience of this season will be beneficial to the club next season.

However, much will depend on what the owners do in the summer. If they pull the plug on the financial support the club may well have no future at all in its present form regardless of who the manager is.

Made mistakes is an understatement !!!!

It is getting silly now !

• Backroom

In a world where a new manager is needed (we're on the cusp) a choice could be someone like Marcelo Bielsa. Hard fecker and plays good football.

Other possible (yet pretty dreamland) managers would be DiMatteo, AVB and Mackay.

If we could somehow tempt Mackay here it would be immense. Doesn't have the aura of Dalglish or Souness (although his stock had fallen at the time) but he'd definitely get my vote.

He worked with Tan, The Worst Ever Football Club Owner surely Venkys would be a piece of cake.

In a world where a new manager is needed (we're on the cusp) a choice could be someone like Marcelo Bielsa. Hard fecker and plays good football.

Other possible (yet pretty dreamland) managers would be DiMatteo, AVB and Mackay.

You must have hit the bottle pretty hard after todays defeat if you think El Loco Bielsa will come and manage us. He's probably the best unemployed manager in world football, with clubs all around the world after him.

If we could somehow tempt Mackay here it would be immense. Doesn't have the aura of Dalglish or Souness (although his stock had fallen at the time) but he'd definitely get my vote.

He worked with Tan, The Worst Ever Football Club Owner surely Venkys would be a piece of cake.

Tan took Cardiff from the Championship to the top flight after a 53 year absence, Venkys took Rovers from 10th in the Premiership to mid table in the Championship. I know who I'd rather have as owner of the club.

Wow. Way to sum up our worst defeat in 35 years.

Does anything Bowyer does annoy you? You seem to put so much faith in him (and Nixon) and seem to only get mad at other Rovers fans who threaten your bubble with a cold serving of reality.

I honestly can't relate to you at all,.

Our worst defeat in 35 years??? There are times when I really do believe the Rao family and some of our supporters deserve one another. We lost a football match. It happens. I've seen us lose to Burnley on many occasions before and no doubt will again. I've seen us beat Burnley on many occasions and hopefully will do again. If you can't stand defeat you really shouldn't be involved in following sport. Our time in the sun is over for the moment. That's life, that's football. Burnley lorded - excuse the pun older readers - in the fifties and early sixties, we did the same to them from 1979 on and now Burnley could well enjoy a spell back on top. It's called football. It's not a war, nobody died, and life goes on.

We have a long road ahead to rebuild and it may take a generation or more just has it did in the past. At the end of the day you support the club through thick and thin and goodness knows we've had some great times over the past twenty years or so, just has we had some lean times during the previous twenty odd years. The calling for the sacking of the manager is, in my opinion a total over reaction but, sadly, is a sign of the times with fickle fans.

Our worst defeat in 35 years??? There are times when I really do believe the Rao family and some of our supporters deserve one another. We lost a football match. It happens. I've seen us lose to Burnley on many occasions before and no doubt will again. I've seen us beat Burnley on many occasions and hopefully will do again. If you can't stand defeat you really shouldn't be involved in following sport. Our time in the sun is over for the moment. That's life, that's football. Burnley lorded - excuse the pun older readers - in the fifties and early sixties, we did the same to them from 1979 on and now Burnley could well enjoy a spell back on top. It's called football. It's not a war, nobody died, and life goes on.

We have a long road ahead to rebuild and it may take a generation or more just has it did in the past. At the end of the day you support the club through thick and thin and goodness knows we've had some great times over the past twenty years or so, just has we had some lean times during the previous twenty odd years. The calling for the sacking of the manager is, in my opinion a total over reaction but, sadly, is a sign of the times with fickle fans.

In the past we have never had owners like the Raos, they don't have the nouse to rebuild what they have destroyed

Our worst defeat in 35 years??? There are times when I really do believe the Rao family and some of our supporters deserve one another. We lost a football match. It happens. I've seen us lose to Burnley on many occasions before and no doubt will again. I've seen us beat Burnley on many occasions and hopefully will do again. If you can't stand defeat you really shouldn't be involved in following sport.

If you don't want to see angry posts by so called fickle fans, you shouldn't look at the main Rovers site after a Burnley defeat.

What did you expect this evening? Endless joy and a Bowyer appreciation thread?

So is that a reason to sack bowyer? I'd have thought it was more a reason to keep him because you can almost guarantee that they wouldn't get a decent guy in. They'd get the cheap option

It is a good reason to sack the Raos

So is that a reason to sack bowyer? I'd have thought it was more a reason to keep him because you can almost guarantee that they wouldn't get a decent guy in. They'd get the cheap option

That's what we've got now gumboots.

If you don't want to see angry posts by so called fickle fans, you shouldn't look at the main Rovers site after a Burnley defeat.

What did you expect this evening? Endless joy and a Bowyer appreciation thread?

No booth, I expected the childish over reaction that we have seen tonight. It's rather like the reaction that United fans have shown this season in stamping their feet and sulking because they have actually lost a match or two. I always thought we Rovers fans were better than that - clearly not.

It is a good reason to sack the Raos

Come on yoda, much as I understand your sentiments, you know as well as I do, we're stuck or bust, simplistically we've lost a game to a better team.

We need to learn, reform, regroup and move on.

No booth, I expected the childish over reaction that we have seen tonight. It's rather like the reaction that United fans have shown this season in stamping their feet and sulking because they have actually lost a match or two. I always thought we Rovers fans were better than that - clearly not.

Disagree, its a culmination of 3 years insanity kicking in

Come on yoda, much as I understand your sentiments, you know as well as I do, we're stuck or bust.

Sorry, disagree, we are bust with them

It is not an over reaction it has been going on all season .......

Gary Bowyer is not a manager end of , nice guy and it is not personal ...

The time to get rid of Bowyer was after the Brum home game, pointless replacing him now.

I agree that, Brum was the time to get rid of him if we were serious about going up. However if Bowyer is not going to be manager next season (which I don't think he should be) then now is the time to sack him and get a new manager for the rest of the season so he gets to know the club and the players and so the players get to know him. Also the knew man would get to see who would and who wouldn't feature in his plans for next season.

The frustration with the managers ineptitude isn't just about today. There have been far too many times this season when his decision making just hasn't been good enough. He may be a nice guy and he may have our best interests at heart but ultimately (in my opinion) he is out of his depth and we will stagnate or regress under him.

How many teams had Dyche taken to the Premiership before this season?

Identifying managerial talent is as much part of football as identifying playing talent

That is just one reason the Raos have to go

Archived